Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

The Evil Antelope Part II

Nothing fancy, just a basic conversion. Will post more pics after FSB/brake upgrade.

gallery_12679_242_4995.jpg

gallery_12679_242_296888.jpg

Regards,

Sapper

Here it is almost finished. (Still have to refinish the AK-74 FSB and muzzle brake.)

20438_103782586308476_100000302059157_106126_6883065_n.jpg

20438_103782582975143_100000302059157_106125_3137022_n.jpg

Regards,

Sapper

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Got bored again (rain and shit).. using a rest at the range for scope testing required the handguard to be 'flatish' on the bottom and the wood 'DONKEYGRIP' handguard I had on was taller than my rest.

Anyone whom likes BLACK guns enjoy.. And yes I para-corded the Bulgy (simulated RGP industries) Stock myself and I did the reddish/brown with RID dye a few months back.

post-8775-12686053648119_thumb.jpg

Edited by YWHIC - AccessoryArms

I'm done.. After a year of playing with different things.. Keeping it simple and sturdy...

Removed the cover/shield on the factory gas tube.. Replaced factory dust cover with Romanian ribbed type..

Painted both and baked abit (15 mins) with Rustoleum (textured) black paint was most close match thus far.

Added the FIXED 4x30 scope and can do SMALL groups all day with it.. 022.gif

(have Bushnell Trophy RD sitting here on separate mount also for this)

post-8775-1269187451769_thumb.jpg

post-8775-12691874677426_thumb.jpg

post-8775-12691874599028_thumb.jpg

Finally got the basics done. Plan on adding a Tapco handguard soon. I love the Tapco M4 style muzzle break. These are pictures of my first shoot since the conversion. Hope you like them :chris:

post-14261-12694760444961_thumb.jpg

post-14261-12694760562034_thumb.jpg

post-14261-12694760670101_thumb.jpg

post-14261-1269476082808_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chasser

looks real nice ^^^ i like it

Thanks!

I converted it myself and have put a lot of time a money into it. In the end, it was worth it though.

Eric

the wood looks great im dong mine the exact same way, im almost done with my conversion all thats left is to install the handguard retainer and wait for the metal spring to come in that holds the upper handguard on the gas tube. is that a laminated stock you have?

No, it's actually Ironwood Designs furniture. It's been so long since I bought it I can't remember what it is exactly, but I'm pretty sure I went for hard maple. After a few other finishes, I ended up using the Rit fabric dye method. I think it turned out ok though.

Eric

Thanks!

I converted it myself and have put a lot of time a money into it. In the end, it was worth it though.

Eric

the wood looks great im dong mine the exact same way, im almost done with my conversion all thats left is to install the handguard retainer and wait for the metal spring to come in that holds the upper handguard on the gas tube. is that a laminated stock you have?

No, it's actually Ironwood Designs furniture. It's been so long since I bought it I can't remember what it is exactly, but I'm pretty sure I went for hard maple. After a few other finishes, I ended up using the Rit fabric dye method. I think it turned out ok though.

Eric

yo Eric are you also on the ak files forum? im the one that shipping you the 38 special ammo right?

Thanks!

Eric

Eric

yo Eric are you also on the ak files forum? im the one that shipping you the 38 special ammo right?

Yea, thats me! Small world isn't it?

Eric

This is my conversion thus far. I reused the original trigger guard. I added a Tapco G2 single hook trigger group. The Tapco retaining plate, also I added a Hogue overmolded AK grip, and the internal receiver stock adapter. The stock adapter has a 3 degree variant to keep the stock inline with the barrel instead of angled down. I will be adding a DPH skeleton stock possible with a folding mechanism and many more goodies I will post as I update the rifle. Also I added a Dinzag Arms flat bullet guide so that I can use stock AK mags with just a slight modification.

post-24074-12701503015038_thumb.jpg

post-24074-12701502673668_thumb.jpg

Crappy cell phone pics of my ongoing conversion progress. Just added the Surefire tri-rail, ram stg trigger guard and tapco vertical grip. Refinished the underside of the receiver with duplicolor matte black primer and low gloss engine enamel and let it sit for a week before reassembling everything. Still not sure what I want to do about the holes in the receiver. Considering welding them or just drilling the receiver block and threading it like the newer saiga ace blocks come... also going to add an ace folding mechanism, quick detach side mount and a flashlight mounted on the handguard rails... perhaps an ultimak gas tube later on.

The Surefire tri-rail doesnt fit as snug as i'd like it to, especially for the price, but it's built very solid and it'll work for now... might add some kind of spacer between the barrel and grip to keep it snug...

Been making changes to it little by little as money permits, but I think i'm happy with how it is right now, other than a scope. The vertical grip makes such a huge difference in how the rifle feels in your hands.. much more comfortable. :super:

I also plan on threading the barrel down at a friend's shop soon...

I've got around 25 or so 30rd mags, but the cheap Master Molder was the closest one laying there when I took the pics. Better pics to come...

post-7122-12701530959496_thumb.jpeg

post-7122-12701531089326_thumb.jpeg

Edited by KC913