Sister Thread to Picture Posts

Can someone tell me where I can get one of these stocks, or what they are called/who makes them. I saw several in the 22 page sin the pic thread, but no one called them anything other than "side folding stock"

gallery_1731_10_104435.jpg

I'd really like one for when I mod my S12!

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=59278

good luck

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, the upper Vepr looks exactly the same, as sell in Russia. Muzzle brake only different. Despite all its advantages, I do not like Vepr. I prefer Saiga 12K030 -  it a little easier, and in my view

Amish Psycho, who used to post here , sent me that to test and troubleshoot for him about a year or so ago. After a lot of work and evaluation, and me redesigning it to work properly he decided not to

Sorry man but not really.

Posted Images

Thank you. Unfortunately I always like the stuff that isn't just expensive, but difficult to modify/install. $239 for the stock is way out of my range, I'll be spending that on the rest of the project.

I believe for now I'll be putting an extra east German folding stock on mine until I can come up with something else, definitely going to need some padding or limbsaver or something on it though, lol.

Thanks again.

Can someone tell me where I can get one of these stocks, or what they are called/who makes them. I saw several in the 22 page sin the pic thread, but no one called them anything other than "side folding stock"

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=59286

K-var just got a shipment in...

• 1 month later...

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=59286

K-var just got a shipment in...

What are folks doing about the importation marks on the receiver where you have to cut out the hole for this folding stock? At least that's where mine is marked, right rear of the receiver. Sheesh.

Sorry if this question is a bit stupid, but am I the only one out there who uses a TAPCO collapsible car stock on their Saiga 12? I have heard from a few people around pawn shops in my area that collapsible car stocks on a semi-auto 12 gauge is considered illegal. I live in New Mexico by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done a conversion with a SGM stock? If so would it be possible throw a pic up? I've looked all over this form and haven't seen one yet. I'm in the middle of a S-12 conversion and with the videos and posts from this forum it has been a great help as I have slowly but surely polished bolt, cut feed ramp,install fcg,cut rear tang and install a internal reciever block. Again thanks to all for the pic's, posts' and vid's

Dunc :up: :up:

• 3 months later...

P1010034.JPG

You are 10x the man that I am....I wouldn't even be in the same room with that monster!!!

Reptiles don't bother me at all, used to collect snakes as a kid...

Speckled kings, black rats, milks, copperheads, cottonmouths, waters, bulls, corns.....etc

But big assed spiders?!?!?!? :cryss:

I hate freak'n spiders. Just plain mean. Can't tell you how many times I was bit by them in Okinawa. Just for no damn reason. However, the big ones don't really bother me. Just the evil little ones. Banana spiders, tarantulas, etc., no biggie. Snakes and most other critters, well, most of the time just leave them alone and they will do the same to you. But not evil little spiders....:) Oh yeah.....centipedes are evil to. Never been bit by one, but had a few of my men bit though. Hurts like hell from what they said.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this question is a bit stupid, but am I the only one out there who uses a TAPCO collapsible car stock on their Saiga 12? I have heard from a few people around pawn shops in my area that collapsible car stocks on a semi-auto 12 gauge is considered illegal. I live in New Mexico by the way.

I put one on mine. It's hear-say. It's a US made stock and counts toward your 922r compliance. I like the CAR style because I like shorter stocks to fight muscle fatigue and the tapco one the "tube" is polymer so it cuts down on over all mass.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm in New Mexico.

Whoever told you that is feeding you bullshit.

• 6 months later...

Converted my Saiga 12 433. I used my drill, a Dremel, a 4" thin cutting wheel on my 4.5" grinder, and riveting tools. No welding. Tapco internals, US floorplate, MDArms Flash hider.

The front latch cut and hole have not yet been done, I am waiting on parts.

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

I figured out that ties are a good way to capture the rear latch spring.

IMG_1239.jpg

I used some Alumablack on the bare metal, paint to come.

IMG_1242.jpg

excellent work, where or what happened to the linkage holes? How did you get rid of them without welding?

And where did you find the us floor plate?

Thanks

AZG

• Like 1

boomsticksforever dot com

They don't fit perfectly, too large, need fitting.

Sorry, didn't see your Q about the linkage holes. I riveted them and ground the rivets flush. you can see a ring on some of them, but that's OK. It's a lot better than holes. If I had access to welding equipment I'd weld them, because the rivets inside look like poop. Thankfully nobody will see them but me. The 2 extra holes on the bottom I re-squashed the old rivets to make sure they were tight and then ground them flush. The rear one needed grinding inside, too, to clear the rear trunnion. I think one pop with a punch and it would be gone, but it's in there good enough.

Edited by vicdoc
  • Like 1

Here are my first conversion the 410 underfolder most difficult conversion I ever did before finding this forum to help.

Below is big brother 12, mite underfolder it, still thinking on it.

