cheap .308 ammo?

i just got my confirmation email. :) i hope it gets here quick.

they also have the wolf .223 for a pretty good price and the shipping was only $8.50 for the 308. course i'm pretty close to them, they're in ala. i think.

if you want to find it, put wolf in the search box on the site, or put ammunition in.

the other 308 they have is century arms ammo, but i've never heard if it's good or not.

"I can't say exactly for sure right now. But I would think we should

have a new shipment sometime in January. I am trying to get a

definitive answer from the manufacturer, but due to Christmas, it's

hard to get a hold of the right person.

I'll keep you posted."

the closest gander is 277 miles away. :ded:

i wish they'd go internet or open a store closer to me.

thanks for the info though.

Ahh sorry to hear that. Your not missing much. I dont care for it other than that amo. I much perfer Bass Pro! Now that there is a store.

i got the same basic email as redman. they expect to have it sometime in jan. they said they'd keep me posted.

they better stick to that price. sg tried upping the price on a backorder once. told them i had a receipt for the lower price and they better honor it. after a little grief, they did honor it.

i just ordered some pakistani from wideners. it should last for awhile.

When this was first posted I ordered and then later today I get an email from them saying it is on backorder. I canceled they order but the responded I would have to wait for the end of the week for a chargeback on my credit card. Why are they charging my credit card if they don't even have the ammo in stock? I already have ammo on backorder with other vendors and they don't charge until they ship..Bad way to do business in my opinion when vendors can wait up to 6 months to get ammo from Wolf.

Edited by Mak

Hello

Any idea what the difference is between regular "budget" Wolf. and the "Classic Military" stuff? I got some "Classic military" in 7.62x.39 and it had the reddish sealant between the bullet and casing, also was hollow point bullet. I've seen the .308 in CM as well, I wonder if that is the "new and improved" Wolf, or what. Seems to be a slightly steeper price.

Any experiences or opinions on this?

What is the general consensus on the Brown/Silver Bear stuff? I'm trying to hold out for more Wolf to arrive, I wonder if I should spring for the Bear stuff?

Any opinions or advice will be much appreciated...

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

Hello

Ammoman is out, as well. There is a blurb on there that Wolf is going to undergo a price increase at the first of the year....Like I need MORE reasons to replenish the stockpile!

Hoping Ammoman gets more by the end of December and posts it at the 149/500 price.

Guido2 in Houston

Try AmmoMan

one thing you need to be careful about, .308 and 7.62X51 NATO is NOT the same thing.

true, but the Saiga doesn't care. :wolfwood:

True, I've never shot a .308 from my 308 Saiga yet, just 7.62x51

it is possible to find 7.62 NATO that will not chamber in a .308. I had a case of Israeli 7.62 that would not go in a M78 Valmet I had at the time.

Gander Mt has cheap wolf ammo. $3.97 a box if that helps anybody.

Hello, Mac54

Found "Golden <shower> Tiger" in 7.62x.39 for cheap yesterday at GM, but the one near my house didn't have any .308 bulk or any Wolf in anything available.

Guess I missed the boat....

Thanks for the tip...

Guido2 in Houston