Scope mounts and cleaning

Hello all,

What's the best way to clean a saiga if you are using a typical, ak-47 style, clip on the left side mount? Do you try to slip all the action parts around the scope mount, or can you take the mount on and off and assume everything will still be more or less sighted in?

Also, on a .308, would it even be worthwhile to put on a big, wal-mart style, 4x hunting scope, or would the recoil knock everything out of square in a shot or two?

Thanks all.

If you use a quality (read: Original Russian/Belorussian) side mount scope you should be able to remove the mount do your maintenance and remount the optic with no loss of zero. Personally I think you are far better off purchasing a Russian (Belorussian) scope with attached mount add an optic to your .308 Saiga. They are great scopes and represent a great value as well as looking very nice and proper. See below for pics of mine so scoped:

Saiga 7.62X51 scoped with 8X42 POSP Belorussian Scope

phoglund,

OH MY GOD!

Is that a view from your back porch! :eek: Count your blessings my brother!

I live in Connecticut and while I do like my life here, there is NOWHERE to shoot without a club.

I am trying to get into a hunting club which has a 100 member limit. I am #30 on the membership list.

Fortunately, I can shoot there with a friend.

Back to the topic.

A Russian POSP scope is great and holds zero after removal if you make sure that the clamp is tightened properly.

• 2 weeks later...