Picture Post, Lets see your Saiga 12!

IMG_0460.jpg

Pair of AK's. I just finished the S12, got a Tapco (Tromix modified) FCG, folding Tromix stock with ACE internal block, Bolt on TG that I MIG welded into place, Ergo suregrip and touched up the bottom receiver with some black paint. I'll have it refinished professionally when I get the money; I'm 19 and don't have a steady job so I can't afford a 175$ duracoat job right now. I've been working on getting the gun into shooting shape for the past year and a half.

The 5.45 is mine as well, bought it last year before obama came to power. Just wanted the most politically incorrect guns I could find... figured it would piss off the liberals the most :P

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-1/2" evlblksbs  

In its final form:  

My daughter does modeling and she did a shoot this week with firearms. I let her borrow my Saiga.  

Posted Images

Hey whats up guys new guy here. Been lurking around here for a few months and I finally got my S12 a week ago. Did a few mods to it and I finally took it to the range last Friday and I was not disappointing one bit :super: . My buddy that went with me is now going to purchase one, I got him hooked lol :devil: . Well here is a pic of mine, sorry but I don't have a solo more detailed pic of it so you will just have to see my mug in this shot.

post-21644-12601700254652_thumb.jpg

Finished stock & went black.

(& I'll never go back. :rolleyes: )

S-129mmtargets25yds-1.jpg

To achieve the Stock color:

1 heavy coat Minwax Red Mahogany stain, let dry 1 day & wipe off lightly.

Then 1 more heavy coat Minwax red Mahogany stain, let dry 1 week & buff lightly with .0000 steel wool.

Lastly, 1 coat Minwax outdoor spray clear high gloss oil based urethane, let dry one week.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

this ones mine basic sagia12,with tapco stock and hiviz sights.Ive droped this in the river on a float trip.got the thing full of sand and mud.got to the bank cleaned it in the water.test fired it.it went boom boom.best shotgun ive ever had!!!!

post-22158-12619650854355_thumb.jpg

Just finished the conversion last week. Nothing special. I don't the stock, but my choices are limited due to NYS laws. I welded the trigger guard for a nicer look. I need to get a brake for it...

RalphXL

post-15026-12619661350401_thumb.jpg

Edited by RalphXL

1st off, a big THANK YOU! to everyone on the forums for all of the info and tips about these wonderful shotguns.

I just finished this conversion (my 1st) and it wouldn't have been possible without all of you.

+1 to all members who posted info and +1 to all of the vendors here as well for great products and awesome customer service.

saiga12newlydone004.jpg

saiga12newlydone002.jpg

saiga12newlydone003.jpg

Here's the list of goodies;

German Imported 22" 3 hole Saiga-12

Polished Hammer,disconnect, bolt and bolt carrier.

TROMIX EXTENDED CHARGING HANDLE (partly polished)

GUNFIXERS IMPROVED GAS PLUG

PHOENIX FLAME DOOR BREACH

CSS INTERNAL RECEIVER BLOCK (drilled and tapped for 5-8x32 screws)

STOCK FOLDING MECHANISM

JTE Performance Power Mainspring

TROMIX SAIGA FCG

SAW-STYLE PISTOL GRIP

TROMIX D-I-Y TRIGGER GUARD

DPH SKELETON STOCK 8.5" SOLID BILLET

RECOIL PAD 1"

INTRAFUSE HANDGUARD TRI-RAIL

VERTICAL GRIP

E-TAC TWISTERPUC

Thanks,

Mike

Here is a quick video of my Saiga in action. It is the gun that R&R Targets had at the last Shot Show. I have upgraded it from the original magwell to the newest R&R straight insertion magwell. Also has R&R's double mid barrel comp, JT sliding safety, Vltor AR style buttstock, shortened gas system and Magpul grip. Sight is a Burris Fast Fire II.

Doug

I finished her and she is beautiful.

Started with a bone stock 19"bbl, stock 5 rd mag and 8rd surefire $520

Parts: Tapco Og AK stock

Tapco AK Galil handguard and Tromix bracket

Tromix modified Tapco FCG

Tromix DIY trigger guard

CAA finger groove grip

Surefire 12 rd

$212

Time: 3-3.5 Hrs

Finished prouct: Priceless

post-21149-12622830077845_thumb.jpg

I agree. They are 2 different setups. I would probably use the JT one if I was not going to put on an R&R magwell and save the money. The R&R one costs more but is milled from a larger block of metal so that it matches up to the R&R magwell and makes the bottom of the receiver look more seamless. Your money, you pick the look you want.

post-22191-12627226983077_thumb.jpg

post-22191-12627227325706_thumb.jpg

Doug

This is my "plinker" and the gun I use for 3-gun;

Tromixwear009.jpg?t=1262958135

Home conversion with:

Tromix DIY Trigger guard

Tromix FCG

Tromix extended charging handle

JT mainspring and extended mag release

Gun Fixr plug

Internal reciever block with Tromix/Limb saver stock attached

Kross rail w/ Tango down QD stubby grip

Kreps battle sights

Poly choke

Here is my personal Saiga. It was the Shot Show gun for R&R last year and has had upgrades to the new magwell and stock adapter. To date this gun has well over 5000 rounds and is pretty smooth. With this gun at last years DPMS Tri-gun Challenge in St Paul, MN, I beat Jerry Miculek on Stage 2 and came in at 90.533% of his score on Stage 1. My average for the 4 all shotgun stages was 81.988% and I came in 8th in Open, my best finish ever at any large match mainly because of this Saiga (my rifle and pistol stages were just average).

Parts - R&R Magwell, comp, grip adapter, stock adapter, left side bolt handle and Optic mount. JT Sliding safety, Vltor stock, Tapco single hook trigger, Magpul MIAD grip and Burris Fast Fire II sight.

Finish - Ceramic silver coating on receiver and Ion Bond on barrel and all other steel.

Doug

post-22191-12630124263208_thumb.jpg

I bought her in April and all the parts and extras (to save on shipping, of course!). I also bid on, and won Chaos' NRA Membership Charity auction, so I have some awesome furniture. (Thanks Cameron!) Over the next few months, a sandblast cabinet, airbrushes, and some Dura Coat showed up one by one.

I finally said WTF and put her in the cabinet and blasted away.

I used DuraPhos as an undercoat for better adhesion and selected Snow Grey as my preferred color. I saw one like it in the forum with the black furniture, so that is what I was shooting for. The first pic is after blasting, and the next two are the Snow Grey. I shot the matte clear today and she will be "hanging around" curing while I take in the SHOT show in Vegas. I will assemble her when I return and post the final pics.

If anybody is going to be at the show, PM me and we can have a beer.

A HUGE thanks to all the posters with the valuable info that educated me enough to tackle this job.

post-16770-126369533727_thumb.jpgpost-16770-1263696116749_thumb.jpgpost-16770-1263696168171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gun Nut

I started at page 1 reviewing for comments and questions. If you have posted a comment or question in this PICTURE thread and not in the "Sister" comments & questions thread it HAS and WILL be deleted.

This is for PICTURES, IMAGES, PHOTOGRAPHS ECT with a brief descripition of your weapon(s).

Respectfully,

MCASSgt New River