Range report.

Okay, I'm impressed. I was expecting 3 or 4 inch groups at 100 and got 1 to 2 inch groups with open sights. The only problem is the front sight is right of center so all my groups were way left. Can I just knock it back in line? It probably says how to adjust windage in the manual but I lost it already.

I've got an RSA trigger coming, along with the rest of the conversion parts. I'll start on that next week. I think I'll scope it and really see what it can do. 4X should be just right.

I can't believe I haven't picked up one of these babys before now. Definitely a keeper.

Edited by Ding Chavez

1-2moa?! Nice!

will there be a scoped test anytime soon?

Okay, I'm impressed. I was expecting 3 or 4 inch groups at 100 and got 1 to 2 inch groups with open sights. The only problem is the front sight is right of center so all my groups were way left. Can I just knock it back in line? It probably says how to adjust windage in the manual but I lost it already.

I've got an RSA trigger coming, along with the rest of the conversion parts. I'll start on that next week. I think I'll scope it and really see what it can do. 4X should be just right.

I can't believe I haven't picked up one of these babys before now. Definitely a keeper.

This one is a 22". I was able to adjust the front sight with a Remington bolt disassembly tool with a 1/2" socket for a spacer to allow the pin to move the way I wanted it to go. Basically a c-clamp. It was awkward but it did the job. Also stuck in a piece of brass on the working end so it would be easier on the sight.

Sounds like the Russian scopes work pretty good so that's probably next after the conversion.