AKM gas tube

AKM Blonde furniture set

U.S. AK-74 style brake

U.S. RSA Adjustable FCG

U.S. Gas Piston

U.S. FBMG 20 rounder :smoke:

Edited by dinzag

Saiga_308.jpg

Just came home yesterday.Barrel turned down new FSB with detent,threaded 14x1LH,Snake Brake (Added for recoil reduction and to annoy those around me at the range)G2 FCG Choate Drag stock,HG vented.

Not the best pic but it is a nice thing to behold up close,if only my damn mag would get here.

Edited by TEXASAK73

I've been waiting for a thread like this since I got my S-308 back from the shop. This conversion was done by the guys at Idaho Armament Company. I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish of the rifle; no rattle on the buttstock (not yet anyway) and the retaining piece for the lower handguard came out very well. The parts on labor on this one cost me just under $640. And yes, I am advertising for Idaho Armament Company -- not because I have any affiliation with them, but because they did a superb job.

10-06011.jpg

10-06010.jpg

10-06012.jpg

I apologize for the crappy picture quality.

Edited by Mr_Krebbs
I've been waiting for a thread like this since I got my S-308 back from the shop. This conversion was done by the guys at Idaho Armament Company. I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish of the rifle; no rattle on the buttstock (not yet anyway) and the retaining piece for the lower handguard came out very well. The parts on labor on this one cost me just under $640. And yes, I am advertising for Idaho Armament Company -- not because I have any affiliation with them, but because they did a superb job.

10-06011.jpg

10-06010.jpg

10-06012.jpg

I apologize for the crappy picture quality.

Ok, how did they get the flash suppressor on? Is that the tapco forend for saigas?

Ok, how did they get the flash suppressor on? Is that the tapco forend for saigas?

The front sight is actually Bulgarian and not stock. I assume that is how they got the flash suppressor on it; I know they had to press the barrel off in order to build it. My lack of knowledge in this arena is one reason I didn't attempt the conversion myself.

The complete stock set (Tapco, yes) is for an AK. I think they did pretty much the same process that dinzag mentions doing in his thread on his rifle.

(Edited to remove a second requote of my original post.)

Edited by Mr_Krebbs

10-14-06073.jpg

top one:

Ace side folder

Falcon ergo grip old style

RSA trigger group

Bushnell Trophy 1.75x4 brush scope

So called "Ace" cheek piece, didn't want to stay on, has a piece of tool box liner under it to take up the slop

bottom:

unconverted EAA import

Havoc fabricated laminate (birch plywood) stock with aluminum cheek piece

POSP 4x8 scope

pansy print bed spread/sheet set, 300 thread count.

Havoc

Edited by Havoc308

Please tell me more about this beautiful stock, what it is called, where it is sold, how easy it is to fit, and of course how much it costs!

I'll sit here, stare and salivate until I hear back from you.

It's a PRS-AR15 From Magpul. It requires an AR-15 buttstock adapter and an AR buffer tube. They were making one for AK's but it wasn't inline with the bore. You can order it straight from Magpul (I got mine next day) or from a few different etailers. I think the going retail rate is about $255.

Steep I guess but nevertheless. I was able to adjust it to a perfect fit for me with just the right amount of eye relief... and I have really long arms.

Here's my Saiganov 22".

Modded PSL forearm, cheapo thumbhole stock, RSA FCG, TAPCO gas piston, US FH

Mvc-019s.jpg

MVC-020S.JPG

Currently working on a 16", going to G3 sights, ACE AR stock, Ergo grip, and a G2 FCG. Also adding a picatinny rail on the top cover for a Kobra.

No pics till it's done.

gallery_2033_8_73681.jpg

That's pretty sweet. Where'd you get the stock and grip? I was going to leave mine stock, but I've heard the call and now I'm shopping around for pg conversion parts :-)

-chris

I bought the stock from Blackjack Buffers and I don't remember where I bought that particular Tapco SAW p-grip, but they are available all over the place.

• 2 years later...

Here is my build. I have a seperate thread with more detailed info, but here is what I have:

Krebs quick detach scope mount/rear sight

SPOT red dot sight (to be replaced with a low-power variable scope-Trijicon TR-24 Accupoint, Meopta K-dot, Millet DMS-1)

Bulgarian/K-var side folder w/ exposed folder block (works extremely well with the Krebs scope mount)

Barrel threaded and shortened to 18" by King Armory-great work and good to work with

Dinzag trigger guard kit

Surefire old school barrel clamp for a Insight pistol light

Surefire 20rd mags

Red Star FCG (Vepr .308 model)

Krebs fcg retaining plate (worth every penny and more)

3298438613_4546546a5a_b.jpg

3299266126_77a09b0438_b.jpg