Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

Nice rifle mslick1, any problems with it in SD? San Diego is my hometown and eventually will be moving back,not sure if I should bring my Saiga along,being California.

Well CA has stupid gun laws as we all know! As long as you have a bullet button and no more than 10 round mags you should be fine. My buddy from work mentioned to me a new law that makes the bullet button illegal and we would have to give up our AK's. Bullshit!!!

Cant remember what new law this is but its to be taking effect next July, if it passes.

SB294, is the one you are refering to. Stop listening to "your buddy" and get involved! First and formost, an AK does not have a "bullet button"(in CA) and the atempted law is not for "bullet buttons" , but the already unlawful "mag magnet"(in CA), that eliminates the "mag release" function of a mag lock. Read the laws wording, educate yourself instead of relying on "your buddy"!

Also we are not yet in law of this crap. Senator Yee is already backpedaling on his reasons after being pushed hard from those that love guns in CA!

Back to your regularly scheduled program!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Nice rifle mslick1, any problems with it in SD? San Diego is my hometown and eventually will be moving back,not sure if I should bring my Saiga along,being California.

Well CA has stupid gun laws as we all know! As long as you have a bullet button and no more than 10 round mags you should be fine. My buddy from work mentioned to me a new law that makes the bullet button illegal and we would have to give up our AK's. Bullshit!!!

Cant remember what new law this is but its to be taking effect next July, if it passes.

SB294, is the one you are refering to. Stop listening to "your buddy" and get involved! First and formost, an AK does not have a "bullet button"(in CA) and the atempted law is not for "bullet buttons" , but the already unlawful "mag magnet"(in CA), that eliminates the "mag release" function of a mag lock. Read the laws wording, educate yourself instead of relying on "your buddy"!

Also we are not yet in law of this crap. Senator Yee is already backpedaling on his reasons after being pushed hard from those that love guns in CA!

Maybe Im not as knowledgeable as you but calm down with your sarcasm. Quit being an asshole about it trying to put me on blast. And maybe I didnt have my info correct but If your going to be posting shit like that just dont bother and keep it to yourself. Kick rocks!

SB249..thank Leland Yee of....where else?......San Francisco

Maybe Im not as knowledgeable as you but calm down with your sarcasm. Quit being an asshole about it trying to put me on blast. And maybe I didnt have my info correct but If your going to be posting shit like that just dont bother and keep it to yourself. Kick rocks!

First and formost, sorry you read it that way! Not my intention. I just want to keep folks properly informed. I do not want sombody like you in trouble for trying to stay within the law in this fucked state!

There was no "sarcasm" in my post. My post was to help my fellow CA residents be informed. That said you are the one who should relax, I do not want to see anybody in trouble while trying to be compliant, let alone my fellow CA residents! We in CA have a hard enough time with gun laws.

Oh and I am not sure what being but on "blast" is!?

Now! The SB249 has been defeated.....ie Gone....for now!

I just think more folks shoud get involved in the political stance of firearms ownership to defeat shitty bills like this. Not just in CA, but all over the US!

I am done with this in this topic...sorry for the derailment...if you are interested in any further discussion PM me. Not trying to bash anybody just educate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...

Nice first post... Welcome to S12.com!

Classy & KISS AK.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Many Thanks For the assist and the welcome. I'm from the dark (rifle) side. But I fell in love with Russian Saiga rifles. Poor AR doesn't make it out too much these days :)

I'm Active on Calguns, and sadly the mag is neutered and only holds 10. Plus there is a shroud around the mag release.

Only outside CA do I get to use the rifle as it was truly intended...

• Like 1

I love the look of that rail on the reciever but wouldn't it need zero'd in every time you take the reciever off?

In the past, on a regular dust cover modified with a rail, yes.

But with the TWS's design and mounting, no, it has proved to hold accuracy.

I before E, except after C.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Very slick, KISS rifle. Well done.

Thanks! I keep seeing other AK's with all kinds of other things on them and I have to physically restrain myself from reaching for the credit card.

5731D1DC-0894-4A81-91CD-E1E3516B9F4C-369-000000BC4CB554BB.jpg

A6B2DF4B-5F61-4CDC-92E6-9F4A77F35C33-369-000000BCA8D66F07.jpg

I keep repeating "It works as it is" over and over to myself. Both those are at 50 yds, btw

• Like 1