• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-1/2" evlblksbs  

In its final form:  

My daughter does modeling and she did a shoot this week with firearms. I let her borrow my Saiga.  

Posted Images

Here is mine. Great thanks to Cobra for the beautiful work and trigger job. He is a true artist. Thanks to CSS for the great customer service, and a special thanks to all of the members of this forum as I would have been lost without your willingness to share the knowledge.

post-35842-0-55056700-1323988275_thumb.jpg

Just got my charging handle back! It's a beauty.

Included a picture of my Russian pile. Originally decided to refinish the Saiga 12 pieces to match. Then had enough left over to do a nice job on the 5.45 as well. Then had enough to do a half assed job on the half assed Nagant.

Will get better pictures when I find my camera and get to the range some day.

post-26987-0-30589100-1323988920_thumb.jpg

Well, here's mine. It's a 2001, 3 hole gun that will cycle anything i put in it. Don't really remember all the stuff it has, but it all came from CSS and Dinzag, big thanks to them! The last mod I did is the AMD-65 handguard with the Dinzag retainer. Finished by John Norrell in his flat grey/black molyresin.

post-26430-0-13853800-1324004335_thumb.jpg

post-26430-0-88046500-1324004377_thumb.jpg

My Christmas present arrived today from the good folks at Chaos. I'm nearly finished. I may spring for a GlassBolt treatment from Pauly in the new year. Also, I'm not too crazy about the Saw grip and may go to something that looks/feels a bit better.

7df82b7b.jpg

2b7b5186.jpg

c7d6186f.jpg

5e723714.jpg

702f1608.jpg

aaacdea2.jpg

706a87ed.jpg

8099cc3e.jpg

I recently add a SKS vented handguard atop the gas tube, I Iike it a lot, amazing how it just happens to fit the S12 like a glove.

side1.jpg

top1.jpg

I'm also finally getting rid of my SAW grip, going to the Hogue, which I run on both my AR15 & AK7.62.

Now I have to decide what to get for a VFG, can't keep the Tapco VFG which matches the old SAW, on there, now can I.

Always some excuse to 'add this' or 'change that'. wink.png

Edited by ChileRelleno

I started at page 1 reviewing for comments and questions. If you have posted a comment or question in this PICTURE thread and not in the "Sister" comments & questions thread it HAS and WILL be deleted.

This is for PICTURES, IMAGES, PHOTOGRAPHS ECT with a brief descripition of your weapon(s).

Respectfully,

MCASSgt New River

• Like 1

Just a basic conversion.

gallery_37451_793_1568052.jpg

gallery_37451_793_1603061.jpg

2011 Saiga 12

Ace Stock 8.5"

Ergo Pistol Grip

Modified Tapco Hand Guard

Modified Universal ATI Heat Shield

DIY Muzzle Break based Izmash Design

Nothing Special Just Functional

Edited by TapeWorm3

Nothing fancy but I got it to run everything. Videos from CSS greatly aided in conversion. Kicklite stock lets everyone shoot it even my wife who hates recoil. I had to enlarge gas ports from 1/16th inch to 5/64 to make it run and this is a 2011 4 port gun. Thanks to all the posts and replies from the experienced guys here that made it all happen. I did a lot of reading and it runs without failure.

post-37956-0-94853600-1325704072_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fallschirmjager45

Again nothing fancy, been doing some reading for a couple weeks, checking out options, lots of good collaboration here, it has been real helpful!

Step 1: Purchased Saga 12, it had the following:

• 9/2011 4 port no blockage
  • Red Jacket Firearms Bolt on CHARGING HANDLE
  • Red Jacket Firearms SAIGA 12 FLASH HIDER/ DOOR BREACHER
  • UTG SAIGA 12 QUAD RAIL
  • UTG VERTICAL GRIP ALUMINUM W/STORAGE-"SHORT"
  • BSA STSRD30 1x30 STEALTH TACTICAL SERIES RED DOT SCOPE
  • Phoenix Technology Ltd. KLT004 KickLite Tactical Stock Kit
  • Saiga 12 Gauge 20 Round Drum - Promag - Smoke Cover

gallery_38550_801_38236.jpg

Step 2:

• Reverted trigger guard /FCG to correct position using CSS conversion kit and videos
  • Hacked off the Kicklight Pistol Grip
  • Install Mission First Tactical AK Engage Grip
  • Picked up a couple of AGP Gen-2 10 round mags
  • and TAC-47 AutoPlug at the Saiga-12 store
  • Swapped in the NCStar red dot reticule:

gallery_38550_801_463463.jpg

Step 3:

• Pending:
  • Cobra advanced polish service
  • Install side rail scope mount
  • Lose door breech and quad rail
  • Replace with CSS barrel shroud and Aluminum forearm or a Fuglystick

Step 4: ??? not sure what

1981 Mossberg 500

• 19" Barrel
  • Surefire Forearm
  • Knox Spec Ops Buttstock

gallery_38550_801_276096.jpg

199X DoubleStar Corp Star 15 5.56

• 20" HBar
  • Hogue Overmold Pistol Grip
  • Hogue Free Float Forend
  • No name Chinese POS buttstock

gallery_38550_801_93904.jpg

Edited by 88mustang
  • Like 1

My baby's gettin there!

