Sister Thread to Picture Posts

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, the upper Vepr looks exactly the same, as sell in Russia. Muzzle brake only different. Despite all its advantages, I do not like Vepr. I prefer Saiga 12K030 -  it a little easier, and in my view

Amish Psycho, who used to post here , sent me that to test and troubleshoot for him about a year or so ago. After a lot of work and evaluation, and me redesigning it to work properly he decided not to

Sorry man but not really.

Posted Images

Mine is really dull and boring compared to your guys' guns but I want mine to resemble a traditional AK.

e7ec986e.jpg

I'd like a front sight for it next but not sure which one to get yet. I hate the ones that have the Allen screws on the bottom.

Maybe try a Dinzag Front Sight Block. Unless thats the FS that your referring to with the allen screws? I happen to like it as they are hidden from sight on Dinzags model. Good luck and nice S12

photo3.jpg

Man, that Molot brake kills me, its fucking huge!

Dinzag's FSB is the way to go though, super clean look to it.

:lol: yes it is and has a fkn huge effect aswell. Makes slugs and buckshot feel like birdshot. Helps my follow ups :)

Alright here is the pic of my S-12 Restoration and reliability package done by National Firearms and National Firearms also did a cerakote black on frame and barrell and cerakote on the bolt carrier trigger guard and stock adapter then i placed a Chaos extended Quad rail with a front sight bead magpul AFG 1 ergo grip CAA check rest on stock limbsaver,Claw limited production flash hider breacher by guntec and did a grip tape job on the mag and grip stippling would have takin me longer than the tape let me know what you think the only issue i have had out of 300 rnds was a bad mag spring in a pro mag 10rnd replaced with stainless and problem solved

post-43077-0-07959300-1342714084_thumb.jpg

Edited by Warthog35F
  • 2 months later...

Parts are as follows:

Saiga 2006(ish) 12 guage German Government Edition ?????huh.png - 24" Barrel

Can you elaborate on this please? who told you it was a german govt. edition??

When it was sold to me, the seller (in his pitch) informed me that the IZ-122 was in current use for the German Govt.

The IZ-122 is the 24" Model.

I don't know if the seller was blowing smoke up my @$$ or not... The more I research, the more I think he might have been.

Your post lead me to research a bit, and I'm not finding much to corroborate this.

AZG, nice try, but you know that no one looks in this thread. lol

I know, I was bored. big_smile.gif

I'm new, so hunting through the forums, I came across your posts. The bad thing is that the updating on the forum doesn't show when someone quotes ya. Took a few days, but I am happy to reply...

• Like 1

When it was sold to me, the seller (in his pitch) informed me that the IZ-122 was in current use for the German Govt.

The IZ-122 is the 24" Model.

I don't know if the seller was blowing smoke up my @$$ or not... The more I research, the more I think he might have been.

Your post lead me to research a bit, and I'm not finding much to corroborate this.

ok, that's cool. I was just curious and had never heard that before. IMO he was/is FOS.

I'm new, so hunting through the forums, I came across your posts. The bad thing is that the updating on the forum doesn't show when someone quotes ya. Took a few days, but I am happy to reply...

I think you can edit your notification setting to notify of when someone comment to you in in a thread you've subscribed to.

I think you can edit your notification setting to notify of when someone comment to you in in a thread you've subscribed to.

Done, and done

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Izhmash 8 round mag (from post-apocolyptic)

Izhmash pistol grip (from nhresident)

G2 fire control group

Cobra Custom gas tube heat shield (from Cobra76two)

KA puck

Krebs offset VG rail

S.O.G. rubber vertical grip

Sweet Accessories! I like. How does the offset grip feel? Ive always wondered how it is.

It is probably one of those things that you just have to try to see if it is right for you, but I have really enjoyed it from day one. It was suggested to me in 08' by a member here and I am happy with the choice. It allows you to place it anywhere on the rail without worrying about mag insertion. I have moved it around over the years and settled on where it is now because I have 3 comfortable choices for gripping the gun.(VFG, gripping the forearm normally, and comfortably gripping the mag)

Another thing I liked in the beginning is that it is made in a way that you can attach a light to the same rail it is attached to and it does not interfere. I have removed the old light I had on it mainly due to weight of the light. When I want a light attached I attach a TLR-1sHP to the front of the bottom rail, but that is usually only when the power goes out in my neighborhood. I am glad that you like it, it really is perfect for me and my style, it is by far my favorite gun. (based merely on sheer firepower)

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Well, this is my first post, and will hopefully get some pictures up soon. I am currently stationed half way across the country from my FFL, and at home I have my first Saiga 12 waiting for me, as well as all of the parts. I am in the process of building a S-12 with the following parts:

Galil front hand guard and grip (Silver Crescent)

Galil style bracket hand guard adapter

Dinzag Short FSB

Dinzag AK 74 style brake

18.25" Overall Barrel Length

Triangle Side folder

3x Factory 8 round magazine

As soon as I hear back from Rifle Dynamics, I will be sending it in to them to get built. It should be a year or so until it gets completed, but I will be deployed, so I have nothing but time. I am hoping to get before and after pictures posted, but am just so excited about the build that I wanted to make a pre-picture post!

• 4 weeks later...

Can you tell me why there are visual looking stock saiga? Arsenal/kvar? They all look different then a IZ-109

Am I that noob?

Converted by distributor after import. Sold without any reliability improvements.

• 11 months later...

Legion USA, Saiga 12K!

attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG

You know the difference between a weapon with a white handguard from the usual black? cool.png

Hi Vinni83,

Sorry, for fear of being typed at in CAPITAL letters and angryanger.gif anger.gif anger.gif  faces being posted at me, I have to reply to you here. 

From my understanding, The white hand guard is because it was named the LEO model or Law Enforcement Officer model. Thus the white and black. Legionusa only imported a handful from what I understand. Well, with the white hand guard anyway. They still have the modified version with the chaos railed hand guard and 10 slot flash hider. 

big_smile.gif

Edited by AZG

From my understanding, The white hand guard is because it was named the LEO model or Law Enforcement Officer model. Thus the white and black. Legionusa only imported a handful from what I understand. Well, with the white hand guard anyway. They still have the modified version with the chaos railed hand guard and 10 slot flash hider. 

big_smile.gif

Hi.

Yes you are right.

White handguard denotes that these weapons made ​​specifically for non-governmental services  guard.. This means a little better the final assembly (higher control standards), and the absence of blocking fire, with butt folded. For the U.S., this is not of interest, but in Russia, private persons are not eligible to buy a it is weapon.

Just, white handguards this originally purely Russian option. Funny looks like a marketing ploy from Legionusa. huh.png 

Edited by vinni83

big_smile.gif

Hi.

Yes you are right.

White handguard denotes that these weapons made ​​specifically for non-governmental services  guard.. This means a little better the final assembly (higher control standards), and the absence of blocking fire, with butt folded. For the U.S., this is not of interest, but in Russia, private persons are not eligible to buy a it is weapon.

Just, white handguards this originally purely Russian option. Funny looks like a marketing ploy from Legionusa. huh.png

Legion USA or Aquilla Arms rather, also imported a handful of Russian marked Vepr 12s: 

V12004_zps8e4947fd.jpg

not sure if its a marketing ploy or not but I keep taking the bait. Love me some Authentic russian firearms that only you guys can get. Take it over a tromix anyday. 

The top Vepr 12 also does not shoot when folded, has railed gas block, shorter barrel, and railed forearm, just like you guys. 

V12003_zps1a698737.jpg

Edited by AZG
  • Like 1