Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Okay, I just figured out that my pics look silly since it's unconverted. I guess you live and learn. I'm nervous about doing a conversion, how hard is it?

easy cheesy japaneezy.

Just look in the conversions section. you can do it with the most minimal of tools.

Did you do your own conversion? How did it go? I'm just afraid I'll screw it up for sure. Then I'll be stuck with a boat anchor.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I just figured out that my pics look silly since it's unconverted. I guess you live and learn. I'm nervous about doing a conversion, how hard is it?

easy cheesy japaneezy.

Just look in the conversions section. you can do it with the most minimal of tools.

Thanks for the advice, and a big thanks to Boomstick for all his help. Here's she is, finally converted.

number 2

post-38328-0-83730600-1325941196_thumb.jpg

post-38328-0-57878600-1325941335_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

easy cheesy japaneezy.

Thanks for the advice, and a big thanks to Boomstick for all his help. Here's she is, finally converted.

number 2

That's real nice. I just finished my S20 conversion and my 7.62 will be next. I really like your pistol grip is it the Mission grip?

• Like 1

easy cheesy japaneezy.

number 2

That's real nice. I just finished my S20 conversion and my 7.62 will be next. I really like your pistol grip is it the Mission grip?

It's the Hogue grip from Carolina Shooters Supply. I upgraded to the hogue when I bought my conversion kit from them, it was like $7.00 w/ the conv. kit.

I just bought my Saiga, and the parts won't be in until this weekend. In the meantime, here is my MAK 90. From this:

img429.jpg

To this:

makfurnished.jpg

I refinished the butt stock, and the handguards are from the Ironwood Designs woodpile.

makuhga.jpg

I am going to stay black poly with the Saiga for now, so I can keep the factory handguard. If I ever change the HG, I might go wood with it as well.

Edited by Stoned_Oli
  • Like 2

A picture from before the conversion.

Does this count as gun abuse? Abuse in the same way that its abuse to breed dogs into tiny lap dogs who cant breathe right, and then dressing them up in "cute" little outfits to take them on walks with?

P.S. I didnt mean to do it... dont hate me 009.gif

post-36320-0-48212900-1327127012_thumb.jpg