Word of advice,buy your Galil mags soon

Theres a web board thats gonna have a group buy of rebuilt Israeli Galil's so you can bet these guys are gonna buy them up.This happened with the East German Weger .223 mags that were so plentyful,then poof were gone.So you better order yours from CDNN while the gettin is good.

edit: Word is that over 30,000 Galil kits are headed to the states.Century Arms WILL also be building complete rifles.

(EDIT): 2/2/07 CDNN just raised the price of the Orlites from $9.99 to $14.99 :smoke:

Edited by Pointer
Theres a web board thats gonna have a group buy of rebuilt Israeli Galil's so you can bet these guys are gonna buy them up.This happened with the East German Weger .223 mags that were so plentyful,then poof were gone.So you better order yours from CDNN while the gettin is good.

Plus, the demand will probably increase here, because Dinzag's Galil Orlite/Bulgy bullet guides are now available. (I installed one of his bullet guides last weekend, and ran about 100 rounds through the Saiga, using 5 different Galil mags, without even a single failure to feed! Thanks again to Dinzag, and Vjor & Angrydutchman as well! ;>) I'm glad I got a bunch of the used Galil Orlites before CDNN ran out, but in all honesty, $10 for a brand new military 35-rd mag is still a killer deal. And the 12-rd steel Galil mags make nice range mags, although I had to do a little work on the left side feed lips, to keep the bolt from riding over the top cartridge on that side...

I received the same email,and with Galil SER selling for $1000 they're all going to sell.

Yep,im a member there,theres now 6 pages of posts of "Ill take one" for the Galili rifle that will be offered".Its still in the works but there already posting that there ordering the mags.

Damn...Damn...Damn.... I have to wait till the open up. As usual .... since we are not part of the USA... I have to get a human on the phone order... only to told/reminded that shipping to Alaska will be expensive. Nobody but FBMG use's USPS.. everyone wants to use USP and jack up the price.

I know whos doing the GB .. but still.. your talking roughly a 450 ish with shipping kit and still having to spend another 350 to 450 not shipped for for an "in the white" receiver. As for the "man" not knowing about your kit build, no 80%ers on those milled ones. Thats still an investment of 800 to 1000 for a gun you can buy finished from a gunsmith for 1699.00 give or take. Yes its a markup but if you can afford to throw around a grand for a "kit" whats another 700 for a pro-built one. my 2cents

Heres the deal I jumped on............. http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/ steel galil 50rnd .. 25$ each or 5 for 100$

That looks like a good price for the 50-rd mag. I keep talking myself out of buying one, though, because I got 35-rd mags for $5 each. Of course, if I don't buy at least one, I'll kick myself for not buying when the price was cheap!

;>)

I bought my Galils over 20 years ago.

I bought four 50 round mags at that time.

50 round mags have an appeal because of the sheer capacity, but, they are just about wholly unpractical. Too heavy when loaded and waaaay too long for me. You can't use the 50 round mags with a bipod since they are too long.

They feed well though. The Israelis build reliable stuff.

I loaded mine up several times 20+ years ago and haven't used them since. I will keep them as a novelty, but, the 35 round Orlite mags is what I would stock up on. 35 round is a 'just right' load.

Edited by Oswald2001
I know whos doing the GB .. but still.. your talking roughly a 450 ish with shipping kit and still having to spend another 350 to 450 not shipped for for an "in the white" receiver. As for the "man" not knowing about your kit build, no 80%ers on those milled ones. Thats still an investment of 800 to 1000 for a gun you can buy finished from a gunsmith for 1699.00 give or take. Yes its a markup but if you can afford to throw around a grand for a "kit" whats another 700 for a pro-built one. my 2cents

These will be fully built Galil Ser 2,s with new barrels then assembled by Inrange and recievers provided by Ohio Rapid Fire,thats why its such a good deal.Also they will be cutom engraved with the Hebrew markings.

Edited by Pointer
  • 1 month later...

edit: Word is that over 30,000 Galil kits are headed to the states.Century Arms WILL also be building complete rifles.

