tromix bolt on oversize charging handle

CGW heavy duty op rod

drilled gas ports

rear trunnion buffer

gas tube cover

magpul AFG

fuglystick 6" rail

tromix HD firing pin

removal of snap on limbsaver and installation of grind to fit pad, but no fitting, just screwing it on and leaving it.

3" magnum slugs recoil like birdshot from my 870. birdshot recoils like a 20 gauge.

post-32606-0-30732000-1307649289_thumb.jpg

post-32606-0-21872600-1307649290_thumb.jpg

post-32606-0-18042300-1307649291_thumb.jpg

post-32606-0-29237700-1307649292_thumb.jpg

post-32606-0-36936900-1307649293_thumb.jpg

Edited by yooper14.5
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-1/2" evlblksbs  

In its final form:  

My daughter does modeling and she did a shoot this week with firearms. I let her borrow my Saiga.  

Posted Images

Nothing special as compared to some of the rigs here... But this one is mine. 000.gif

saiga.jpg

Completed the conversion three weeks ago.

This is the CSS conversion kit with a Tromix screw-in trigger guard, Tapco SAW grip, Ace stock & folder block/trunnion adaptor, and a Tromix modified Tapco G2 FCG.

I still want to do something about the sights, maybe HK style, and some kind of micro red-dot/reflex sight. CSS polychoke/flash hider, and maybe something with the fore end too.

Hey yall, I am new to posting on this site, I decided to stop being a forum stalker and join up!

I did this conversion a couple of weeks ago..

Saiga1.jpg

Mods: Krebs Custom safety lever, Tromix custom Tapco G2 FCG, JTE Performance Power Mainspring, custom mod dust cover, Tapco Intrafuse foregrip and T6 stock, Tapco shorty vertical grip, Tromix charging handle and Cobra Custom gas tube heat shield... Pretty sure that's all for now

Edited by socom688
  • Like 1

I've had my S-12 converted restored for ~2 yrs, but never posted any pics in this thread.

When I get some better (outdoor) pics, I'll post em. For now, here are a few recent ones, (had the barrel/brake and sight work done last fall by Lone Star Arms):

mk36.jpg

r16w.jpg

r15h.jpg

r17e.jpg

mk33.jpg

I might refinish that R-1, and replace the rear H&K drum.. but she's pretty "done" at this point. :smoke:

• Like 1

Post #744 Update:

The "Vepr-12 Molot" shotgun is made on the basis of the Kalashnikov light machine-gun (RPK), produced for the shells of 12/76 gauge.

"Short" Vepr-12 Molot VPO-205, (430 mm barrel) is a multi-purpose semi-auto shotgun, is painted by Duracoat /Ultra Flat Tactical Extreme Gray + 8-round magazine was painted EOTech FlatDark Earth.

"Middle" Vepr-12 Molot VPO-205-01 Custom Edition, (540 mm barrel)" shotgun is painted by /Matte black/White for .gallery_27758_695_4486757.jpg

gallery_27758_695_849517.jpg

gallery_27758_695_2808196.jpg

gallery_27758_695_4257698.jpg

Detailed pictures are here 035.gif

Edited by PapaZorro
  • Like 1

Here's mine, didn't see the need to make a build thread as mine is no different than a majority of others on the site.:D

IMAG0388.jpg

The rundown:

TN Guns IZ-108

Bead blasted Receiver/Barrel coated in Eastwood textured black

RAM DIY trigger guard

Pauly's glass bolt service (The bolt/carrier and FCG looked so nice I almost didn't install them :lolol:)

Tapco FCG (also modded by Pauly)

CAA Polymer stock tube

Tapco Saw grip O.D. Green

Magpul MOE buttstock O.D. green

CSS performance puck

CSS Gunfixer gas knob

JTE Performance main spring

Cadiz gunworks gas piston tube (not installed yet, waiting for new pin)

Tromix Shepherds crook

Tromix knurled charging handle

CSS Nylon hole plugs

I still need a few more things for this to be complete for me. Such as a Chaos extended quad rail(coated in duracoat o.d. green), Hi-cap mags/drum, Magpul AFG or foregrip, Poly choke II and Red dot/HK sights. I bought all the parts needed to do this besides the powdercoat and gas piston tube pin from CSS. Greg's videos make this install a snap, he's local, and ships super fast. His conversion videos are easy enough to follow, anyone could do a conversion themselves, this is coming from an Aircraft Mechanic.:super:

Edited by fromxtor

Here is mine nearing completion

Tapco G2 trigger with CSS Guard, Chaos Extended Quad with HK Sights, Competition Brake and lock nut, Axis Retaining Plate, Meanstreet Sling Plate, Low Brass Reliability Kit, Tromix Charging Handle, I polished the internals and did the work myself. I have not had any FTE's since the work was completed so did not do the gas ports. I do like the work ICE does also want to add a SAW grip since I just got my rails.

Most of the parts where ordered from CSS, rail from Chaos very happy with both companies as well as all the helpful information provided here that made doing the work myself possible.

post-33644-0-94025000-1309123828_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I added a Romanian wood stock that I refinished, AK EXTENDED RECOIL BUTTPAD, Installed a Saiga 12 Poly-Choke II Door breacher, Axis pin retaining plate, Sling rail adapter with a quick release swivel, Carolina Saiga 12 vented aluminum forearm, Gas tube cover- vented steel, Tromix extended bolt on handle, UTG combat aluminum fore grip with Integral LED flashlight, Saw style pistol grip I want to change this out for a real Russian made checkered grip when I can find one, Krebs combat shotgun sights, Scope mount side rail low profile double quick release , 40mm tactical red dot scope, Tromix G2 trigger group I just went with the single hook, auto adjusting gas plug A thick trigger guard from Carolina made from a solid billet, and the drums I could afford.

