• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-1/2" evlblksbs  

In its final form:  

My daughter does modeling and she did a shoot this week with firearms. I let her borrow my Saiga.  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

JD

Thanks. I was wanting something short-er and this was what I came up with. The trigger linkage is just that, there is a little play in that assembly, but the trigger pull is no heavier in my opinion. The whole assembly has some beef to it. I don't have scales to weigh it out, but it's a 12 gauge HD gun for 00 buck, a little heft won't hurt the operation.

I installed a flashlight on the side rail last night. I am considering some form of sight, like a red dot or ...

• 4 weeks later...

Had some issues with porosity in my tig welds due to a regulator leak but after a quick blast it's starting to look like something.

SDC14880_zpsxzktu3q1.jpg

Flattened trigger guard rivets with a ground down bolt and akbuilder rivet jig base

SDC14875_zpspsikvonv.jpg

Original style anti-slap rivet

SDC14874_zpseuau5eee.jpg
SDC14878_zpspl3n47tx.jpg

Original trigger cut, reshaped, and welded

SDC14883_zpsghh3hric.jpg

• Like 4

Did you make the trigger guard? It looks oversize, I like your work, definitely clean and still good job on the welds.

It's the akbuilder trigger guard, selector stop, and reinforcement plate. Thanks for the compliment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing special but they're mine 2 rock n lock arsenal side folder and the other one is being converted as I speak the others is a saiga 12 030 from legion converted by them I put the houge grip and I canned the tapco fixed stock although I think it might go into my other conversion for now and last but not least my vepr 12 with ergo grip and moe rail on the handguard

:( and 2 sgm breachers and 1 lynx kamerton 2

post-47119-0-06045700-1433296332_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

17 week wait for the butt stock. it was an 8 week wait from Iron Wood Designs and a 9 week wait after that from Combloc Customs.

Next project is welding up the receiver holes and eventually a refinish of the entire gun.

So close to being done....

2a9y25j.jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...