Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Yep, rattle can. Green is OD krylon, supposedly to camo anything and everything. Black is BBQ grill paint. I used the black for a primer too. I doubt it'll hold up to cleanings, but I had to paint the trigger area, so I went a little crazy. Maybe it'll hold up for a bit till I can get it coated properly.

I'm kinda proud of how I was able to break up the lines of the form, that's what I think camos main purpose being. Glad you like it. Thanks.

I just finished it tonight, my Saiga 9-two-two.big_smile.gif

Thanks CSS, for fast service.

What stock is that? I like it a lot.

Red Jacket Firearms Aluminum Skeleton Stock.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1166/Red-Jacket-Sons-Of/Detail

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. How do you like the Texas weapons systems? What furniture you using

I really like the TWS TopRail. Its very solid.

I usually have a TRS25 RedDot installed that cowitness with my irons sights. It works very well.

@$180 its an expensive piece, but with the way it functions I have no regrets at all.

The wood is just surplus ak74 that I stripped clean & stained

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice. How do you like the Texas weapons systems? What furniture you using

I really like the TWS TopRail. Its very solid.

I usually have a TRS25 RedDot installed that cowitness with my irons sights. It works very well.

@$180 its an expensive piece, but with the way it functions I have no regrets at all.

The wood is just surplus ak74 that I stripped clean & stained

Love the color of this stain. What was it?

Finished the conversion a few months back and just got the new Chaos rail installed.

Pretty much what mine looks like now. I really like the forearm from Chaos. How do you like the front grip? I was thinking of the same one.

I haven't gotten to spend much time shooting it yet, but so far I like the grip a lot better than the stock handguard. IMO, it also feels more natural than a vfg. Just FYI, it will cover both holes on the bottom if that makes any difference to you.

were you able to get that front "retainer" to stay on okay?

Yeah, I haven't had any issues with it. My barrel has the handguard notches, which really helps it lock in securely.

ah, that must make a big difference I'm sure. cool! I had to ditch mine for lack of wanting to "make it work." hehe

Yeah, I haven't had any issues with it. My barrel has the handguard notches, which really helps it lock in securely.

did you put the notch it needed for the crossbolt?

The Chaos retainer doesn't need a notch for the crossbolt because it doesn't have one. Here is a better picture of what it looks like.

post-35596-0-80713700-1320959786_thumb.jpg

The Chaos retainer doesn't need a notch for the crossbolt because it doesn't have one. Here is a better picture of what it looks like.

thats a cool looking retainer. first time to see it. very different than what i expected. thanks for the pic?

I just finished my saiga 7.62x39 yesterday. The conversion was done with some spare parts i had laying around. The stock set and gas tube came from a friend of mine and the i had to order the bullet guide and hand guard retainer from CSS.

post-32279-0-71926600-1321220560_thumb.jpg

Edited by dayofruin
  • Like 1