Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Nismobishi, that's the nicest Romanian furniture i've ever seen. Also, can you tell me how those 10/30 mags are blocked? I'm sure they can be converted back to full capacity with a little effort.

well there are many threads about this and some believe it is ok and some dont. i personally have mine blocked by a large rivet in the rear seam of the housing and a small rivet in the side between the indented verticle lines. i feel comfortable with their sturdyness as i have tested one mag by sliding down the follower with a chisel and baning it against the rivets with a hammer, they did not budge. if you wanted to you could weld over the rivets and if you want to go even further you can weld the floor plate shut too. thanks for the wood comment, i thought i would get knocked for using romy wood on a saiga;)

Edited by nismobishi

aimpoint arrived..

saiga1.png

saiga4.png

saiga9.png

saiga6.png

saiga7.png

saiga8.png

saiga2.png

dont plan on keeping the laser.. will replace with a flashlight, just threw it on to see how it felt there... LOOKS front heavy but feels fine.. i really like that i still have %100 useable iron sites..

Saiga 7.62 X 39

Ace Stock

Ace Mounting Block

Tapco SAW Pistol Grip

Surefire Magazines

Tapco FCG

AK Retainer Plate

Ultimak Gas Tube

Ultimak Tri Rail

Ultimak Extra Wide 30 mm Picatinny Ring

Aimpoint comp m3

Edited by DamagedWorld

This is the latest configuration of my third Saiga 7.62.

I have come a long way from being afraid to drill the rivets out to start a conversion. Now I am pretty comfortable doing anything I have the tools for, like replacing the FSB so I could add the bayonet and muzzle brake.

All I want to do now is DuraCoat or blue (depends on what it is) the areas that still need coverage.

I really like the look so far.

louielouie

post-5881-1232992729_thumb.jpg

Remember me from page 13?

Saigaconv.jpg

I am 99% done, just gotta get some pre-ban AK mags and mod it to use them.

Thanks to :

Dinzag - for supplying the parts I needed for this conversion and being extremely, extremely helpful and friendly. Dinzag runs a top-notch business and this conversion was possible because of him. YOU RULE, DINZAG!

nalioth - for so much advice, encouragement and some hardware

22 Shooter - for accepting my request that he back me up should I need it, and for his words of encouragement

Kwitag on IRC - for a link to oodles of pre-94 mags

ernestmayhand on Saiga-12 forums, rjs3484 on YouTube and the author of the conversion article on Cross-Conn, for their conversion information.

And a big FUCK YOU to the state of New York, my rifle conforms to your pathetic Unconstitutional laws and I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

Edited by Big Boss
And a big FUCK YOU to the state of New York, my rifle conforms to your pathetic Unconstitutional laws and I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

That's it man let it out don't hold back.

Not making fun of you just agreeing with you.

it's crazy out there

Big boss , where abouts in NY are you? The hardest part is finding people who will ship pre ban mags to the state .. :-o

I was at the gun show this past weekend and people were asking $45 a mag and then across the hall one had them for 17$ . lol.

Big boss , where abouts in NY are you? The hardest part is finding people who will ship pre ban mags to the state .. :-o

I was at the gun show this past weekend and people were asking $45 a mag and then across the hall one had them for 17$ . lol.

Ontario county. There are several sites I have found that ship steel AK magazines to NY (since steel mags are pre-ban, even the ones called "new production")

http://www.44mag.com

http://www.jgsales.com

http://whatacountry.com/ak-47.aspx

Greeting all,

Please welcome our most recent US citizen. Alex was sworn in an hour or so ago. He wanted to thank the fine folks at Mississippi Auto Arms Inc. for helping with his citizenship. He will be staying with me until his services are no longer required :smoke:

post-15618-1233205120_thumb.jpg

post-15618-1233380769_thumb.jpg

post-15618-1233380356_thumb.jpg

post-15618-1233380184_thumb.jpg

post-15618-1233380534_thumb.jpg

:up:

Edited by Teaser

Ontario county. There are several sites I have found that ship steel AK magazines to NY (since steel mags are pre-ban, even the ones called "new production")

http://www.44mag.com

http://www.jgsales.com

http://whatacountry.com/ak-47.aspx

Check this thread. I gave links to Copes, who will sell/ship prebans to NY. I ordered a bunch. Some 20 rounders, some 30 rounders.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=34271

Remember me from page 13?

Saigaconv.jpg

I am 99% done, just gotta get some pre-ban AK mags and mod it to use them.

Thanks to :

Dinzag - for supplying the parts I needed for this conversion and being extremely, extremely helpful and friendly. Dinzag runs a top-notch business and this conversion was possible because of him. YOU RULE, DINZAG!

nalioth - for so much advice, encouragement and some hardware

22 Shooter - for accepting my request that he back me up should I need it, and for his words of encouragement

Kwitag on IRC - for a link to oodles of pre-94 mags

ernestmayhand on Saiga-12 forums, rjs3484 on YouTube and the author of the conversion article on Cross-Conn, for their conversion information.

I guess I missed this the last time I posted in here.

Looks good! See, it wasn't as hard as you thought it was going to be, right? :D

Couple pics of my latest project

Very nice Jammer. Very nice. :bad_smile:

Can you setup to fold to the left?

Never tried to do it. I have all my saigas setup to fold right that have scopes on them.

I setup to fold left so I can shoot folded. The scope mount is not in the way when folded left. You would have to open stock to remove mount.

Couple pics of my latest project

is that an ace internal block?

if so where did you get it? im going nuts looking for it?

Yep that's an internal. I ordered them direct from ACE in Dec. and received them middle of January. Came from a partial batch they received.

DSCF0003.jpg

Its got a Tapco trigger group and gas piston, Pro-Mag 30 rounder.

I plan to add a gaili style charging handle later, maybe a bullet trunion so i can use military mags. Only thing I am NOT happy with is the front sling piece. It doesnt seem to want to stay in its factory holes and falls out alot.

Anyone got suggestions on what I can replace it with while maintaining the current stock foregrip? (i plan to replace it later with wood but thats a ways off with the current budget)

003-7.jpg

004-9.jpg

Tapco G2 FCG

K-var butt stocks

Tapco Galil hand guards

Monster man grips

Mags I got a long time ago, I don't remember where they're from

Brownells aluma hyde finish on both guns

These are my twins. Yes I am in California.......no I have not broken any laws.........yes these are 100% LEGAL............I don't hear the sky falling yet...........

Edited by SJgunguy24