Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

My 7.62x39 16.3 in., of course... Put the POSP 6x42 D Rifle Scope w/ Independent Focus and 400 Meter Rangefinder, AK Version. Not a problem to hit pigeons at 100 yds. Also put the Izhmash factory wood furniture on her. I like to keep it simple, it's such a beautiful rifle.

60405146.jpg

damn she looks really good just like that! perfect!

I like that a lot. I've kept mine stock but sure do like the wood furniture over the plastic. I use mine as a truck gun so have no need for optics, but if I did I would consider taking the FSB off.

upgraded (a couple times) since post #462

7_edited-1.jpg?t=1294438541:

NMO, I really like your setup. It's functional but clean. Would you be able to list the parts on the rifle?

Thanks for the complement.

Clean and functional (quick acquisition/stay on target) was the objective. Currently I am debating a Krebs peep rear sight blade with XS line or big dot front sight.

Here is the parts list starting from the back:

-AK Stock Recoil Pad

-K-Var Warsaw Stock

-Russian Surplus Sling

-Plastic Hole Plugs

-Hogue Grip

-Grip Nut

-Tapco G2 FCG

-JTE Performance Power Mainspring

-FCG Retaining Plate

-Bulgarian Surplus Mag

-Bullet Guide

-Tapco Gas Piston

-Small Ergo Rail

-AR10 Crush Washer

-Primary Weapons FSC47 Compensator

How it the Performance Power Mainspring?

So far so good...however I have run only a few hundred rounds since putting it in. Does seem smoother and a little lighter.

Right after I installed it I experienced one hard primmer (Wolf Black Box) that didn't go off on the first try...loaded it back in and it went off. To be honest that was the first (and only) no bang in approximately 2K through that rifle.

When I was doing the 5.45 I left the factory spring in because I'm running surplus spam can ammo and didn't want to risk it.

Edited by NM0

How it the Performance Power Mainspring?

So far so good...however I have run only a few hundred rounds since putting it in. Does seem smoother and a little lighter.

Right after I installed it I experienced one hard primmer (Wolf Black Box) that didn't go off on the first try...loaded it back in and it went off. To be honest that is the first (and only) no bang in approximately 2K through that rifle.

When I was doing the 5.45 I left the factory spring in because I'm running surplus spam can ammo and didn't want to risk it.

Wow! Good stuff!! I'm still using the factory spring, and haven't had an issue yet. I've been curious to know about the Performance Power ones, but it seems it's working great for you!

Hi, I'm new to the forums and just recently got a Saiga. Here it is; all that I have that is not stock is the railed forearm (self installed) and a 20 round Surefire mag. I plan on adding a pistol grip+retractable stock, just not sure if I want to convert it or not. I probably will install a bullet guide no matter what, though.

IZ-132.png

I'm loving my new East German wire folder

gallery_27336_552_590405.jpg

Looks good. How long did it take you install it?

Thanks, the stock took about 2 1/2 hours to install do to terrible directions

Ouch :(

Looks like you managed to get it done though!!

That mag looks great for a polish surplus.

Yeah the mag was unissued new old stock. I could not find the Polish circle 11 stamp on the mags back rib, but its definitely a high quality military issue mag

That's interesting, how much did that mag set you back?

That mag looks great for a polish surplus.

Yeah the mag was unissued new old stock. I could not find the Polish circle 11 stamp on the mags back rib, but its definitely a high quality military issue mag

That's interesting, how much did that mag set you back?

The mag was $14

How do they compare to the yugo mags?

My latest iteration.

post-25233-0-34783600-1295298097_thumb.jpg

Interesting color-scheme, but it looks good!

Yeah it was that color when I got it, I might redo it later.

I'm going to pick up another cheap WASR in the future, and try a red/blue tiger stripe deal. Or maybe just red or blue tiger stripes as opposed to both colors.

I'm going to pick up another cheap WASR in the future, and try a red/blue tiger stripe deal. Or maybe just red or blue tiger stripes as opposed to both colors.

That would look wicked :super:

That's my intention!! I just haven't found a good specimen yet.