• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-1/2" evlblksbs  

In its final form:  

My daughter does modeling and she did a shoot this week with firearms. I let her borrow my Saiga.  

Posted Images

Vinni83,

Anymore photos of that beauty? Very nice!

rolleyes.gif This Saiga 340 - sports version Saiga 030/KS-K 18.5. The most interesting changes are visible in the photo.

post-46820-0-65032400-1386706811_thumb.jpg

Glass looks like an Elcan SpecterDR clone ?

Sorry. I do not know what it's the sight.

Edited by vinni83
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my "get the **** outta my house !"  close in weapon. My Saiga 12 with a Kushnapup conversion.

All of these pix and I the ONLY one who loves this weapon ? It shoots everything i feed it with absolutely no problems. I did all the mod on it from what I learned on this forum.

IMG_7903_zpse3dd19a5.jpg

Edited by team5150

Just picked up my 1st Saiga 12 from North Sound Armory. Got home after dark and it's raining,couldn't wait,had to go out and try it. I had some old #4 shot that I thought I would burn,well it are it all without a hiccup. Here's a couple of so so pictures of it.

24e6f99dbf02ef5ebba38928ec50a97b.jpg

b49759b64a8ad82eb57af1f39faa4de1.jpg

And here's the muzzle brake I had them install

111acdb67605b672c08523402505d4a5.jpg

Sorry about the bad ipad pics

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my S12 I recently had the major meat and potatoes (new sbs barrel, gas glock/tube movement, trigger movement, rear tang cut and tromix plate welded on, and a AKARS rail installed, and Tri Rail fitment) by Paul over at ICC Mfg. They make replacement S12 barrels for full size and SBS. Paul was kind enough to help me with the rest of the work while it was there for the barrel replacement. So when I got it back I went with the billet CSS trigger guard and some muzzle break off amazon (all the name brand breaks are too long for my liking, wish I could find one like the SLRrifleworks break for my S12.) I put a primary arms reflex on the AKARS and I think it blends in very well.

Currently I am planning to add the Tac47 magwell for AR style mag loading. Big thanks to EvilBlkweaponz for all the info help and for the pending trade for the magwell. Once that's installed I will take it back over to my friends at SLRrifleworks locally and they are gonna help with some clean up and refinishing.

Took her out and she cycled low brass easy as paul had her set. I plan to play around with different loads and try and find which if any gives problems so I know what to avoid. Im not looking forward to tuning the dot for slugs. My hopes are to get within 2inch groups at 30yds. My goal was the ultimate HD gun, but why not have fun with it too.

Im thinking of black with a darker grey snake skin pattern to accent.

feedback????

20140118_141553_zpsfpvy7nw1.jpg

20140118_141559_zpsw4cz09qq.jpg

20140118_141604_zpse9rdvux3.jpg

20140118_141617_zpsev9xv0rw.jpg

20140118_141623_zps1jcwylad.jpg

20140118_141639_zps4wxydof7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Shitty tablet camera.

Latest alterations...

post-20217-0-51509000-1390860448_thumb.jpg

Added;

Krebs rear peep sight.

Ram extended mag release.

Replaced Kvar RPK hand guard and MD Molot pistol grip with Russian Saiga12 hand guard and pistol grip.

Edit; I'm jealous AZG, you've a folder. Your S12 is looking good man!

I need a folder, a barrel chop/perm and dyer need of a refinishing. Then i think mine would be where it needs to be. I've been through 4 different hand guards and 3 different pistol grips and this setup now really sings a tune for me!

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 3

I wanted my S12 to be posted after MulletMan's awesome S12. Dig the wood Mullet Man!beer.gif

AKs_zpsb835fe68.jpg

Upgraded my old boy and made'm my dedicated Yote/bird gun:  

Had the barrel chopped at 12 and permanently attached a molot full choke and PSH-2 brake. New barrel length 19 &1/4

922r parts: 

-TomCole heavy duty piston(1)

-King armory puck(1)

-G2(3)

-Made my own US floor plate from Alum.(1)

Edited by AZG
  • Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...

technically not a picture but... big_smile.gif

I'm the first to shoot a few, then a guy I work with how has NEVER touched a shotgun is up. He's got a weird grip which we have since fixed... but he's the only one my S12 jams for (you can see it in his first shoot)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

noq8.jpg

Just finished it up this weekend. Still have a few things to do before I'm completely satisfied with the build, though.

I apologize for the crappy cell phone picture. White Balance is off.

Edited by Photoguy

Here is my saiga I've been building for 3 gun.  

- Tig welded all the holes unused in the receiver 
- Shorten the gas system and weld blend in new bolt carrier extension
- Reamed and polished forcing cone 
- Polished/stoned bolt

- Jard trigger

- Left side charging handle 

- Custom AR style safety with internal detent

- Custom gas tube/sight mount

R&R - AR stock adaptor, trigger guard.

I still need to thread barrel for Rem chokes, install magwell, install mid-barrel comps, and Cerakote the gun.

saiga-12-2.jpeg

Edited by RTM
  • Like 1

20140114_205440_zpsf23f5fae.jpg

20140114_205514_zpsa28d43f4.jpg

My new Lone Star Arms L1 Base model that i got for a steal!! She's currently back at Lone Star getting hk sights, cut barrel to around 13 inches with monster brake permanently attached, ace skeleton stock with push button folder, and 2 rails on the side of the hand guard. The waits unbearable i cant wait to get her back but i know she's in good hands Mike's the man!!

Edited by djt1991

Christ, I've been a member here since 2007 and never added to the picture post? WTF? This is WAAAY overdue.

Work on this one was performed first by Cobra back in '07, then myself several years later, and finally rendered into its present configuration by Leland at Sierra Ordnance Company.

Current specs on this S12: paracord wrapped ACE folding stock attached to weld-on backplate, old FCG holes filled and smoothed, bolt profile job, RAM extended mag release, Izhmash pistol grip, JP R&L magazine guide, purple recoil buffer ( I know. It works fine.), K-var RPK handguard with lower forward rail section I made myself, SKS gas tube cover, Gunfixr gas plug, Krebs ghost ring rear sight aperture, elevated front sight post with clamp chopped off and welded in place, KNS crosshair front sight post, Tromix flash hider permanently attached at 18.25". Pictured with Izhmash 8 round mag and Csspecs steel mag.

post-6253-0-66132500-1394724367_thumb.jpg

These steel mags are simply awesome. Gotta get a few more.

post-6253-0-33450000-1394724380_thumb.jpg

HG has been modded with a Velcro patch for attaching the remote switch when running a light.

post-6253-0-21993500-1394724387_thumb.jpg

This small piece of rail section is an easy DIY upgrade. All you need is a ~2" piece of pic rail and a couple of hex head screws of the appropriate length. Easily added to the K-Var HG retainer. Kinda surprised its not already an option. Also note the smooth undersurface of my front sight post.cool.png

post-6253-0-10379000-1394724400_thumb.jpg

• Like 3