Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Very nice baraban :super: What manufacturer of the wood furniture did you go with?

i got the furniture from gunbroker, it came with a sling too, but they guy did not know who made it, i believe its Romanian i will put on Russian red wood on soon (already coming in mail from Ukraine) to make it look really authentic

Nothing fancy but here you go:

P1000484.jpg

And what my Saiga 7.62x39 does to old computer hardware :)

P1000494.jpg

Since this picture I've added a skeleton stock and a few gut changes to make it 922 compliant. The magazine is a Surefire 30rd from GilbertsGuns.com

-PK

What bipod are you using? And how did you attach it?

Red Jacket ZK-MR (Short-Barrel Rifle) with short gas-piston system.

ZK-MRSBR.jpg

ZK-MRSBR2.jpg

P.S.

The SBR is for sell...see the WTS section if your interested.:angel:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/65132-wtt-red-jacket-ak-sbr-in-nc/

Thanks,

MCASSgt New River

Here is my recent 7.62 restoration....K-Var warsaw stock, CSS Billet trigger guard, G2 Trigger group, Dinzag bullet guide, Tapco pistol grip and handguard, Mako vertical grip.....optics are next :killer:

Jeff (teet)

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

saigaacrange.jpg

I'm loving this pic ! What's the side rails on that weapon ?

Thank You!

the Rail system is Ultimak...

Here is a complete modifications list..

saiga.jpg

Saiga 7.62x39

Ace Internal Block

Ace Stock

Hogue Pistol Grip

Tapco FCG

Surefire Magazine (15rd I live in NJ)

Ultimak Hand Guard

Magpul AFG

Viking Tactics G2 Light Mount

Surefire G2

Viking Tactics Low Profile Swivel Mount With Quick Release

Ultimak Gas Tube

Aimpoint H1

finally got mine where i can use it. still want to replace the front handguard, but with the problems i had trying to convert thus far, i might hold off. just took it to the range, put 60 rounds thru it to test if it was fire-ready. trigger reset problem tho, and im searching on here and everywhere else to find a solution. but what do yall think so far? i had the stock collapsable, but i cant get the screws that i had to buy to keep the thing in place with the nuts. tried using lock-tight with the nuts, it made no difference. kept wiggling lose, and this is BEFORE i took it to the range. so for now im just set stock.

post-32330-0-70504100-1301683884_thumb.jpg

finally got mine where i can use it. still want to replace the front handguard, but with the problems i had trying to convert thus far, i might hold off. just took it to the range, put 60 rounds thru it to test if it was fire-ready. trigger reset problem tho, and im searching on here and everywhere else to find a solution. but what do yall think so far? i had the stock collapsable, but i cant get the screws that i had to buy to keep the thing in place with the nuts. tried using lock-tight with the nuts, it made no difference. kept wiggling lose, and this is BEFORE i took it to the range. so for now im just set stock.

Looking good, please post the issue with the folder in the main ak section. Someone will help.

• Like 1

DSC05719.jpg

Dude this is awesome. Very good use of a stock nobody else seems to want anymore (everyone seems to be ditching it for the black folding/collapsable stuff). Also great use for a 20" barrel. Where'd you get the lower handguard though?