Sister Thread to Picture Posts

Surely there are many questions and comments about the guns posted in the picture thread. Please post all of those here so I don't have to keep going back and deleting them from the pic thread. Thanks.

I'll start...

#1 Pointer great idea! Nice damn weapon too! Good to see someone posting about Jeric's LRBHO, now we will know who's got em.

Careful posting all those mag pics, you are likely to get hate mail...lol.

#2 Welcome aboard Bullitt3401, another Mustang fan, hell yeah! Congrats on taking the plunge. God help you now!

#3 Wildcatter those are a couple of the most beautiful Saigas in the world bro! Hat's off! :up: Didn't you say you were gonna finish em out with Ace / Galil skeleton stocks?

#4 That guy really needs to get a life! :eek:

#8 micah360 Tony did you right bro! That baby is a sleek machine. Simple and to the point. That's the first gun I have liked with OD green!

#9 AWESOME bro and that's a huge understatement! No finer S-12 anywhere.

#10 Shooter 2 that's a sweet Russian hammer you have. Interesting light mount...original.

#12 I J That rail is sweet man! I like it much better than the halo.

#13 Gunsmithcat she's coming along very nicely man! Wood is GOOD. Let me know if I can help you brighten those pics.

#14 Beerslurpy nice Tromix sweeper. Looks like you have the Korsak laser too. Or is that a light mounted in there? Putting AK HGs on there is not just a job, it's an adventure! Check out my tutorial pinned in the S-12 important topics section or if you really want to go all out look at dinzag's AKS-12 thread in his sig line. If ya want that S-12 HG to look better and cool better send it to me and I'll fix that.

They are all sweet guns in the pic thread! These were just some posts that really caught my eye.

Keep em comin guys! :super:

• Like 1
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, the upper Vepr looks exactly the same, as sell in Russia. Muzzle brake only different. Despite all its advantages, I do not like Vepr. I prefer Saiga 12K030 -  it a little easier, and in my view

Amish Psycho, who used to post here , sent me that to test and troubleshoot for him about a year or so ago. After a lot of work and evaluation, and me redesigning it to work properly he decided not to

Sorry man but not really.

Posted Images

Amish Psycho, who used to post here , sent me that to test and troubleshoot for him about a year or so ago. After a lot of work and evaluation, and me redesigning it to work properly he decided not to go forward with production because it was too labor intensive on his equipment. He was making them one at a time by hand on a CNC or something. He said he didn't think he could sell them for enough to make it worth his time. It counts as two parts because it also has it's own follower.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...amp;#entry50883

• Like 1
Tritium,your non converted S-12 with the Halo & 10rd mag is making me want another gun.Best looking non converted ive seen :up:

Thanks Pointer! I'm debating whether to leave it as is or do a PG and a folding SOCOM stock with some sort of wicked brake.

Thanks for the welcome, and I gotta say that I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's handiwork!

I only have the S-12, but the thought of adding some additional Saiga projects is very tempting. My girlfriend's father has an unconverted Saiga 308, and I wouldn't mind owning one, too.

My only question (so far) concerns the beadblasted bolts. Is it for improving the functioning or is it just to add a little character?

Scott

Thanks for the welcome, and I gotta say that I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's handiwork!

I only have the S-12, but the thought of adding some additional Saiga projects is very tempting. My girlfriend's father has an unconverted Saiga 308, and I wouldn't mind owning one, too.

My only question (so far) concerns the beadblasted bolts. Is it for improving the functioning or is it just to add a little character?

Scott

No just cosmetic.

I know this isn't a poll and I do really like all of these but if I put them in order I'd have Micah360's followed by equal second the wood furniture ones from Cobra and Dinzag.

The one thing I don't like on the stock Saiga is the forend and all of these have nice neat replacements. As soon as I can come up with a good forend mine will be joining them! Never liked skeleton stocks whether they fold or not, just a look thing for me and a nice simple but tasty setup is what floats my boat. There again if we were all the same there's be no interesting comparisons!

Love em all really!

Ya know, I'd like to see what Tony Rumore's favorite S12 that he owns looks like......seen a lot of his builds but I don't know if I've ever seen the one(s) that he calls his own. Bout time for an update on that mac daddy AK he was workin on too :sorcerer:

Cobra, Scoutjoe... where / when did you guys get those factory camo S12s?

One of the guys on the forum told me about it being in a gunshop somewhere in Tennesee and he had decided not to buy it. Second cheapest Saiga I ever bought besides my $50 S-410. I got it for $185 shipped.

Saw mine on a local shop shelf for $350 back when they were coming into the country, but alas I was in school and not making the $ to go pick it up. The day i went in for it, twas gone.

3 months later I walked back into the store saw it on the rack and snatched it right then. Owner returned it because "it was russian" looked to be unfired when I got it.

• 2 weeks later...

Shuffling posts to correct thread...

Wildcatter

Dec 1 2006, 10:41 PM IP: 24.153.230.52 | Post #19 |

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,727

Warn: (0%)

The AR sights that I installed in the Galil top cover are the best sight set-up I can imagine for the S12 plaform. Long sight radius and looks like it belongs there. I reaaaaalllly want do do another one in a shorty confiuration. I'm going to buy some nice walnut for that one. I'm really enjoying this thread. Keep it going. someone might convince me to figure out a way to mount a vertical grip on my next S12, walnut forend, and all..

Cobra, I love your blonde 12, man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Cobra! was just wondering if you are going to move you post about not making a new post on the s12 pic thread

without a new pic because it doesn't have a picture in it?

( hey, its is just a poor attempt to be funny but I most likely just sound like an ass... If i did, I'm sorry man!)

inparidel

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Jan 2 2007, 04:35 PM IP: 66.156.225.218 | Post #34 |

Executive Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 108

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?automo...er&user=108

Here's the gallery.

Hey Cobra! was just wondering if you are going to move you post about not making a new post on the s12 pic thread

without a new pic because it doesn't have a picture in it?

( hey, its is just a poor attempt to be funny but I most likely just sound like an ass... If i did, I'm sorry man!)

HAHAHAHA! Yeah you're just being a flea on this dog's ass. but at least you have a sense of humor and can appreciate what I'm trying to do...

No I thought I would leave that up as a reminder...like I said... :rolleyes:

;)

Holy Hooligan / Clockwork Christian / The Fist of GOD!

Group: Contributors

Member No.: 4,180

Like the green halo! awesome looking gun.

guido2

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Feb 4 2007, 08:36 AM IP: 209.99.19.8 | Post #40 |

Advanced Member

Group: Contributors

Member No.: 3,965

QUOTE(Juggernaut @ Feb 2 2007, 08:43 AM)

Like the green halo! awesome looking gun.

Hello, Juggernaut

Well, it's actually a "black anodized" Halo, but it is definately a different tint than the rest of the gun. I plan to remove it and probably Duracoat it in the future, until then, well, it just looks a bit un-integrated.

Thanks for the comments, though!

That was my first (of two) conversions, I learned a lot, but also can not emphasize enough just how simple the process is for anybody with the proper mindset and a few basic tools. Of course, there's no way it could compare with the professional touches TROMIX or Red Jacket would add, but it works....

BTW, left the "Valley Bitch" accessories off.....<LOL>

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston