Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

She is beautiful BB... WOW!

Here's mine... it's not a Saiga... but I love her. Bulgarian SAM-7. I just today finished her up the way I've always wanted an AK.

A Saiga (AK-103 style) is on the way shortly!

sam-sling-polish30.jpg

Here's mine... it's not a Saiga... but I love her. Bulgarian SAM-7. I just today finished her up the way I've always wanted an AK.

sam-sling-polish30.jpg

That looks really nice, came out looking exelent.

sam-sling-polish30.jpg

Wow, that blond wood looks really good!

sam-sling-polish30.jpg

Where did you get the blond wood? looks great.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally finished! AK-103 clone, using Kvar furniture kit, US FCG and FH.

Ahhh man... with the dimple too! Nice!

I have one of these in my future very soon also... I don't think I'm getting the dimple though!

Again... nice!

WOW very nice Doc! :super: I was about to PM you today and check on how that was going...

About the overstamped Triangle marking..I think that means the gun was re arsenaled.

Hey what kind of HG is that on the Krebs gun? Looks sweet. That would go good on my .223 with AR PG! :wub:

Thanks Micah and Cobra. I learned a lot about welding, milling, bead blasting, Parkerizing, and painting. Got some help from a local very experienced smith. Next project is turning a .223 into a Krinkov-looking thing.

Sorry Doc but I'm digging nickdrak's more...I think its the already loaded mags :)

That being said they are both nice examples of guns

The Krebs looks pretty kool. I was going for an exact as possible duplicate of a 103 and far as I can tell it's pretty close. Wouldn't have bothered if had gotten a receiver without the dimples.

Oh shit... I just noticed the mag too! Did I already say very nice?

Got the mag from Oleg at Rusmil. It used to have an Izhmash sticker on it but it came off somewhere along the way.

(Flattery will get you everywhere :D .)

That's excellent, Shadow! I like the look of the regular AK, but I think the converted Saiga looks very cool and unique with its HG.

I am at work nearly 60 hours a week now, and my wife works saturdays, so I get to keep my boy. For this reason, I think i have decided to drop my saigas off at tromix for conversion.

That's excellent, Shadow! I like the look of the regular AK, but I think the converted Saiga looks very cool and unique with its HG.

I am at work nearly 60 hours a week now, and my wife works saturdays, so I get to keep my boy. For this reason, I think i have decided to drop my saigas off at tromix for conversion.

Yeah the Saiga HG is very unique, I do really like the look of it. I just wish it had some rail options like the other handguards out there. Ive seen a Saiga 12 HG for sale that has the same saiga style but with a added lower rail. But have never come across the same thing for the 7.62 though.

Ive have been wondering if some of the Rail kits sold at places like Tapco which you attach to a existing HGs would work and or look good on a saiga HG.

It cool to here you might ship of your Saigas (plural I jealous I can no longer purchase them or any 7.62 AK in my Home state of CT ) to Tromix they seem to do some amazing work, I love their designs.

I had an Arsenal SLR 105R that had an added under HG rail for a vertical grip, and I can't see why that wouldn't work and look good on a Saiga HG.

I'll just be getting a standard conversion from tromix, though. Nothing special. Should look about like yours, minus the receiver holes when he gets through.

That sucks; I did not know that CT had banned AK's.

Fucking idiots.