Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Here's my Saiga 7.62x39 today. No different than when I got it 20 years ago, same strap and all. I may be ready for some upgrades, but I've been totally happy with it, not a single issue ever.

file_zpsdc362d3a.jpg

• Like 1

post-46210-0-42433900-1361490591_thumb.jpgpost-46210-0-48426400-1361490634_thumb.jpg

Figured I'd update you guys on my gun progress. It's now got a PAM3M optic on it. Btw I love and highly recommend this optic. Unbelievable clarity and over-all quality for a measly $108.

There are even quality optics for less. I believe there's a 70$ choice that takes cr2032 battery.

This one differs in that it uses a cr2 battery providing 800 hours of life and it has 4 reticals.

[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] image.jpg[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] image.jpg

Figured I'd update you guys on my gun progress. It's now got a PAM3M optic on it. Btw I love and highly recommend this optic. Unbelievable clarity and over-all quality for a measly $108.

There are even quality optics for less. I believe there's a 70$ choice that takes cr2032 battery.

This one differs in that it uses a cr2 battery providing 800 hours of life and it has 4 reticals.

That's very similar to mine, what handguard is that? I just have to thread my barrel and install the flash hider then ill post pics. I have a Magpul CTR stock, MD Arms pistol grip, US Palm mag, TWS Dogleg gen 2, no factory sights but either Magpul MBUS or Troy Battle sights (not sure yet), Chaos quad rail, and an optic i like very mucha Leupold Prismatic.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am finally doneCSS trigger group hogue gripAce buttstockPhantom flash HiderUTG rail w/ Magul goodiesPrimary Arms red dot[img=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg113/elamb23/IMAG0279.jpg]

I feel as if we have similar taste. Further than just AK in general. Same fore grip and rail combo. And I also went primary arms with my optic. Great sights these guys make!post-46210-0-75615100-1362546494.jpg

[img=]http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] image.jpg[img=]http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] image.jpgFigured I'd update you guys on my gun progress. It's now got a PAM3M optic on it. Btw I love and highly recommend this optic. Unbelievable clarity and over-all quality for a measly $108.There are even quality optics for less. I believe there's a 70$ choice that takes cr2032 battery.This one differs in that it uses a cr2 battery providing 800 hours of life and it has 4 reticals.
That's very similar to mine, what handguard is that? I just have to thread my barrel and install the flash hider then ill post pics. I have a Magpul CTR stock, MD Arms pistol grip, US Palm mag, TWS Dogleg gen 2, no factory sights but either Magpul MBUS or Troy Battle sights (not sure yet), Chaos quad rail, and an optic i like very mucha Leupold Prismatic.

I believe it's a utg quad rail but am not sure as I bought it used with nothing but the quad rail. Not even the screws were included! But people have told me it looks like the utg. But as I have nothing to compare it to I can't be certain.

Basically your guess is as good as mine.

But I have been telling people it's utg just to avoid trying to figure it out. Lol.

Can't wait to see your setup. Post soon. As far as which irons to go with the functionality of the magpie MBUS sights and the Troy bus sights are identical. Just magpuls are their super plastic and Troy uses metal. Slight weight difference but nothing substantial.

Take a look into "primary arms" for an optic. They have tons of choices and they're durable and affordable. I LOVE mine.

Okay i put some old parts on the AK i was working on and sold it to my brother because i picked up a brand new dimpled Saiga 7.62 on Friday for $419 :)

Starting from the back:

*Magpul CTR stock & CSS internal block & stock parts

*MD Arms Molot pistol grip

*TWS Dogleg Gen 2 dust cover

*Tromix charging handle

*Tapco G2 FCG (all internals polished)

*CSS angled trigger guard

*CSS bullet guide

*US Palm mag

*Chaos quad rail

*Phantom flash hider

*Leupold Prismatic optic

I hace a TWS rear peep sight on the way that works perfect with the factory front sight. I might still go with BUIS but that'd mean a new gas tube, and Ultimak gas tube rail. I like my set up as is for now!

What you guys think??post-46357-0-87455500-1362632225_thumb.jpg

ETA: my brother is a supervisor at a commercial metal paint shop and will do a professional ceramic paint job in any of 128 colors i want for free :)

I may also order an internal AR stock adapter from Mississippi Auto Arms to clean up the rear a bit and make it look a bit better but that involves replacing the rear trunion. Maybe next winter. For now i have my first S12 on the way.

Edited by dubya

My MK/AK-104 as it came from the UK importer who brings them in from Izhmash exactly as it is in the pic.They come in with mil-spec 104 polymer furniture,flash hider/muzzle booster and current issue 1000m rear sight leaf with the 'half' line markings and 104 style 30r black polymer mags :)

post-44524-0-50062600-1362857133_thumb.jpg

my question is how did you get those front grips. they look awesome but how hard are they to put on.

You talking about the handguard in the pic above your post? That's a Kvar and i think CSS sells them. You need a handguard retainer and a AK74 gas tube to use it.

Before and after

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And a happy family

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

in the 'before' pic it has got a steel 30r mag and standard pistol grip.......but in the 'after' pic its still got a 30r mag but has got that weird pistol grip.How does that work?.It looked nice with the traditional furniture on it smile.png

Mine with a dirty great big posp 8x42vd fitted!

post-44524-0-62713300-1363335528_thumb.jpg

Edited by UKAK
In before pic it has a magazine lock and a 10 rounds mag. Stupid California crap

oh i see, that sounds pants! :(

its funny that despite our strict gun laws here in the UK we have no mag cap restrictions

After trying different furniture etc i've settled on this look :)

post-44524-0-84685000-1363351729_thumb.jpg

Edited by UKAK
That flash supressor or muzzle break on your rifle, the one that looks like a duck calll...What is it called and where do you get them in the US?

If you mean mine its an original AK-104 flash-hider/muzzle booster and it came fitted as standard.Not sure were you would get one in the US as i'm in the UK :)

Added an M4 commercial tube adapter from CSS with a Magpul MOE stock. Scope is a Leupold VRX-Hog. Right now I have it on a side scope mount but may upgrade to the TWS rail cover. I may also change out the front hand guard later on.

Saiga-MagpulMOE1.jpg