Picture Post, Lets see your Saiga 12!

S12k magwell, auto lrbho, russian forearm, krebs fcg, Cobra's choke adapter, Comp-N-Choke full, Ultimak rail, CAA grip, old school Tony trigger guard riveted, MD arms adjustable gas plug, ace internal receiver block, Ace folder, it's wearing an Aimpoint M4 now though it did have that Trijicon, TLR1, Magpul vertical grip.

securedownload.jpg

Edited by docwade
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-1/2" evlblksbs  

In its final form:  

My daughter does modeling and she did a shoot this week with firearms. I let her borrow my Saiga.  

Posted Images

Here is mine. Got it about a month ago and have been makng some minor mods to it.

It is a basic conversion from the CSS kit #1. I've also added a MD V-plug and a recoil pad. Before modifying it, I took it out and fired a couple hundreds rounds through it in stock config with the five round mag. It functioned great with everything I shot except for walmart winchester universal bulk. It would FTE about half of the time with the win universal. While doing the conversion, I took the time to polish the bolt with very minimal metal removal profiling. It's still difficult to load a full mag on a closed bolt, but not near as much before. I am debating on profiling a little more and polishing or just sending it to Pauly to get it done perfectly. After I did the basic conversion and bolt polishing, without the v-plug and recoil pad installed yet as hadn't thought I needed it, I was able to fire the winchester universal wally world bulk without any FTEs. I have since installed the v-plug and recoil pad as shooting 3" 00 buck rapid fire with a 10 rnd AGP mag beat the shit out of my shoulder and it seems like it is battering the trunion. I'll be taking it out this weekend to try out the v-plug, but from what I've read on the forum this should only give me better tuning of the gas system.

Next mods I want to do is a Choas Titan rail and doctors optics or trijicon or?? I have a doctors optics on top of my ACOG on my M4 and like it.

This is a great forum of saiga knowledge and greatly appreciate it. The CSS videos on conversions made it a very easy process to get it done.

S12.jpg

Got mine in Oct 2010. Put over 1,000 rounds through it to break it in. Just converted yesterday. All parts from Carolina Shooters Supply:

1) T.A.R.G.E.T. Auto Plug - tuned this in during one session of over 200 rounds

2) Tromix extended bolt on handle

3) Conversion kit #2: Tapco stock, Tromix DIY trigger guard, Hogue grip upgrade - the Hogue grip rocks!

4) Bolt-hold-open kit - replacement plate which is notched to accommodate the safety lever.

5) Axis-pin retaining plate - The safety lever would not fit in when using this. The hole for the safety lever would not line up with the hole in the receiver. And there was not enough space to slide in the safety lever while the bolt-hold-open plate was tied into place with the front axis pin in place. So instead I used the sheperds crook axis pin retaining spring which came with the conversion kit.

6) Limb saver pad - really really works

post-27335-0-91415700-1298262206_thumb.jpg

Edited by ocalapete

Ive been trying different setups and I kindof like this one. It lets me use wood furnature which I like, and am able to now carry my cleaning kit in the stock. this might also work for the kvar polymer stock. I also might swap the forearm for the OEM wood one. And I need to refinish them both aswell.

post-24335-0-92041300-1298391361_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-32989000-1298391543_thumb.jpg

and here it is with the OEM wood forearm. Think ill keep it this way. after refinishing of course.

post-24335-0-60345400-1298404661_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-19081400-1298404856_thumb.jpg

Edited by AZG

This is how it sits now. The cleaning-rod is zip-tied to the Krebs FSB, and around the gas-block through the UTG tri-rail. The sling-swivel screw has been removed. With the 4 allen bolts lock-tight'ed and tightened sequentially the tri-rail(my terminology)(I know tecnically it's a quad) ain't comeing off. I can hold the thing verticle by the cleaning-rod with a full 20rd drum and it will not budge. Yes that means it is purley cosmetic. Yes I have to cut 4 zip-ties to remove it. But I have a Bore-snake on janiter duity so fuck-it.

