Picture Post, Lets see your Saiga 12!

I would also like to call attention to my sight setup because it is a bit different and I find it works quite well for me.

post-6253-0-46417100-1394725252_thumb.jpg

post-6253-0-01322200-1394725264_thumb.jpg

It is a Krebs rear ghost-ring and a Krebs front sight tower with a KNS crosshair sight post. While this may seem a bit cluttered at first glance I've found that in practice the crosshairs themselves disappear when you focus on the target with both eyes open. The sight tower "ears" superimpose over the rear ghost-ring. This just leaves the two concentric rings to line up. This seems quicker to me than trying to line up a post within a circle or notch.

It is very difficult to get a photo of what this looks like in person. This is the best pic I could get of this effect, although it is zoomed in a bit more than normal so the "ears" sit inside the ghost-ring instead of being superimposed. When it is properly shouldered and lined up, all you see is two concentric rings. No ears, no crosshairs.

post-6253-0-98995200-1394725272_thumb.jpg

This makes for a very fast target acquisition and is even effective on moving targets. I use this for skeet and trap regularly. It works great. Oh and you can also focus on the front sight (like on a rifle) in order to use the crosshairs for slugs. I need to experiment more with that to see what sort of drop I get.

• Like 6
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-1/2" evlblksbs  

In its final form:  

My daughter does modeling and she did a shoot this week with firearms. I let her borrow my Saiga.  

Posted Images

Got my annual bonus from work yesterday: a Saiga-12, converted by Legion, pictured with Triple-K leather 4-box/100-round ammo carrier and Spartan 00-Buckshot.

Saiga Legion 12

Edited by MR_22
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The latest version of the Fitty%TACTICAL Saiga12......new additions include the CNC Warrior/Bonesteel folding stock and two Noveske K9 barricade stops.

A video review of the Noveske K9 stops are up on my YouTube channel and sadly I can no longer post my videos here anymore.

post-34773-0-68662800-1399051842_thumb.jpg

post-34773-0-25294200-1399051820_thumb.jpg

post-34773-0-08910900-1399051871_thumb.jpg

post-34773-0-12523800-1399051812_thumb.jpg

post-34773-0-10102800-1399051862_thumb.jpg

post-34773-0-02939000-1399051804_thumb.jpg

post-34773-0-33050400-1399051832_thumb.jpg

post-34773-0-26125100-1399052077_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty much done with this gun with the most recent working being sending bolt, carrier, and FCG to Cobra for an awesome job of profile and polish.  He also did a great job adding the left side charging handle.  The gun will now cycle the crappiest loads I can throw at it.

post-43632-0-35841800-1401764736_thumb.jpg

post-43632-0-94171100-1401764741_thumb.jpg

post-43632-0-93855300-1401764746_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I finally took a new picture with the modified safety lever, Thanks to GunFun so long ago. Sorry for the delay.

Thats awesome and maybe the way I can convert my s12 in nj since that is a true thumbhole stock. Just to find one for a lefty
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally took a new picture with the modified safety lever, Thanks to GunFun so long ago. Sorry for the delay.

Thats awesome and maybe the way I can convert my s12 in nj since that is a true thumbhole stock. Just to find one for a lefty

thumbhole stock is not defined in NJ therefore IMO it could still be considered a pistol grip....

thumbhole stock is not defined in NJ therefore IMO it could still be considered a pistol grip....

Ive heard you say that a million times here and at that commi ran nazi forum njgf... a tru thumb hole stock u can not shoot with one hand... so it would not fit the criteria. Also the tapco kits that sit behind the action imo would be legal. Nj law states under the action in regards to a pistol grip. I would rather have a true thumb hole rather then a cheap and ugly tapco stock/pg combo hense why i just dont do that. Bye Vlad. Tell Jon i said hi.

Ive heard you say that a million times here and at that commi ran nazi forum njgf... a tru thumb hole stock u can not shoot with one hand... so it would not fit the criteria. Also the tapco kits that sit behind the action imo would be legal. Nj law states under the action in regards to a pistol grip. I would rather have a true thumb hole rather then a cheap and ugly tapco stock/pg combo hense why i just dont do that. Bye Vlad. Tell Jon i said hi.

the law is intentionally vague... it states one hand firing... you could technically fire just about any long gun with one hand... and the same with beneath the action.. if you think the Tapco pistol grip that sits slightly behind the action is legal you are out of your mind.. I know for a fact that a store in NJ had to stop selling the Benelli M4 because it had a pistol grip.. and that grip is off the back of the gun similar to the way the Tapco would sit... if you want to roll the dice you are more than welcome to... but I would not considering the track record of similar shotguns (the M4) and the anti gun climate in that state.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saiga 12

Bolt & Carrier polished by Pauly

Converted by myself using kit from CSS

Internal parts reworked by Cobra's Custom

Hogue Pistol Grip

AKM4 adapter, Rifle Dynamics

B5 Systems MilSpec Bravo Stock

Stock associated parts supplied by Bravo Company

Two point sling

5 & 8 round mags, Izhmash

12 round mag, AGP