Essay..."I am sorry"

Author unknown

For good and ill, the Iraqi prisoner abuse mess will remain an issue. On the one hand, right thinking Americans will abhor the stupidity of the actions while on the other hand, political glee will take control and fashion this minor event into some modern day My Lai massacre. I heard some Arabs and Muslims are asking for an apology. I humbly offer mine here:

I am sorry that the last seven times we Americans took up arms and sacrificed the blood of our youth, it was in the defense of Muslims (Bosnia, Kosovo, Gulf War 1, Kuwait, etc.).

I am sorry that no such call for an apology upon the extremists came after 9/11.

I am sorry that all of the murderers on 9/11 were Islamic Arabs.

I am sorry that most Arabs and Muslims have to live in squalor under savage dictatorships.

I am sorry that their leaders squander their wealth.

I am sorry that their governments breed hate for the US in their religious schools, mosques, and government-controlled media.

I am sorry that Yasir Arafat was kicked out of every Arab country and highjacked the Palestinian "cause".

I am sorry that no other Arab country will take in or offer more than a token amount of financial help to those same Palestinians.

I am sorry that the USA has to step in and be the biggest financial supporter of poverty stricken Arabs while the insanely wealthy Arabs blame the USA for all their problems.

I am sorry that our own left wing elite, our media, and our own brainwashed (from elements of our society like radical professors, CNN and the NY TIMES) masses do not understand any of this.

I am sorry the United Nations scammed the poor people of Iraq out of the "food for oil" money so they could get rich while the common folk suffered.

I am sorry that some Arab governments pay the families of homicide bombers upon their death.

I am sorry that those same bombers are brainwashed thinking they will receive 72 virgins in "paradise."

I am sorry that the homicide bombers think pregnant women, babies, children, the elderly and other noncombatant civilians are legitimate targets.

I am sorry that our troops die to free more Arabs from the gang rape rooms and the filling of mass graves of dissidents of their own making.

I a m sorry that Muslim extremists have killed more Arabs than any other group.

I am sorry that foreign trained terrorists are trying to seize control of Iraq and return it to a terrorist state.

I am sorry every time terrorists hide they find a convenient "Holy Site."

I am sorry they didn't apologize for driving a jet into the World Trade Center that collapsed and severely damaged Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church - one of our Holy Sites.

I am sorry they didn't apologize for flight 93 and 175, the USS Cole, the embassy bombings, the murders and beheadings of Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl, etc....etc!

I am sorry Michael Moore is American; he could feed a medium sized village in Africa.

America will get past this latest absurdity. We will punish those responsible because that is what we do. We hang out our dirty laundry for all the world to see. We move on. That's one of the reasons we are hated so much. We don't hide this stuff like all those Arab countries that are now demanding an apology. Deep down inside, when most Americans saw this reported in the news, we were like - so what? We lost hundreds and made fun of a few prisoners. Sure, it was wrong, sure, it dramatically hurts our cause, but until captured we were trying to kill these same prisoners. Now we're supposed to wring our hands because a few were humiliated? Our compassion is tempered with the vivid memories of our own people killed, mutilated and burnt amongst a joyous crowd of celebrating Fallujans.

If you want an apology from this American, you're going to have a long wait. You have a better chance of finding those 72 virgins.

I would agree wholeheartedly with about 90% of that,there is enough to prove that we have to be ready to defend ourselves anywhere any time from an enemy who is still trapped in 6th century tribal culture.But I am also sorry that our president is supporting the israeli genocide against the palistinians because 'the bible sais these are jewish lands'. Also I am sorry that Dick Cheney was never prosicuted for GIVING WMD to Saddam Husein (folks I could never make this shit up. The CIA armed Sadam and installed him in power -and under Dick Cheny's watch as Reagan's Cia director he gave WMD to Iraq to use on Iran) I am sorry that Rumsfeld was never indicted for his role as personal representitive to Saddam Husein from Cheney's CIA. I am sorry that american troups are giving the ultimate sacrifice to settle an old grudge held by a radical right-wing group of corporate raiders,stock swindlers,draft dodgers,and un-indicted co-conspiritors.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,however the points that I make here are FACTS.None of these points are disputed by the principals,they just change the subject or attack anyone who who questions them.