I had Matt from C&S Metall-Werkes in St. Charles, Missouri do the following Modify Safety-lever, polish/recontour Hammer, Polish Disconnector, Polish trigger hook, Polish Bolt carrier, Polish bolt and reprofile for better unlocking rotation, Polish barrel feed-ramp, Polish extractor & bbl lip, Re-finish underside of receiver, Disassemble. Degrease. Glass-bead. Mil-spec Mangenese parkerize. HK-Black finish applied over parkerizing.

post-34612-0-93368500-1310254647_thumb.jpg

post-34612-0-81165100-1310254701_thumb.jpg

post-34612-0-84622400-1310254755_thumb.jpg

Here's my nearly completed Saiga12. If you own one, you know what a love affair they can be and if you're thinking about getting one - quit waiting and get on with it; you won't be disappointed. I have added a few mods:

1. Relocate FCG

2. Mako Security collapsing stock with spring-loaded shock absorber

3. Adjustable Cheek Rest

4. Tapco G2 single-hook trigger with appropriate work done - ~3lbs of crispness

5. Added finger ledge to safety lever

6. Hogue overmold rubber grip

7. Bolt polished

8. Picatinny Rails mounted top and bottom

9. EOTech EXPS 2.2 holo sight

10. Flashlight mounted

11. Magpul AFG2

12. Tromix Monster Competition Muzzle Brake

13. a brainfart is preventing me from remembering which gas adjustment I changed to but it sure has helped. I can cycle anything that will fit in it with approx. 98% reliability

14. Bead Blasted, Parkerized, and Gunkote applied

15. Various Magazines and Drums

yet to be done:

1. Cadiz Gun Works last round bolt hold-open

2. Cobra's bolt and carrier contouring and polishing

3. Left-side charge handle

Sometimes I look at this S12 and think it's overdone and 'tacti-cool' then I take it out and shoot it and realize that every add-on and/or mod has it's function - whether it be reliability, shootability, comfort, or whatnot. If/when the Crap Hits the Fan this will continue to be my goto gun. I've done extensive testing shooting various slugs and have determined that it likes Remington 2 3/4" 1 3/8oz. sluggers. With them I can punch out a Bullseye at 50 yards and pull off a head shot at 100 yards with nearly every shot - possibly every time if I run into Big-Headed Zombies. Aside from that I figure that nearly every household that has guns have a 12 ga. around so ammo should be nearly as easy to find as .22LR. Do I really need to say that I love this weapon?

post-29103-0-35123100-1310932166_thumb.jpgpost-29103-0-80625800-1310932159_thumb.jpgpost-29103-0-50415500-1310932149_thumb.jpgpost-29103-0-27403600-1310932141_thumb.jpgpost-29103-0-25926000-1310932125_thumb.jpg

This shows the various "incarnations" my Saiga 12 has taken since I've had it.

MySiaga2.jpg

sig1.jpg

wp1.jpg

Saiga-12_ODinfo.jpg

I really like the Tromix stock with the Limbsaver pad, but with a folding mechanism, it's a tad too long for me. So i went with the 7.5" ACE stock instead.

• Like 1

i was in a dirt bike accident in 08 an lost the use of my right arm for good. so i did my convertion myself with one hand and two feet lol. if i can do it myself anyone can. and no its not finished yet...still polishing the bolt and doing internal work.

post-34773-0-47735500-1311369861_thumb.jpg

post-34773-0-48842900-1311370286_thumb.jpg

post-34773-0-66353600-1311370350_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nothing really different about her, probably same setup as a few others on here but she's MY zombie killer.

Has about 2,000 rounds shot since I got her last summer.

Also a big thanks to BobAsh, MoeZamBeak & CSS with answering PM's & helping me convert her. Can't wait to do another.

Kind of addicting.

Tapco G2 Trigger (modified by Tromix)

Tromix DIY Trigger Guard

Tapco T6 stock

MD Arms 20 round drum

MD Arms Molot pistol grip

MD Arms V-Plug

MD Arms Booster Puck (cleared up ALL my cycling issues that other pucks wouldn't)

MD Arms Flash Hider

CHAOS Extended Quad Rail w/ HK sights

Magpul Angled Foregrip

4bda6f11.jpg

df989245.jpg

e128cd8c.jpg

picture001vj.jpg

picture002xb.jpg

Recently picked up this S-12 Stamped US sporting goods. Did the pistol grip restoration myself this weekend.

Tapco Stock

Tapco Classic pistol grip

Tromix Modified Tapco G2 trigger group

CSS Bolt on trigger guard

CSS BHO lever

Retainer Plate

Future plans: AK style front sight, Danzig gas tube kit, Wood Furniture, AK74 style muzzle

Hello all im a new member to both the forum and to saiga 12 ownership i have only had my saiga for 2 weeks but thanks to CSS i think im done with it hears the list

Tapco Single Hook trigger group / Carolina SS Trigger Guard / CSS Internal Block / ACE Skeleton Stock / Hogue Finger Groove / CSS-LOWBRASS-KIT / JTE Performance Power main spring / Tromix charging handle / JTE Competition Magwell Surefire / 10 Slot Flash Hider / UTG Quad rail / fab defense tacticle folding grip / streamlight TLR-1 / Burris FastFire red dot / Blackhawk swift sling ( 3-pt ) / RAM extended magazine release / and some home fabricated magazine clips

post-35110-0-94289500-1312429442_thumb.jpg

Alright, she is done... I'm not touching this thing anymore, no LRBHO or anything. I spent a fortune as is. Wouldn't mind one of those AR style mag change things though, but I'm sticking with what I have. that way I can throw drums on there too.

dsc00833t.jpg

20110620205958402.jpg

• Like 1