2011-02-22_19-42-43_304.jpg

2011-02-22_19-41-49_643.jpg

I tend to use the Shurefire 12 rounder as a VFG, I put on griptape so I could really get ahold of the thing. The 2 strips on the bottem just cover up the spring and follower.

2011-02-25_17-13-14_676.jpg

2011-02-23_14-33-56_648.jpg

2010-09-18_17-06-03_180.jpg

2010-10-03_17-53-52_221.jpg

2010-10-03_17-55-45_217.jpg

2010-10-23_18-22-04_593.jpg

2010-10-22_22-54-30_462.jpg

And yeah that's header wrap.

It'd still be on there too, but I could not keep fiberglass from getting everywhere and shedding off onto my floor and clothing. That shit is itchey.

Hard to see, but I added grip tape to every recess on that MD20, it was very tedious and took about 3.5-4 hours to complete.

Single hook Tromix modified FCG- hammer and sear polished.

Polished bolt, bolt-carrier, and small dustcover. Bolt was also re-contoured.

Now this is a 24", 2-porter and was undergassed. I added a 3rd. All are now 3/32. Mucho gass now. Ejects perfectly.

JTE Full-power main-spring.

Tapco stock.

Houge pistol grip.

Extended mag-release.

Original MD-Arms Gas Plug.

UTG guad- used as a Tri.

Krebs FSB.

Vented Pollychoke.

Edited by saigaguy09
  • Like 1

post-26987-0-85695600-1300052050_thumb.jpg

Well I think I'm on to other projects for now. Will eventually re-finish the butt stock on this to match, but other than that I'm pretty happy with it as is.

Nothing special, just factory wood. Going to see how long it can go without a cleaning before a malfunction, currently at 1 box (100 rounds) without a slip up.

When I'm done shooting I just run the a bore snake through the barrel and call it a day.

Edited by brucey

mattssaiga12xxx.jpg

My first build, 2005. No frills, basic light-weight gun.

12.5" bbl, custom full length gas tube w/ 6-ports. Poly-Choke.

Side-scope mount removed. Importer/etc markings removed. All holes welded.

Custom ventilated heat sheild, custom adjustable gas plug, custum picatinny gas block for flashlight.

Custom paddle mag release, custom AR rear sight, HK front (copied from Tromix).

Custom extended mag-release axis pin doubling as safety lever stop.

Modified Tapco forend with Tromix retainer. ACE grip.

Custom DSA X-stock shortened and handbuilt mounting bracket. ACE folding mech. Tromix trigger parts.

Glass beaded, parkerized, & HK black enamel.

All internals polished. barrel throated. Custom extended ejector.

Eats anything you feed it.

Edited by Class2Matt

Factory Saiga 12 purchased Sept. 2010:

-Ace 7.5 stock

-Ace push button folder

-Tromix DIY trigger guard

-Tromix FCG

-Internal receiver block (drilled and tapped it for the Ace sling swivel)

-AK/Saiga interchangeable inserts grip

-Magpul AFG angled fore-grip

-CSS Tri-rail

-Carolina barrel shroud

-Gunfixers 4-way gas plug

-Blackhawk 1 point sling

-Cheap ass laser/light combo (borrowed from a nearby handgun)

I still want to add a para-cord wrap to the stock like Erik Taylor's in his 'My Saiga 12 from start to finish' tutorial, a Tromix bolt on charging handle, a bunch of 20 round drums, a real tac light, and maybe some H&K sights. This conversion was made very easy thanks to CSS and all of you very informative and knowledgeable forum contributors.

This is my first Saiga... I want MORE!!!

post-27239-0-98551400-1300173186_thumb.jpg

post-27239-0-82265700-1300173599_thumb.jpg

Just finished my conversion this past Monday:

SaigaConverted.jpg

Tromix Charging Handle, Tromix FCG, Tapco SAW Grip, CAA Polymer M4 Tube Stock, Mako GL-Shok Stock, Tapco Forearm, Tromix DIY Trigger Guard, Surefire Mag. Muzzle Attachment, which isn't really pictured, is a poly-choke with the breacher end.

This is my Saiga! There are many like it but this one is mine!