• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-1/2" evlblksbs  

In its final form:  

My daughter does modeling and she did a shoot this week with firearms. I let her borrow my Saiga.  

Posted Images

post-13702-1228887894_thumb.jpgHeres my new saiga, stock with a 10 round clip. I'm waiting till I have at least 5 US parts from the list before I do the full conversion. Which will include a Tapco G6 pistol grip, Chaos Quad Rail, foregrip, MD 20 round drum, new gas piston, Chaos quick clean, & a shark break for starters. Still need to pick a good tac sling and decide if I want to go with kerbs Ghost rings or a red dot. I'll post another pic after it's fully converted. :dollar:

Here's my first conversion.

Tapco M4 collapsible stock/PG. Made to work with stock Saigas. Bought it before reading up on 922r, decided to convert and made the stock and PG work with the conversion.

Tapco G2 FCG that I took the grinder to.

BHO mod for pin retainer plate.

Stock cut down trigger guard and selector safety stop.

Dual rail side mount with cheapo holo dot (picking up my red dot at the post office today).

$15 cheaperthandirt rail and fore end pistol grip. Took the foregrip to my redneck mill (belt sander) to level the bottom for rail installation.

Keeping the barrel length where it is, because it's my main quail gun. All in all, probably $150 in parts and 5 hours of grinding, painting and drilling. I'm happy with how it turned out. :)

Russ

post-8973-1229361120_thumb.jpg

post-8973-1229361991_thumb.jpg

Well I guess I'm pretty much done with the conversion.

I want to thank Nathan and the guys at Mississippi Auto Arms for making the project possible.

I welded on the rear receiver plate to accept the sturdy fixed skeleton butt stock. Installed the fire control group. I applied locktite on the trigger guard screws.... as well as welded the trigger guard to the receiver. I wanted a solid foundation for the pistol grip which will take some abuse. I also added a larger flat washer to ensure a solid strong mount for the grip. I did not see the need to pay the big bucks for the Galil forward handguard.... it felt too bulky and unnatural in my grip. So I maintained the original slender forward furniture and cut my own four cooling slots to each side ot it. Also added was the slotted muzzle. I had thought I wanted the raised AK style front sight, but I think I like the current look of the weapon, and after shooting it several times.... the Tru-Glo optic sight I installed works like a charm in all light settings. I then finished the look off with a digital camo paint job on the weapon and six magizines.

post-12435-1229385844_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hawker

BEFORE I CONVERT IT TO A TOTAL CHAOS SET UP WAITING ON PARTS TO BE SHIPED TO ME. I GOT THE QUAD RAIL,FORGRIP,PORKYPINE,WAVE BREAK,GASPUCK,AND CLEANOUT. I WILL POST MORE PICKS WHEN I GET IT DONE. ALSO, I ORDERED THE MD ARMS 20 ROUND DRUM. SHOULD BE A SICK SET UP.

post-14486-1229837934_thumb.jpg

post-14486-1229837972.jpg

post-14486-1229837992.jpg

post-14486-1229838027.jpg

post-14486-1229838049_thumb.jpg

post-14486-1229838772.jpg

post-14486-1229838790.jpg

post-14486-1229838809_thumb.jpg

post-14486-1229838825.jpg

Edited by rebeljdog

Seats 6, arms 8.

103email.jpg

Counter clockwise starting from top:

Mossberg 500 w/ the top folder, Tromix Saiga 12 factory length 19" w/ the Ace folder Krebs ghost rings MD20 Izhmash picatinny foreend, .50 Desert Eagle with the Hogue grips, Russian SKS with a cheap ass scope and 20 round Tapco duckbill mag, new unfired Chinese SKS-M with the 40 round Hungarian, another SKS-M with the Tapco T-6 stock modded to accept 75 round drum and with the cheese grater upper handguard, Saiga 7.62 with the 30 round Surefire, Glock 26 with the G18 mag.

• Like 2

PolyChoke

SGM Tri-Rail, Chopped down

Cobra vented upper HG

Chaos Gas Piston

Chaos QC

Tapco G2 trigger group

Tromix DIY trigger guard

AGP 10 rnd Mag

Kobra Red dot

Silent Sling

Cheapie LED flashlight

Picany sling swivel

Green Blackjack Buffer

Bulgarian Thumbhole Stock

Ground down Bulgarian Saftey lever(to allow saftey to be activated with bolt to the rear)

Still waiting for my krebs sights...

saiga3.jpg

saigas2.jpg

Edited by Nailbomb

The Berm Killer!

P1030885.jpgP1030887.jpgP1030877.jpgP1030886.jpg

- Tromix DYI Trigger Guard

- Tapco FCG

- Tapco SAW Grip

- K-Var NATO Length Stock

- Tromix Modified and Vented Tapco Galil Handguard

- Cobra Mag Release Extension, TIG Welded

- Gunfixr Gas Knob

More parts and mods to come after the VISA stops smoking!

Just got my Saiga 12 in yesterday! 24" model with threaded barrel, polychoke II, gonna mainly be a Turkey gun, then some shooting fun. Have pistolgrip/buttstock coming in next week, and gas piston, trigger guard so i can be compliant. Also my other evil gun, ewbanks AK47. Small knife is a Boker Automatica Kalishnikov AK74, and bigger knife is a Gerber LMF-II model.

4.jpg

Here is my latest photo of Mod's..I am still waiting for my light,laser, 20rnd drum is coming too...then a few internal mods...this is a blast!! OK, so far I have added... All U.S.A parts...TAPCO stock and pistol grip,I then added the tri-rail fore arm, 5-position fore grip w/storage and pressure switch pads, Last night added the Poly choke, two 10round Pro Mags, More to come soon

post-15231-1233766753_thumb.jpg

post-15231-1233766766_thumb.jpg

post-15231-1233766776_thumb.jpg

post-15231-1233766789_thumb.jpg

Ivan's finally all tacti-cooled out, so I thought I'd post his pics.

I picked up a 200 lumen tac light and a green laser at a gun show last weekend, so that's pretty much it for 'im. :up:

DSC03478-R.jpg

DSC03479-R.jpg

I tried to catch the tac light doin' it's thing here:

DSC03480-R.jpg

and same for the laser:

DSC03481-R.jpg

• Like 1