• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-1/2" evlblksbs  

In its final form:  

My daughter does modeling and she did a shoot this week with firearms. I let her borrow my Saiga.  

Posted Images

9df5fa26-1.jpg?t=1291597564

Yours vs Theirs

You've the Tapco Intrafuse

He has the Tapco T6

Yours still has the shitty trigger linkage, i.e. the original trigger was moved back to conform to US import laws.

His has had the trigger moved back to its original placement, and replaced with a better FCG.

Yours has the PG sitting too far back, outta balance.

His has the PG in the original position, better balance.

SDC10004.jpg

First post... Stayed up late fitting my upper rail. I had to cut some off to accommodate my front sight on the gas tube. Polished hammer and bolt, cycled action about 200 times.. cleaned and re-polished. Drummel got a work out. ... I put in a lighter spring and a new puck + gas plug (low brass reliability kit)

I then fit my 20 round drum It was to WIDE... Then made sure all my mags fit.

At 3:30 I headed to the range...

I had to endure the cold.. It was WINDY and about 10 when I got to the range to test my new SAIGA-12.

I FROZE may hands but had a successful test. My fear was that the lighter spring would cause heavy loads of buck and slugs to bash the trunnion.

Test was successful. It would not eject high brass full power 2 3/4 buck at lowest setting so good to go with heavy loads. AND Federal bulk pack ripped through 20 rounds in the drum with ease.. and also ran flawless in my stick mags at full gassing on #5. biggrin.gif

Bushnell Trophy is temporary... Will put a smaller Red dot on.. It works but is to heavy. Mp5 sights work OK but I like the red dot ... or similar.

Saiga-12.jpg

%3Ca%20href=DSCF1317.jpg">

%3Ca%20href=DSCF1319.jpg">

Here is my Saiga 12...I know the couch is ugly.

My parts list:

All parts were purchased through Carolina Shooters Supply. Many thanks to Greg for a great selection and super fast shipping! 1. CSS Conversion Kit #2, consisting of the following parts :

Tromix FCG (Fire Control Group)

Carolina SS Trigger Guard Hole Plugs Tapco AK T-6 Collapsible Stock Tapco SAW Grip 2.UTG Saiga 12 Quad Rail 3. Modified Bolt Hold Open Lever 4. Axis Pin Retaining Plate 5. Leapers 1x30 Red/Green Dot Scope 6. Low Brass Reliability Kit (allows for easy cycling of value pack ammunition, ideal for economical recreational shooting) 7. Black HK Style Tactical Sling 8. Folding Vertical Foregrip 9. JT Engineering Extended Magazine Release 10. Phantom Flash Hider Door Breach

Edited by unearthlyevil

Well, the image quality isn't great. Forgot my DSLR at home. I did this quicky restoration while on a business trip in the hotel suite I'm staying in.

-CHAOS Warthog door breach/muzzle break

-UTG quad rail w/ short top rail

-MAGPUL AFG

-V PLUG

-TAPCO gas piston

-RAM S12XC extended mag release

-TAPCO G2 single hook trigger group

-SAIGA do it yourself bolt on trigger guard 2

-VEPR style Molot pistol grip

-Left over T6 collapsible stock from before restoration, sans saw grip

Still have some mods to add such as ACE Hammer buttstock, LEUPOLD Delta Point reflex sight (on order), tactical light of some sort (probably Surefire) and profiled/polished bolt & carrier. Ya know, just keeping it simple.

post-24101-0-69792100-1292547279_thumb.jpeg

After several months I finally finished My S12 build. I got busy with some rasps, files and sandpaper and came up with my own thumbhole stock (NY legal)since I couldn't find what suited me anywhere else. It's got a more conventional English sweep to the grip. Because I wanted the web of my thumb higher than the trigger to accommodate the grip I cut the rear of the reciever. Once I did that there was no backing away. Other parts added are the Tapco G2 TCG, GoGun Standard Twister Puck, Tromix DIY Trigger Guard, TRUGLO Tru-Bead fiber optic shotgun sight w/ interchangeable fibers, and because I had a SGM buttpad on hand I made the stock so that would fit. I've done all the bolt & bolt carrier reprofiling and drilled the three barrel ports to .0093 because they were .0072. It ROCKS!!!

post-23857-0-20050000-1293134848_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeoldetool
  • Like 2

In an attempt to curb questions concerning what rails I have; These are the UTG Pro Tac Rails made in the USA. Yes, I know that we're used to the UTG rails being made in a foreign land, but these particular ones are made here; so they're 922r compliant. I installed this set as a tri-rail, leaving off the top rail. I have no use for a top rail.

Those are Magpul Ladder Rail Covers. The light is a Streamlight Polytac LED. The light mount is from Viking Tactics. The vertical grip is a stubby model from Tapco.

Enjoy...

post-22535-0-97379300-1293265810_thumb.jpg

gallery_26721_601_1004593.jpggallery_26721_601_240716.jpg

After taking the gas block off for the second time in order to get better cycling with low brass the three gas ports got drilled out to 3/32 and the hole in the gas block was enlarged to allow for better gas delivery.

The Aimpoint is on the Saiga for now, when the chaos iron sights come in the Aimpoint may move to another rifle. The Lazer/light on the bottom of the rail may end up on another weapon as well.

All work done by me except fabrication of parts.

Ace folding stock

KA puck

MD Plug

Hogue Grip

Chaos Tri-rail

JTE Competition Brake #1

Tromix Modified tapco trigger group

Bolt On RAM trigger guard

Tapco VFG

TLR2

Aim-point R-1