G O B

Edited by G O B

Gob

yes that is correct , you know your history well. i was told that the c.i.a backed saddam up with weapons too and that he was installed into the presidency in iraq by the u.s too. some people always want to bite the hand that fed them.

I just hope things work out and terrorism can be removed from this planet but somehow i cant believe that it will happen (not in my life time anyhow)

all the best

assassin

Guest Guest

G O B:

I have to say I'm guilty of arming Saddam Insane as well as Rumsfeld. When the Iraqis

were at war with the Iranians, I was the Captain of an American ship that brought 20,000 anti-tank rockets(LAWS rockets) to Iraq. It was a case of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Politics has always made strange bedfellows.

I have also brought weapons to Israel during the 1st Gulf War (72 cruise missiles) and brought billions of rounds of Israeli small arms ammo to Germany for NATO forces, as well as AT-4 anti-tank rockets from Sweden. I have delivered millions of depleted uranium bullet cores to South Africa and Huey Helicopters inside 40 foot containers. Perfectly legal I might add since they were ordered before the arms embargo went into effect. Transporting weapons and explosives was my specialty, and i did a very,very good job!

I have a definite axe to grind with the Israelis over the unprovoked and deliberate attack on the USS Liberty that resulted in the death of 34 American sailors. We should've bombed the hell out of Tel-Aviv for that bit of treachery. However, I also have a great deal of respect for the Israelis since they don't put up with any bullshit from the Palestinian terrorists and kill them when ever and where ever they can with a great deal of regularity. As brutal as it sounds, that insanity will not stop until all of the Palestinians or all of the Israelis are dead. So far the Israelis have the upper hand.

Guest. As an american citizen it makes me wonder WITCH side the CIA is on.

Castro-Noriega-Saddam-- ad infinitum ad nauseum! Aren't we supposed to be encouraging DEMOCRACY: :ph34r:

G O B

Sneaky, underhanded, bastards - making decisions with my brother's lives. Not to support Mich. Moore too much, but it is a well known fact that the bush family has lodged in the Bin Laden family mansion. hmmm. why can't we find that guy? why can't we find that guy when he has a kidney disease that requires dialysis? is there one made of rocks in a cave somewhere?

The hole in the pentagon (The unmaned section) has all of it's windows intact around the entry point. That's weird? beside the fact that there is no damage where the wings should have been, just a small hole. The servailance camera's from the gas station across the street were confinscated:

here is an actual scale model of a 756 (or whatever) AFTER the fire weakened the structure.

You'all can make your own conclusion, I'm not saying I know what really did happen but there are some questions, that I don't think have been explained!

Our monarchs ARE a bunch of weisles, this whole group - I hate them so much I'm about to vote for the money spending Dems. That's CRAZY!!!

post-9-1089757454.jpg

Not to support Mich. Moore too much, but it is a well known fact that the bush family has lodged in the Bin Laden family mansion.

what mike moore doesnt want you to know is that the bin laden family disowned osama. they want nothing to do with him. thats just another one of his distorted half truths.

Seems both sides of this arguement aren't being completely honest! If we were in a perfect world the truth would be the first prioity!

The Bin Ladens aren't exactly helping us either! You'd think they'd want to clear there name. That fact's niether here nor there.

I was listening to a former employee of the Pentagon Talk on a radio show (he took no stand on what we're talking about). He was a second generation pentagon worker.

He told a story of when he was young, going in to visit his father. He said he asked him (his father) why not have lunch in the court yard (he was refering to the middle part). His father told him that in no way no how, was any one allowed to be in that area because there are missle silos there.

It is a well known fact that there are defenses there. If I remember corectly there was about a full (40 min. I think) hour from second plane to pentagon. AND, the grounding (of the planes) was already in effect. Why would our most precious of military establishments be so open to a lumbering, slow moving, dolting, jumbo jet?

I just think it's creepy stupid. and weird, to say the least!

It implies to me one of two things:

somebody couldn't defend the pentagon, the way I'd like to see my tax dollars spent, OR

some body let it happen! shocking as that sounds - just don't be closed minded to that possibility! it would be fool hardy!

