SAIGA 12 BAYONETS

sorry if this seems like a lame question, but can you have both a shark break AND a bayonet at the same time on the Saiga-12? (I remember when I put an AK74 break on my WASR I couldnt use the bayonet anymore)

Mines also a M7.I had a takeoff Ar15 front site with lug.I just cut the lug off,contored it to the barrel then silver soldered it in place with 1200 degree solder.Then just painted the whole barrel with Hi temp paint that matched the gun.The diameter of the barrel ring was almost perfect,just needed filed a tad to open it up,fits perfect.

It would work with a brake if its not permently installed. It would have to sit behind the brake on the barrel. Also it will sit back farther exposing less blade at the end.

Edited by Pointer
sorry if this seems like a lame question, but can you have both a shark break AND a bayonet at the same time on the Saiga-12? (I remember when I put an AK74 break on my WASR I couldnt use the bayonet anymore)

Yes but only if your barrel is threaded. I adjusted my lug so that I can slip the loop over the threads and it locks in place right where the threads end and the loop snugs up against the step in the barrel. I can screw any of my brakes, hiders , or chokes on after to really lock it in place.

Yes but only if your barrel is threaded. I adjusted my lug so that I can slip the loop over the threads and it locks in place right where the threads end and the loop snugs up against the step in the barrel. I can screw any of my brakes, hiders , or chokes on after to really lock it in place.

I have one Saiga 12 with a plain 19 inch barrel,and the folder with the same length and the welded on choke tube for legal length.How would these affect mounting the bayonet?

I have one Saiga 12 with a plain 19 inch barrel,and the folder with the same length and the welded on choke tube for legal length.How would these affect mounting the bayonet?

On the plain bbl one there is no way to secure it at the front so it would be all wobbly if you really tried to use it.

With the choke tube the ring will fit around the outside of it and snug up against the taper. If you set your lug there it should be ok.

On the plain bbl one there is no way to secure it at the front so it would be all wobbly if you really tried to use it.

With the choke tube the ring will fit around the outside of it and snug up against the taper. If you set your lug there it should be ok.

What is the web site to get one???

• 7 years later...

I wouldn't mind a tube bayonet that could fit over the polychoke deluxe. 

A bayonet is good for probing the critters before field dressing them!  Saves a good bite or kick if they ain't dead yet!

Who says a bayonet doesn't have a sporting purpose!

• Like 1

I have my Bayo lug but not the actual bayonet ... where should the lug be mounted on a 19 inch threaded barrel for proper bayonet position?

Slide bayonet lug onto the barrel, once you get the bayonet, mount it, then slide the lug into place and lock the bayonet into it. Tighten set screws down. Game over. I could measure mine for you but that way is the best way to do it.

I'm assuming you have Dinzags bayonet lug? Will the m9 bayonet even fit the barrel, because I thought it was made to be used with his FSB muzzle attachments?

Edited by Mullet Man

Some of the old FAL bayonets are socket type. Wonder how easy it would be to adapt one of those to the S12?

The socket (which would be the handle of the bayonet), would have to be pretty large to fit over, and lock onto the flash hider of an s-12.

I wish I could find a lug for this bad boy! (too many projects - not enough time to make one)

It is the bayonet for a Chinese type 81 rifle, and as far as bayonets go..... it just looks bad ass!!!  

qok8.jpg

Some of the old FAL bayonets are socket type. Wonder how easy it would be to adapt one of those to the S12?

The socket (which would be the handle of the bayonet), would have to be pretty large to fit over, and lock onto the flash hider of an s-12.

I wish I could find a lug for this bad boy! (too many projects - not enough time to make one)

It is the bayonet for a Chinese type 81 rifle, and as far as bayonets go..... it just looks bad ass!!!  

qok8.jpg

That is cool. I like the double blood grooves on the blade.

I ran across some guy at a gun show that had a pile of bayonets, and had no idea what they were, or how much they were worth!!!

I negotiated to buy 8 of them for $100.00, which  besides this one, included a rare Eichorn used by SEAL teams in 'Nam and the Israelis on some of their Galils, an Izmash type 2, a couple of polish type 1's, a couple of Romanian type 2's, and a US M6 (for the M14).... all in excellent condition!

I ran across some guy at a gun show that had a pile of bayonets, and had no idea what they were, or how much they were worth!!!

I negotiated to buy 8 of them for $100.00, which  besides this one, included a rare Eichorn used by SEAL teams in 'Nam and the Israelis on some of their Galils, an Izmash type 2, a couple of polish type 1's, a couple of Romanian type 2's, and a US M6 (for the M14).... all in excellent condition!

He was probably a potato farmer

• Like 1

I've used a cheap BudK bayonet/bowie knife thing and an old CETME bayonet. The rings on both just fit over the threaded muzzle and locked on with the muzzle break. I never did have lug. But now with the bullpup I've just gone with an aggressive break as a standard bayonet won't work. Considering modding the CETME to fit the p-rail.