Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

I wanted the old school Romanian BFPU style. When I first put the Romanian wood on the saiga, the rifles finish looked to nice for the old furniture. So I thought I would age the saiga finish to make it older instead of refinishing the wood. Funny I made this rifle look future new with plastic tapco only to end up going back to the basics. Think I'm finally done now...

IMG_7012.jpg

IMG_7011.jpg

IMG_7015.jpg

• Like 3

Got this from JGSales.com . Came as you see it for 520, with another 17 or so shipping. I figured that for that price it wasn't really worth it for me to risk messing up a perfectly good rifle, even if it's as easy as everyone says it is.

I checked their website the day I received it because I thought it was supposed to come with a poly mag. According to their website it wasn't, but I also discovered they'd raised the price up to $600. Pretty happy I pulled the trigger when I did :D

post-40767-0-85300400-1331240418_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I wanted the old school Romanian BFPU style. When I first put the Romanian wood on the saiga, the rifles finish looked to nice for the old furniture. So I thought I would age the saiga finish to make it older instead of refinishing the wood. Funny I made this rifle look future new with plastic tapco only to end up going back to the basics. Think I'm finally done now...

IMG_7012.jpg

IMG_7011.jpg

IMG_7015.jpg

Thats...strangely intriguing. I like it...I think. You did the 'battlefield pickup' look pretty well. F-ing up a new gun on purpose still seems naughty, but you may have started a new trend in firearms...distressed reporoductions.

I put a bulgy 90 deg GB with a bayo lug, and also the front sight (which I had to file a bit to fit the bayo) from k-var (ak-333).

Now I just have to paint it and replace the trigger guard with a riveted AKM one once I get some riveting tools.

Also I will be adding a ironwood AKM style stock.

post-36320-0-75903700-1331790570_thumb.gif

Edited by Agent Lemon
  • Like 1

Almost done.

big_smile.gif

I just need to go shoot to confirm the FSB is good to go, and then drill/pin it to the barrel.

After that, just need to tighten up some of the cosmetics, and a refinish to cover the marks from the conversion.

Thanks to Cobra for the awesome custom G2 trigger work!

AK60.png

AK68.png

AK69.png

AK63.png

AK70.png

• Like 1

Updated my saiga 7.62 just installed new stock, grip, buffer tube.

Mako AK pistol grip synthetic - Midwayusa

Mako 8 position ar stock buffer tube - Midwayusa

Magpul Moe Black commercial stock - local tactical shop

post-37643-0-86041600-1331963306_thumb.jpg

post-37643-0-26285700-1331963416_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dang.. my post from my phone didnt work.. so here.. now, this is my Saiga:

Caa tube

Moe stock

magpul foregrip

Ergo grip

TWS Gen 1 rail

CSS Tri rail

Home installed FSB

Kvar brake.

Soon to come: Magpul sling adapter as well as the CSS top cover to the tri rail.

post-21780-0-38977200-1332526255_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZA_Survivalist
  • Like 1

Dang.. my post from my phone didnt work.. so here.. now, this is my Saiga:

Caa tube

Moe stock

magpul foregrip

Ergo grip

TWS Gen 1 rail

CSS Tri rail

Home installed FSB

Kvar brake.

Soon to come: Magpul sling adapter as well as the CSS top cover to the tri rail.

nice set up! how much did you pay for ur moe stock?

The Moe stock? not too much I think $60 from CSS?

I had to dremel a little "U" shape to fit the gen 1 TWS rail rear tang portion with the MOE stock.

Only reason I'm sticking with the Gen 1 TWS rail on this set up is they are getting hard to come by seeings how the new GEN 2 TWS rail is out (My Gen 2 is mounted on my Draco SBR)

The Gen 1 rail might be kind of like a collectors item in 5-10 years.. provided we can still own firearms by then. haha.

Texas Weapon Systems Dogleg cover

TruGlo Reflex sight

Arsenal single hook FCG

Red Jacket A2 hider

Romanian gas tube

Hougue PG

Timbersmith black lam wood

Vulcan Arms lower HG retainer

Romanian mags

Right now tho its a mutt, w the tapco wood pictured, except for an intrafuse lower handguard, Magpul AFG and LaRue Tactical handstop as a thumb brake on left side. Will post a pic of that setup when I can, as well as a range report on using a thumb brake on an AK.

Plans are for an enhanced selector lever and an optic that will cowitness with irons. Possibly a tritium front post as well.

post-37446-0-59829800-1332677661_thumb.jpg

Edited by logartist
  • Like 3

well, did some more work, and im finally done.

started off as this (not my pic, borrowing im_n2_vws)

post-39380-0-80781700-1332111642_thumb.jpg

became this:

WP_000677.jpg

and now its this:

WP_000760.jpg

WP_000762.jpg

WP_000758.jpg

found that the rear of the receiver was slightly twisted either from the factory or from carrier mashing issues when i was shooting 154gr soft points constantly, and why i had to zero it with the post all the way to the left or cant the rsb in order to get the front post center. fixed all that up, added the 100 series stock, got a saiga leaf sight engraved with the cyrillic P, 4, and 5, took an Akbuilder pg plate and reshaped it to a round-tab, and filed the uneveness of the front sight itself with jewelers files. its currently zeroed and dead on at 100 with the post in center, will finalize at 200 nexttime. but right now, i just need to sandblast and refinish again and done! :)

• Like 3

Almost done with mine. Did the conversion on Sunday. CSS T-6 kit, Molot PG, Intrafuse handguard, UTG 3-9x32 AO scope, some laser setup that I had laying around, still have the muzzle brake to do, and waiting on my Magpul angled foregrip.

Saiga001.jpg

Saiga002.jpg

With it's Philipino little brother, Armscor M1600 .22 semi

EBRs.jpg

Here is mine so far all thats left is a scope mount and a scope.

Tapco OD furniture

Tapco g2 trigger group

Tapco ak74 style comp (for now)

Tapco 30rnd mags

harris bipod

Vert grip

Magpul xtm rail covers

Self made sling

Top pic before I put the comp on

post-41309-0-18716300-1332897668_thumb.jpg

post-41309-0-51756100-1332897690_thumb.jpg

Ok, got a better pic, lost the Saiga mag and threw in one of the Russian surplus 30 rounders I got from AIM and took a few shots outside in natural light. I need to take my time and take some decent pics, I never take the time to set them up perfectly.

Saiga012.jpg

Saiga008.jpg