Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

Added a Battlegrip Bipod. Still gotta get the muzzle threaded for attachments, a mag coupler, an extended mag release, and a few other odds & ends. I'm about finished with this project. Time for the next one!!! Thinking about doing an AR build.

post-42173-0-00542600-1337846049_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kiddy Kane
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Added a Battlegrip Bipod. Still gotta get the muzzle threaded for attachments, a mag coupler, an extended mag release, and a few other odds & ends. I'm about finished with this project. Time for the next one!!! Thinking about doing an AR build.

post-42173-0-00542600-1337846049_thumb.jpg

Looks good. How much did you spend on the grip pod?

MSlick it is actually a GPS (Grip Pod System) not a Battlegrip. I was wrong about the manufacturer. My friend actually gave me the vertical grip so I'm not sure what he paid for it.

I have a friend that has a nice grip pod like yours(don't know the brand). I know they can be pricy so I can't really afford the military quality ones. I'll shop around for one though. Thanks Kane

• 2 weeks later...

Saiga AKM. This time with the correct AKM style FSB. Also a tighter fitting handguard :).

Need to get a RUssian made bayonet and also either use a bakelite grip, or get a correct wooden grip. From what I gather, both would be correct.

Hmmmm...

post-36320-0-13001600-1340100975_thumb.jpg

Edited by Agent Lemon
  • Like 1

hey agent lemon that thing is schweet, you dont see many saiga akms. i got a question about that bayonet though. hows the fit on it? does it move around alot? does it go on/come off easily? i had a type 1 bayo (yours is type 2 i belive) that was a bear to get on and off and once i had it on it had to be hit with a hammer to get it off.

The bayonet is a snug fit going on/off, but has a bit of play from side to side. Not sure that I could have done anything about the side to side play. Both this one, and the East German one that I have fit snugly and are a breeze to take on and off. I'm not too sure about the types they are, I've been focusing on the furniture first. Eventually though, I want to make it into a more or less period correct AKM rifle.

To install the bayonet so that it stays tight, I just play a bit with the FSB after installing the HG retainer and GB. Simply press on the FSB until it is on just far enough to easily put on/take off the bayonet with little to no play, and without issues with a super tight bayonet button. It is also important to have a cleaning rod on for the second time testing this, as I've found that a cleaning rod can take an extra bit of space under the FSB, making the the FSB have to sit further back in order to accept a bayonet.

As for your own bayonet, I'm really not sure why it is so tight. Is the button on it (does type 1 have a button?) hard to press? I would take a careful look at it and then see if maybe a surface (GB or FSB or bayonet) could use a little bit of sanding to give it that extra bit of space to free it up and make it easy to take on/ off. Maybe check to see if any surfaces are touching/ marring each other. A slightly canted FSB could possibly be causing interference or something.

Here is my finished Saige AK Converted. No tacticool or anything just a simple black rifle...shoots great

84473492.jpg

Saige 03/09 Built-features Mil-Spec threaded barrel, dimpled receiver

Full internal 922r compliant with G2 Trigger

Tapco Galil Saiga Handguard ( many have said its not good but it has stood up so far 500rds and its rock solid still )

Magpul RVG

Echo93 Single Point Sling Mount (best mod ever)

Molot Grip

Tapco Warsaw Length Stock

True Hungarian AMD Muzzle Brake installed with crush washer( I am Hungarian, had to put something from the mother land )

Edited by thehun
  • Like 1

post-39513-0-42741700-1340761957_thumb.jpg

Nothing fancy or out of the ordinary but I sure love how it looks!

And yes I know it sucks cuz I live in Cali and can only have 10 round mags =/

Saiga AK(7.62)

Tapco G2 trigger

Hogue grip

Magpul MOE stock

Vltor stock adapter tube

Tapco mag, handguard and vertical grip

CA Bullet Button from ebay

Next will be a buzzle brake....

Nice rifle mslick1, any problems with it in SD? San Diego is my hometown and eventually will be moving back,not sure if I should bring my Saiga along,being California.

Well CA has stupid gun laws as we all know! As long as you have a bullet button and no more than 10 round mags you should be fine. My buddy from work mentioned to me a new law that makes the bullet button illegal and we would have to give up our AK's. Bullshit!!!

Cant remember what new law this is but its to be taking effect next July, if it passes.

Well if that becomes the case, I would probably sell it and get a Mini 14 or one those sweet Ruger/Gunsite scout rifles.

Im crossing my fingers that it doesnt go through because I just got my saiga and recently converted it. Hope so buddy!