Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

I still have to do the front end, but it is slowly coming along.

7cc8eb65-bf21-4a11-b85c-b98e1a9939c3_zps

Thats nice! smile.png

Thanks.

I love Russian wood, and your rifles kind of pushed me over the edge to shelling out for a set. The grip is Romanian, so that still needs fixed, but overall I'm happy.

gallery_33171_687_571498.jpg

gallery_33171_687_566348.jpg

After two years and numerous re-inventions of my x39 I think I'm getting close to having it like I want it.

I love it. If I get another Saiga I plan on doing it almost exactly like this.

Edited by Person

An AKM grip,slant muzzle brake and an Izhmash Bakelite mag and you've cracked it! :)

Post some more pics as it progresses

Edit....saying that the Romanian grip looks like a Soviet AKM one anyway :)

Edited by UKAK

I still have to do the front end, but it is slowly coming along.

7cc8eb65-bf21-4a11-b85c-b98e1a9939c3_zps

Thats nice! smile.png

Thanks.

I love Russian wood, and your rifles kind of pushed me over the edge to shelling out for a set. The grip is Romanian, so that still needs fixed, but overall I'm happy.

gallery_33171_687_571498.jpg

gallery_33171_687_566348.jpg

After two years and numerous re-inventions of my x39 I think I'm getting close to having it like I want it.

I love it. If I get another Saiga I plan on doing it almost exactly like this.

Ok, that scope just looks wrong on that. Look how far back the eyepiece is? Is that even remotely normal? Or is it designed to be pushed way forward during cheekweld.

It looks wrong to me too, the whole scope should be further forward.It could be that particular scope has a SVD style mount,which could make it sit too far back on an AK siderail.I had a POSP 8x42 on my AK and that wasn't as far back as the 4x24 in the above photo.

It looks wrong to me too, the whole scope should be further forward.It could be that particular scope has a SVD style mount,which could make it sit too far back on an AK siderail.I had a POSP 8x42 on my AK and that wasn't as far back as the 4x24 in the above photo.

The optic position is a bit of an illusion with the rubber eye piece and the short 8 1/2" Beryl stock. It is more functional than it looks. The optic placement allows a good cheek weld for irons and a chin weld for use of the optic. Eye relief is good, but a head up position is required. Prone isn't doable. Accuracy with this set up only slightly lags same rifle and optic when I had a standard stock on it.

The Beryl stock isn't the best option for a rifle that is going to be used primarily with an optic attached unless you go with a top rail system like the Beryl rifle was intended to have.

The optic itself is a PSO that imported with a Tigr and has the universal mount.

Also with an AK recoil pad added to the end of the Beryl folder you can get a cheek weld standing, sitting, squatting, and shoot prone.

Edited by Jaba1017

Wait, you can't use that scope from the prone position?

An 8 1/2 inch stock paired with a PSO/POSP optic in prone position really forces you pull your head back to get proper eye relief. Can you do it? Yea. Is it something you're going to want to be on the ground doing for awhile. No. But individual mileage might vary, for some else there may be no problem.

Saiga_800x371.jpg

Parts are kinda hard to get hold of here so you've got to make do with what you can get.

ATI railed handguard and pistol grip

Midwest Industries rear sight H1 mount

Aimpoint 4 MOA H1

Krebbs safety selector

Viking Tactics mount for the Surefire E2D LED.

KBK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Member and First Post. Here is my work in progress. The buttstock has a light colored splotch in the middle that I can't successfully stain. Any possible ideas?

Hello and welcome :)

It looks nice to me, i would leave the buttstock as it is, the light patch is unique :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...