Did all the work myself. BHO spring was pretty easy, used my own technique of putting the short end on after finishing the trigger and hammer. The shepherd crook was a PAIN IN THE ASS! That's where the bulk of my work went. Other than that, pretty easy.

Some side notes,

The CSS trigger guard took the most to get around, I'm not sure if this is true with other trigger guards...

I had to grind down the front of the hogue grip, and I also had to grind out the tapco buttstock because of the rear-most screw of the trigger guard.

As far as the Tapco buttstock goes, I do not feel that it is not sufficiently attached. The area where you put the screws in is not very reinforced, only a small amount of plastic to screw to. I stripped one screw hole out with just a screwdriver. I think this is the reason the K-Var version wins. But it is only a temporary buttstock until I find exactly what I'm lookin for.

CSS shroud if anyone is wondering.

Another post to come when I get the rest of the parts I'm waiting on...

post-38325-0-56824900-1325917276_thumb.jpg

Edited by e30eternal

Hello fellow Saiga 12 fans :-)

This is my first post and must admit I have been a long time lurker. I got a S12 about a year ago and have been converting it myself based on all the great info on this forum to get it ready for some 3 gun action. I went to the last two 3 Gun matches here in NC at the Durham Pistol and Rifle Club and my S12 is now reliable at least on the high brass loads of slugs and 1300fps birdshot. A big thanks to this forum and all the great contributors and Carolina Shooters Supply for the parts! Everything I learned about the S12 has been from you guys and a bit of WECSOG theory.

Attaching a pic of my rig ...

And the parts list:

Magpul CTR stock

Enidine Shot Stock Hydrolic 6 position buffer (my shoulder thanks me) on a Pignose ar style stock adapter

Internal Receiver block / ground off the tang bzzzzzt...

Hogue Pistol Grip on CSS billet trigger guard and extended mag release

Tromix trigger group, JTE mainspring, Axis pin plate, manual BHO, Krebs safety lever

Low Brass reliability kit: spring, puck, v-plug

Poly-Choke Breacher

Also have a fugly stick forearm that I removed because it was a bit heavier than i liked. Might post that on the sale or trade section later.

Mags:

30 rnd Wraith/AA drum (no flames plz) Got it used off gunbroker before i knew better, maybe i'm lucky but mine has been reliable so far

20 rnd MD-20 drum a few of these, like the product quality and the custom fitting but need to break them in better

12 rnd Promag drum, also needs break in, rounds not stripping out very well yet, might take a fine file to the inner feed lips ...

12 rnd SGM stick mags, several black and clear, love these, the clear ones are great especially if you loose count loading your mags :-)

2 rnd for trap/skeet etc

To Do List:

1 - The 3 gas ports are open / unblocked but not sure of if the diameters are correct and one is partially covered by the gas block so I need to look closer at it and probly bash the gas block off with a WESCOG hammer or get a pro to do it with a press. It cycles high brass great, low brass is about 80% but could be related to the hydrolic stock buffer bleeding off some of the recoil energy too. Got about 300 rounds through it so far. I will probably have to overgas it to get it to work with low brass and the Enidine.

2 - Needs a bolt polish so will be hitting up Pauly or Cobra and perhaps add a left side charging handle

3 - Upgrade the sight to a red dot on either Ultimak top rail (break out the drill and tap set) or SGM quad rail

4 - Decide to install the rock n lock kit or wait for the magical magwell that works with sticks and drums, hmm ...

5 - Pray for a LRBHO mod as I zip up the asbestos suit and prep for the inevitable flames - sorry, couldn't resist :-)

6 - A bolt drop button or lever would be helpful even if a LRBHO doesn't happen

Alright, i guess that's enough of my spam for now. Glad to be here with y'all :-)

-RTB / James

post-39077-0-21497100-1326077515_thumb.jpg

- Saiga 1Z-109 Sporting ShotGun

- LSA Complete High Performance Tacticial Build

- Tromix Skeleton Stock

- CSS Billet Pushbutton Folding Mechanism

- CSS Billet Internal Receiver Block

- Cut Tang, True rear of Receiver, Heavy duty mounting hardware

- HK Sights

- Tromix CNC milled Steel HK Sight Base, optic rail combo

- NFA SBS Build Cut Barrel 20 12.5 "

- Tromix "Shark" Beeacher Brake