(EDIT): 2/2/07 CDNN just raised the price of the Orlites from $9.99 to $14.99 :smoke:

Holy CRAP! I just got 3 more just before the price change. Nice. Take a look around. Cheaperthandirt is selling a used Galil mag for $35 dollars.(Not new) I would buy them from CDNN their still cheaper than any one else. :rolleyes:

Dinzag Great bullet guide. :smoke:

Edited by caned45

Holy CRAP! I just got 3 more just before the price change. Nice. Take a look around. Cheaperthandirt is selling a used Galil mag for $35 dollars.(Not new) I would buy them from CDNN their still cheaper than any one else. :rolleyes:

I hadn't heard about the price increase. A word to the wise - a 'like-new,' 35-rd military mag for $14.99 is still a great deal. When the Orlites are gone, I assume we're back to the Bulgy mags (if they're still available, with a D*mocrat Congress). And what's the price? - $20 or better each? Three Bulgy's, or 4 Orlites - your choice. And do the Bulgy's have steel reinforced feed lips? I honestly don't know...

(Of course, for all I know, some guy has 700 million Orlites stashed, that he's just waiting to dump on the market. I am not rich, which proves beyond a doubt that I can not predict the future! ;>)

(But I'm glad I got a bunch of Orlites at $5 each! I actually bought the mags BEFORE I bought the Saiga - that's how important I consider magazines. FWIW, I can predict the future that far: do not pass up like-new, mil-spec, 35-rd mags at $5 each! And $14.99 is not, in my experience, a bad deal either - just look at AR mags. Finally, another word to the wise: mags are just as important as the firearm - without one, the other doesn't do you much good, so buy a bunch... ;>)

Obviously, your mileage may vary, etc., etc.

;>)

I hadn't heard about the price increase. A word to the wise - a 'like-new,' 35-rd military mag for $14.99 is still a great deal. When the Orlites are gone, I assume we're back to the Bulgy mags (if they're still available, with a D*mocrat Congress). And what's the price? - $20 or better each? Three Bulgy's, or 4 Orlites - your choice. And do the Bulgy's have steel reinforced feed lips? I honestly don't know...

(Of course, for all I know, some guy has 700 million Orlites stashed, that he's just waiting to dump on the market. I am not rich, which proves beyond a doubt that I can not predict the future! ;>)

(But I'm glad I got a bunch of Orlites at $5 each! I actually bought the mags BEFORE I bought the Saiga - that's how important I consider magazines. FWIW, I can predict the future that far: do not pass up like-new, mil-spec, 35-rd mags at $5 each! And $14.99 is not, in my experience, a bad deal either - just look at AR mags. Finally, another word to the wise: mags are just as important as the firearm - without one, the other doesn't do you much good, so buy a bunch... ;>)

Obviously, your mileage may vary, etc., etc.

;>)

At the Last gun show I saw Bulgy .223 mags for $27 each. You might get a better price but with shipping I doubt it. Me Too. I order the mags before I bought the rifle. Huh. :killer:

At the Last gun show I saw Bulgy .223 mags for $27 each. You might get a better price but with shipping I doubt it. Me Too. I order the mags before I bought the rifle. Huh.

Smart! Cheap mags beat expensive mags (or even medium-priced mags, of equal quality ;>). And if you ever try to put together a good combination of rifle & magazines, and wind up with one, and not the other, I would suggest that it will be easier to sell the mags (without the rifle) than the rifle (without the mags).

Just my opinion.

;>)

Is a Galil magazine compatible with the Saiga .223?

Yes,and my opinion is they are the most dependable,easyest to convert,and at the present/past time are the cheapest.Plus you get 35rds instead of 30. :devil:

Interesting.

Well, I guess I'll grab some of the 50-rounders while I'm there.

Is a Galil magazine compatible with the Saiga .223?

Yes,and my opinion is they are the most dependable,easyest to convert,and at the present/past time are the cheapest.Plus you get 35rds instead of 30. :devil:

Interesting.

Well, I guess I'll grab some of the 50-rounders while I'm there.

You might want to look into the 50rounders before buying,there alot more finiky than the 35rd Orlites for the Saiga.Wouldnt hurt to get one ore two anyway,there only going to go up in price.