IMAG0259.jpg

Just a heads up, this is the sister thread to the picture thread.

Upgraded the 12 ga to under folder with a mounting block instead of going thru the receiver add length to make up for Nato.

Really adds to the smile factor.

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

Very nice, where did ya get the setup?

• Like 1

The under folders came from centerfire ***used parts $49 each set, the mounting block was on *bay $29 for on the 12ga.

Seller started it wouldn't work on 12 ga. but a little fitting for safety and it was a done deal.

Unsure about posting where (don't think they are business listed on forum) but do searches with names and device, the block was under ak47.

Mods if not right please delete still making it thru all the guilds.

Edited by layback1962
  • Like 1

Question one:

Ordered under folder kits, and all 922r parts required to make compliant plus extras just in case.

Once under folder kit arrived milled out old rivets from rear trunion.

Photo copied each side of trunion actual size.

cut out copies and taped with top original rivet hole aligned with copy.Center punched hole from copy to receiver.

Drill hole small first them to size with step bit for large hole actual size for rivets.

Used new rivet kit, and home made air rivet tool from a air chisel i had.

Silver solder all extra holes closed

Assembled, all parts and test fire all ok, refinish to be done yet.

Even easier with under folder stock mounting block that is on the 12 ga. just assemble with under folder kit and screw onto stock bracket.

Question two: recoil is no different to me, smiling to much to notice.

Question three: I just started working on Saiga's a couple weeks ago and just joined thsi forum to learn more about the process, and what works for mags and drums. My next purchases.

• Like 1

I did the RSB with removable gas tube mod today. Can use regular handguards now providing I hog out the lower a little.

post-6703-0-71306700-1332371211_thumb.jpg

Great Job! would you mind explaining the Mod? Ive read the Dinzag directions but am still not sure about it as they dont go into too much detail. Wish someone would do a tutorial or something. If possible I would like to use a regular AK rear sight block with the leaver, but not sure what it involves. I know Dinzags gas tube screws into the RSB he makes. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

AZG

I did the RSB with removable gas tube mod today. Can use regular handguards now providing I hog out the lower a little.

post-6703-0-71306700-1332371211_thumb.jpg

Great Job! would you mind explaining the Mod? Ive read the Dinzag directions but am still not sure about it as they dont go into too much detail. Wish someone would do a tutorial or something. If possible I would like to use a regular AK rear sight block with the leaver, but not sure what it involves. I know Dinzags gas tube screws into the RSB he makes. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

AZG

The mod is taking a regular AK rear sight base and grinding enough material from it which is quite a bit on the S-12 ( I did a .410 and barely had to grind anything) so that it fits at the same height as the original. After getting it ground down and fitting at the right height. I had to add shims in between the RSB and the upper flange above the barrel pin on the trunnion to center it properly. I then clamped it all down and doubled checked everything then tack welded to the barrel and to the flanges on the trunnion. The next step which I think was the hardest was modifying a regular gas tube to make work. Once you get a measurement of the length between the RSB and the gas block I found that it would be shorter than where the front retainer was spot welded to the tube. I put a couple small tack welds the the inside (handguard side) of the retainer to keep it from coming off when I cut the gas tube. After I cut the gas tube I was left with the opening being a star shaped that needed to be round to fit the gas block flange. I used my vise and a Mapp gas torch and got the metal red hot and drove down a short 3/8" socket extension to flare the star shape out. The lower rear part of the gas tube needed to be ground flat and filed until i could flip the lever down.

I used this old picture from Dinzag to help

post-6703-0-64415400-1333059162_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Those underfolders are badass! You should post up a thread on how you did them... oh and here's a question: how does the recoil feel with that underfolder stock?

One more question, why don't you post more often?

fuuuuuckin BRUTAL with 3"ers..... the std rubber butt pads will work with them, and actually they have provisions for attaching to an underfolder molded into them...

• 1 month later...

I have the bull-pup on, it was an easy thing. Now I have to get the rail on the gas system so I can get the optic on it!

Congrats. Do you plan on doing a review on it? and until you get a rail for some optics, it would be good to brush up on your point shooting skills. Lord knows I need to.

Can you use the current sights at all with it the way it is currently?

Thanks

AZG

I have the bull-pup on, it was an easy thing. Now I have to get the rail on the gas system so I can get the optic on it!

Congrats. Do you plan on doing a review on it? and until you get a rail for some optics, it would be good to brush up on your point shooting skills. Lord knows I need to.

Can you use the current sights at all with it the way it is currently?

Thanks

AZG

I wouldn't know how to start a review, maybe I should look into that. I have fired it a couple times, I just have to keep in mind I have to fire it a few inches below where I want to hit. I'm getting an Ulitmak. Not many rails are designed for the gas tube.

The sites are well too low to use with the bullpup, unfortunately.

• 5 weeks later...