Saiga 12 saves the day

Well I had to do something I don't like doing this morning. <_<

Had to stare an animal in the face and blast him without plans to eat him later. I looked out the window and there was an obviously rabid coon wandering around aimlessly in the back yard. Poor little dude was out of his mind and would have suffered for several more days before it took him out competely. He had a spooky crazy look in his eyes when I approached him with a mag full of 00 buck. Instead of hauling ass up the tree that was ten feet away he just slowly walked around in a half circle like he might even charge. It wasn't old enough to be senile and coons don't just walk around on the ground in the daytime in people's back yards so he had to go. 00 makes short order out of a job like that at ten foot range. Felt sorry for him but he was suffering and my cat sometimes thinks it's a Tiger and picks fights with animals bigger than it can handle.

Wierd thing is it was exactly 2 years ago to the day that the same thing happened with a fox back there.

Good call man. Yeah everything's all scooped up in a trash bag now.

Dinzag, cobra venom is way more toxic than buckshot or rabies...lol.

Gang violence, sorry about that, now that would suck!

It could have been alot worse! I thought the topic was going to be about gang violence, and thought to myself, Oh shit, there goes my saiga...

hell yeah that is what i thought also when i first saw the thread. I was like oh shit here we go.

Yeah I'm gonna change that headline, it's scary just to think about that.

I know how you feel bro. I like coons, but this one was gonna gut my buddys cat.

We were gettin all hammered in the garage, and his cat started screaming. Poor sucker was at the sliding glass door lookin pretty spooked, and that coon was eating his cat food hissing at him.

One shot minimag hollow point.

post-1936-1165543007_thumb.jpg

post-1936-1165543224_thumb.jpg

Good call man. Yeah everything's all scooped up in a trash bag now.

Dinzag, cobra venom is way more toxic than buckshot or rabies...lol.

Gang violence, sorry about that, now that would suck!

Be glad you got it before your little "lion" did, and got infected. It'd been much more of a drag having to do your feline friend. I know, I am a cat dude myself.

Hello, Cobra

Probably don't need to say this, but make sure all the DNA is picked up...Doesn't take much to infect something else.

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

How long does the virus stay live on the ground? should you torch the area after that?

I know how you feel bro. I like coons, but this one was gonna gut my buddys cat.

We were gettin all hammered in the garage, and his cat started screaming. Poor sucker was at the sliding glass door lookin pretty spooked, and that coon was eating his cat food hissing at him.

One shot minimag hollow point.

GB, that Ka-bar is the perfect touch!!

acute transcoropreal high velocity lead administration.

Hmm... I'd always heard: "Acute Cranial Lead Poisoning".

But yeah. Rabbid raccoons are no fun. Took out 3 on a friends property: Two with an AR (~50-75 yards), and one more with a 1911 (too damn close while cleaning up). Never been charged by an animal before, so I was glad JMB's gift to mankind was sitting on my hip (the AR was, uselessly, slung over the shoulder). Somehow I emptied 15 rounds into the little bugger, and I don't remember dropping the first 8 round magazine.

Now days I won't walk around his property without some sort of high velocity animal aeration device in my hand or on my hip.

acute transcoropreal high velocity lead administration.

Hmm... I'd always heard: "Acute Cranial Lead Poisoning".

But yeah. Rabbid raccoons are no fun. Took out 3 on a friends property: Two with an AR (~50-75 yards), and one more with a 1911 (too damn close while cleaning up). Never been charged by an animal before, so I was glad JMB's gift to mankind was sitting on my hip (the AR was, uselessly, slung over the shoulder). Somehow I emptied 15 rounds into the little bugger, and I don't remember dropping the first 8 round magazine.

Now days I won't walk around his property without some sort of high velocity animal aeration device in my hand or on my hip.

I've seen a rabid rabbit (yes, it sounds funny when you say it) chase people before a friend took a shovel to it. We assume it was rabies but I am told Rabbits seldom get infected. Either way, this one was wild and narley looking. Reminded me of Monty Python, "IT'S GOT TEETH!".