Where's all the cheap .308 ammo?

Hello

I noticed that after sighting in my S-.308, and in anticipation of receiving my RRA LAR-10 soon, I may need to replenish my stocks in .308 ammo. Down to below 2k rounds, that's scary...

Anybody know of a dealer selling cases of Wolf (Saiga) or S. African (LAR-10) currently? I have seen the Brown Bear at "Cheaper than Dirt", I believe, and will get that if nothing else, but likely not good for the AR.

Seems there's quite a shortage in ammo lately.

Barely got a case of 12 gauge Wolf slugs yesterday, everybody is sold out.

Last week on Wednesday I saw .45 ACP UMC 250 round boxes for $56, came back to Gander Mt. Friday and they were $76!!! That's ridiculous! Well, not so ridiculous that I didn't score a couple before they took another breathtaking jump in price...But anyway, I'm thinking it's better now than later to replenish the ammo stocks.

Between Democrats and price-gouging, "buy now", I'm thinkin'....

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

The South African stuff has definately dried up. The Fun Show this weekend was out of any .308 cheap ammo. The ammo booth guy said he had 2 battlepacks when the show opened up, and one of the first guys through the door made a beeline to his booth and bought them.

Don't even want to talk about what he was selling x39 wolf for. Oh the horror.......

Wallyworld has the Federal 150 grain SP 20 for $9.83 down here in Florida and I found some 140 round battlepacks at Gunsmoke gun shop (mentioned not too kindly in the forums that go the wrong way thread) for $49.95 which seems to be a good deal nowadays.

By the way,I got good service at Gunsmoke

I guess most folks will get into reloading now

Quido, Thanks for the warning on the .45 cal ammo,I got 250 rounds UMC for around $50 at wallyworld too

Edited by Zoojelly

I got one of the 140 rd. packs 2 weeks ago for 40.

Wallyworld has the Federal 150 grain SP 20 for $9.83 down here in Florida and I found some 140 round battlepacks at Gunsmoke gun shop (mentioned not too kindly in the forums that go the wrong way thread) for $49.95 which seems to be a good deal nowadays.

By the way,I got good service at Gunsmoke

I guess most folks will get into reloading now

Quido, Thanks for the warning on the .45 cal ammo,I got 250 rounds UMC for around $50 at wallyworld too

Remember that commerical 308 is not made to the same specification as nato ammo. Thus the cases may not be anneled properly or give you case head seperations due to thinner brass. That said, just the surplus market goes in cycles, and no one has any surplus ammo in right now, I hear rumors of pakistani comeing in and I remember discussing weather to use it while southafrician was plentyful. Guess I should have stocked up on more.