Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

My new addition to the 7.62x39 family... an Arsenal SLR 107CR (and my Saiga).

I switched the solid K-Var folder that was on the 107 with the Russian triangle side folder that was on my Saiga 7.62x39. Now my Saiga is a real AK 103 clone!

P6180133.jpg

P6180124.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Ax Man, how bout some close ups of that rail system...

Looks Sweet BTW!!!!!!!

As you wish. . .

post-4394-1183853997_thumb.jpg post-4394-1183854015_thumb.jpg

post-4394-1183854031_thumb.jpg post-4394-1183854046_thumb.jpg

Anything else in particular you'd like to see? Download the images and enlarge them on your system. There is enough detail in the photos to enlarge 400+ % w/ out getting grainy.

• Like 1

I put 50 or so rounds through it yesterday (in the heat and rain) and it held zero well. The slots may be too large as there is a little fore and aft "slop" in the sight before I tighten it down, so returning to zero after removal is problematic.

The front attachment point is a steel pin that fits into the RGB, replacing the rear sight. The rear attachment point is a hole in the mount through which you screw to the stock, through the tang, w/ the original screw. As someone on this board suggested, I'm looking to fit a machine screw insert into the stock and use a machine screw so as to not "wear out" the stock.

I may fit the Kel-Tec peep sight to it as well. I'd have to remove the scope to use it, but I have room on the mount to add the peep and leave it there and use the FSB. I may add some kind of gas-tube rail and use a BUIS set and just remove the FSB.

Here's my Saiga -- with a 6-position collapsible, side-folding stock.

Jim

Jigga what? You rig that up on the ACE block?

Yeah - I used the ACE internal receiver block (I cut the dang tang!), the ACE side folding mechanism and CAR adapter (a.k.a. Pig Nose). The CAA stock just screws right in and it held in place by a small set screw. The stock is extremely comfortable and gives a great line up on the iron sights.

The only down side was realizing (too late) that CAA imports all their stuff from Israel -- so it doesn't count for 922R compliance. It's a great stock, though, so I'm working on other parts rather than replacing it.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, it's not a Saiga, but...

Started as an Arsenal SLR 107CR (see my post above in this page), but today I got my tax stamp back from the ATF so I chopped the barrel to 12.5" and added a correct AK-104 break, now I got me an AK-104 type clone. Very pleased with the "small-size assault rifle". Handles like a champ and is very well balanced.

ak-104-clone.jpg

Edited by micah360

Thank you to everyone for making this possible!!!

I have all my PG conversion parts just in case CA SB23 ever dies.

Then I can join the rest of the country enjoying mil - hicaps and PGs oh my !

Peoples Republic of Kalifornia AK 103 (work in progress) :ded:

post-6849-1187753616_thumb.png

Edited by girmper

post-6849-1187754202_thumb.jpg

:chris:

post-6849-1187754310_thumb.jpg

Pretty good, hey one thing, if you want to get a better each for the

trigger, get with BattlerifleG3 he can make you a buttstock like the original

of the Saiga sporter on wood, to give you a better reach on the trigger.

But it came out nice, good work.

Ummm...Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that in violation of 922R to have foreign furniture and a threaded muzzle without having used enough US made compliance parts? :unsure: Even if thats just a set screw brake, the gun has still been modified into a non importable configuration...

And even if that furniture was US made, like Ironwood, you would need to replace the FCG with a US one like vjor suggested.

Nice work G but I would be more worried about Federal Law than Kali law.

Ummm...Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that in violation of 922R to have foreign furniture and a threaded muzzle without having used enough US made compliance parts? :unsure: Even if thats just a set screw brake, the gun has still been modified into a non importable configuration...

And even if that furniture was US made, like Ironwood, you would need to replace the FCG with a US one like vjor suggested.

its still a sporter config,original FCG no PG & no hi caps. how is that violating 922r

its still a sporter config,original FCG no PG & no hi caps. how is that violating 922r

Not trying to burst your bubble bro.

Like I said, if I'm wrong and someone can prove it, then please correct me. Otherwise, the way I read it, if you take an imported Kalashnikov weapon and change any of the parts on the gun that are on the ATF list of "evil" parts, you must change enough of them to bring the weapon back into compliance. If you change ANY of these parts, that constitutes "ASSEMBLY", and that's a no no unless done by the book.

Muzzle brake or not, that rifle is not importable with an AK gas tube and AK furniture.

Not trying to burst your bubble bro.

Like I said, if I'm wrong and someone can prove it, then please correct me. Otherwise, the way I read it, if you take an imported Kalashnikov weapon and change any of the parts on the gun that are on the ATF list of "evil" parts, you must change enough of them to bring the weapon back into compliance. If you change ANY of these parts, that constitutes "ASSEMBLY", and that's a no no unless done by the book.

Muzzle brake or not, that rifle is not importable with an AK gas tube and AK furniture.

Thanks cobra I appreciate it, after careful analysis and review of 922r and your replies I think you may be right. Which leaves me in a pickle. Living in Kali I cant have a PG unless I bolt the mag in (not very useful) So the only way is to do a full conversion minus the pg. and in that case I dont know how I could reach the trigger from the stock.

I am ordering a full set of wood Furniture from BattleRifle that should give me 3 parts?(or 2) and then change out the pistion for 4(or 3) US . Would this do it? or would I have to change out the FCG as well. And what about using MasterMolder Mags (do they come in 10rds) or changing out my basepaltes and followers in my Saiga.

Either way if I learned anything from this site , that is to stay in compliance!