That's about as serious as I'm going to get today. I've got to go defend my ground from those intrusive beer bottles at the range!

Emclean:

No I didn't, but it is a cool site! thank you sir!

I got it from this site, I know you guys are going to hate it - just take it with a grain of salt!

http://serendipity.ptpi.net/wtc3.htm

I'm not sure I want to take these ideas to there extremes (thought-wise, not WACO-wise), but Hilter and germany happened in our "Modern Age".

Eyes wide open, looking at every angle.

I was listening to a former employee of the Pentagon Talk on a radio show (he took no stand on what we're talking about). He was a second generation pentagon worker.

He told a story of when he was young, going in to visit his father. He said he asked him (his father) why not have lunch in the court yard (he was refering to the middle part). His father told him that in no way no how, was any one allowed to be in that area because there are missle silos there.

It is a well known fact that there are defenses there. If I remember corectly there was about a full (40 min. I think) hour from second plane to pentagon. AND, the grounding (of the planes) was already in effect. Why would our most precious of military establishments be so open to a lumbering, slow moving, dolting, jumbo jet?

I just think it's creepy stupid. and weird, to say the least!

It implies to me one of two things:

somebody couldn't defend the pentagon, the way I'd like to see my tax dollars spent, OR

some body let it happen! shocking as that sounds - just don't be closed minded to that possibility! it would be fool hardy!

That's about as serious as I'm going to get today. I've got to go defend my ground from those intrusive beer bottles at the range!

i dont know for sure, but my input on the matter would be that the people in the pentagon had absolutely no idea what was going to happen. this was the first time in history that passenger planes had been used as weapons, so nobody was expecting it. the attackes were so sudden, that there was no way to be prepared.

i suspect it would have been much different were chinese bombers attacking the pentagon. im willing to bet that no aircrafts suspected to be hostile would make it within 20 miles of the pentagon.

I see your point.

we already knew we were under attack though - for at least two jours prior. every plane in the whole united states was grounded. we were prepared for that. It took about a half an hour.

I remember two planes were left in the sky - the one in penn. and the one that hit the pentagon.

It unfloded just like that.

I would have hit that button in a minute!

hard to say.

first plane 8:30 est

pentagon = 10:30 or close to.

Either way, I am sorry as well!

Apparently the ball was dropped by the FAA in not passing the info on that the planes were hijacked. However if you ever fly into (reagan) Was. National airport you will see the problem. The flight path is the potomac river. Look at a D.C. map-it goes almost directly over the pentagon as well as the white house and nearly every other government building. The problem is that we were prepared for an invader (long range) not commercial traffic taking a 500 yard detour!

G O B

I would have hit that button in a minute!

hard to say.

would you have wanted to be the one that kills 50-60 people on a maybe? there were also outher posabilitys as to why the plane turned around, and was not talking. something like an electrial fire could have taken out the raido, and sent the airplane back to where started.

if the plane had been taken out we would be hearing about how Bush had murdered those people. it would have been hard to prove that the craft was heading for the pentagon

I think by that time it would and could have been justified.

Thanks you guys for some perspective!

It still doesn't change my mind about this crazy evil administration! I don't think I'm being paranoid when I say that the things they've done (besides seeking revenge right away in aghganastan) is soooo for just his own type, and class - and supressive for all of us. And the miss use of power is amazing! the spending incredible! I hate the way they use "morality Issues" to edit free speech, and things like Abortion - that don't have anything to do with Government. The Patriot act? what the hell is that? that thing went through within months of 9-11, almost like it was already drafted (here I go again!).

Just as a side note: I think it was real funny that the minute Howard Stern started bashing him and his, the FCC (colon powel Jr.) fined him the largest fine in history - when he (howard) was left alone for years prior. AND he didn't get fined for anything recent they had to fish for some he did three years prior - something that Oprah win. said (almost verbatem) on one of the "sanction" networks, and got no fine whatsoever! Howard has like 13 million listeners throughout the nation (however stupid they are!). Free speech (stupid or no) is something I value very much, i'm sure nobody can contest!

The FCC is not his personal tool!hehe - the prattle......I'm not even drinkin', couple beers forget about it!