• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-1/2" evlblksbs  

In its final form:  

My daughter does modeling and she did a shoot this week with firearms. I let her borrow my Saiga.  

Posted Images

Cheek weld was too high with the ar stock adapter to use irons and Dinzag is out of his RSB so i decided to take a different direction. 

Before:

SDC16468_zpsv39kyzru.jpg

Now, almost done :

cf72bde0-e02a-4ffd-b1dd-0c9ef847b930_zps

Specs:

2013 Saiga 12 18.5" barrel  

4 ports all different sizes

TiN gas puck

Ak Builder trigger guard, selector stop, and grip plate

Magpul Moe AK stock, grip and M-Lok MVG

Russian grip nut

CSS FCG reatiner late

U.S mag spring

Arsenal hammer and sear

Rewelded oem trigger 

Need:

FCG to be replaced with ALG AK trigger to be able to use all mags.

Dinzag RSB and Elevated Front Sight

• Like 2

Here's my newest addition to the family.

Mini Monster muzzle break

Tac 47 auto plug

Magpul AFG

Chaos Titan quad rail

Chaos HK front & rear sights

Recoil buffer

Saiga 12 trigger kit

JTE hammer spring

Performance recoil spring

Barrel nut

Ace skeleton stock

Axis pin retaining plate

Bolt hold open lever

Ex mag release

Gas piston performance puc

Ati scorpion grip

Bone steel folding stock hinge

3 sgm 12rders

2 agp 10rders

post-50582-0-31504400-1439432932_thumb.jpg

post-50582-0-92889800-1439433004_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uncle Tupelo
  • Like 2

Small update:

Got the ALG AK trigger in and took a good amount of modification to fit. The hump on the hammer had to be milled down to clear the ejector block (like most tapco hammers) and the trigger hook was too tall which kept the carrier from cycling so it also had to be milled down a bit.

When everything was said and done the trigger pull was rediculously light. Sub 3lbs with a well worn hammer spring is WAY too light for my taste so its not going to be used.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a lot of nice rigs... I finally converted my IZ-107... Just simple. Hogue grip, CSS guard, Tapco G2 FCG and stock, SGM forearm, a rabbit killer tac light, polychoke.

Can't wait to kill some more clays with the new grip.

post-34800-0-41918100-1446792617_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shankspony
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

It might look that way but, trust me, I can barely feel it!!!  Kynshot says it absorbs up to 80% of FELT (not visible) recoil and I would have to agree with them!

I've put more than $2200 into my Saiga-12 and this damper is the best investment yet.

IT WORKS!!!!

Alan

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Brandonbq, Are you pushing in the detent at the same time you're trying to turn the regulator?

Yes I am, Tried turning with a quarter with vice grips, just bent the quarter all to hell, the detent is easy enough to press.  I let the regulator soak in oil over night.  No change this morning. 

Thanks for the help!

OK. This isn't the topic for this.

Do you have the factory tools that came with your S12? There is a wrench looking tool (flat with a "box end"). Use this tool long ways, across the slots of the regulator to push in the detent and rotate the regulator at the same time. The wrench should contact both slots on either side of the regulator and the end of it should be pushing the detent in at the same time, then turn counter clockwise.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Suggestions for photographing firearms....

1. Use a darker non reflective background.  A light colored background reflects light which washes out the detail on your dark colored firearm.

2. Use a plain background, A background with patterns, shapes, images or lines is too busy and draws the eye away from the subject. It is hard to look at for very long.

3. Use your photo storage service (like photobucket etc) to crop, and edit your photos. This will help you eliminate large spaces in the background and focus attention on the firearm. It also allows you to adjust brightness, color, contrast, shadows, and orientation etc.

4.  Guns (particularly long guns) should be oriented horizontal and not at an angle or vertical. Flag poles look normal vertically, guns not so much. Horizontal orientation allows you to crop the photo lengthwise which eliminates unneeded space on the top and bottom and brings the firearm up front and center instead of a large background with a small firearm.

5. Guns should be oriented top up and not upside down. It might seem artistic to show a gun upside down and/or at an angle but people are oriented right side up and automatically try to correct and reorient the photo in their brains.

Here is one example.....

aksbydavid has a pretty good photo of his S12. It can be cropped so the floor can be used to frame it. The color, contrast etc can be adjusted to sharpen and enhance it's features.

04dd4718-d03b-4213-88bc-48dffa17a46c_zps

Edited by mac66