try to harden the stainless lips?

anybody try to spring temper or harden the stainless lips?

I loaded up my new 10 rounder, and about 5 rounds deep the lips came off and the mag dumped across the room... :cryss:

I took em off and squeezed them in, reinstalled, and it seems to hold. :unsure:

dry run, 9 rounds, perfect, in an old eaa 12.

can't wait for the new lips... but the plastic is fabulouse! :wub:

inserting with 9 loaded and bolt closed is impossible... no biggie, overall, i'm happy, i'll take 4 more deffinitly, (with the new lips :haha: )

Tried it. No good. It's 304 stainless and is completely unhardenable.

The replacment spring steel ones will be done and shipped out in the next couple weeks.

Kevin

What about people who ordered from TGS? Will they get new lips shipped?

I emailed the guy I got it from (buttdope from gunbroker) , he said he would ship the new ones dirrectly to me, no need to try to track down the manufacturer.

:haha:

Oh, and I did FINALY maqnage to get a mag inserted on a closed bolt... it CAN be done... just not very easy to do.

time for a bho safety, ace folding stock, and a bayo lug from tromix :super:

I played with it some more. on round #10 it wanted to hang up, but I DO have the old style saiga, and 9 functions perfect. (nothing a little dremmel work won't cure) :wub::wub::wub:

I have to dissagree with the guy that says that loading them from a closed bolt is impossible. I can load my dads 10 rounders from a closed bolt alday long, it just takes a couple of hours of good practise and you will be ready to rock and lock from a closed bolt very freaking fast! I never could load the eights but the tens are a peice of cake. Just sit down and practise your technique.

I have to dissagree with the guy that says that loading them from a closed bolt is impossible. I can load my dads 10 rounders from a closed bolt alday long, it just takes a couple of hours of good practise and you will be ready to rock and lock from a closed bolt very freaking fast! I never could load the eights but the tens are a peice of cake. Just sit down and practise your technique.

+1 it's all in the technique. Just like the factory mags the easiest way is to depress the mag spring while hooking the front lug then rock into place, easy as pie.