Good buy on Picatinny rail blanks

Just thought I'd pass this on since a lot of you do projects. I've picked 16" picatinny rail blanks from a seller

on Ebay (egw1), listed under "scope mount extrusions". Won auctions at $16 and $20 and he seems to have quite a bit of it. One style (16") has cross cuts, one is raw rail(24"), both are tall enough to cut to whatever heigth you need. Measures out very consistantly. Hate to sound like an add, but it's good project stuff at a decent price if you bid right and auctions seen to run about two a day.

post-1866-1166063362.jpg

Just thought I'd pass this on since a lot of you do projects. I've picked 16" picatinny rail blanks from a seller

on Ebay (egw1), listed under "scope mount extrusions". Won auctions at $16 and $20 and he seems to have quite a bit of it. One style (16") has cross cuts, one is raw rail(24"), both are tall enough to cut to whatever heigth you need. Measures out very consistantly. Hate to sound like an add, but it's good project stuff at a decent price if you bid right and auctions seen to run about two a day.

Just checked Ebay and couldn't find 'em listed. Does he have an email address?

buckmeister

Here's a link for some lengths of steel or aluminum, but it's not cheap.

http://www.mountsplus.com/thestore/BYO.html

Anyone have some sources for steel at a good price I'd be interested too. One of the best uses I can think of off the top of my head would be attaching (welding) to the S12 gas block

Those steel blanks are pricey!!!

Someone ought to get some and cut them down to differing lengths then mill a dovetail tab to slip them into the cut on the S12 piston guide block.

Here's a link to a place that has pretty good pricing for pic rail blanks in both stainless and mild steel. It doesn't list it on the site but they may still make 'em. Got a 12" section of it from 'em for less than what those mounts plus guys are charging for 1/2 that size in mild steel. Just give 'em a ring or e-mail and see what they say. http://www.midwestcuttingtools.com/