Post Conversion Pics!

I bought a Saiga 7.62x39 that had 300 rounds through it and a half case of wolf ammo for $200 last night!

I'm ready to order my parts to do my conversion but i'm not sure which parts I want/need. Although they're listed on the shieks website I know there are different stocks and things you can get for em. I just wanna see what everyone else did so I can get these parts coming.

I used a k-var buttstock-Nato length, Tapco Saw pistol grip, and Tapco G2 trigger group. I was very happy with the G2 group droped in fine and works great. My rifle had the pistol grip hole and trigger holes in the right locations under the plate I had to file the trigger hole slightly so the new trigger didn't bind. Don't waste your money on buying a bullet guide. You have to modify it anyway and a piece of a pipe nipple works better anyway. Just let the bolt be your guide when trimming it up. I hope you have good luck.

Oh by the way getting that old trigger guard off can be a pain. The spot weld is a bitch to drill through. After about a half hour, a hundred 4 letter words, and just about enuff fustration to order a new one, I used a oxyacetalene torch to heat the SOB red hot and stuck it in my drill press and it punched through that weld instantly. wish I had thought of that sooner. Have fun.

You still need to get that little spring out of the disconector. Just use your 1/4 bit (I think) and take the rim off of the sleave that holds the original trigger group together and tap it out (like when you take the trigger group rivits out) and then you can reassemble the G2 trigger and just drop it in. As I said before, check that the hole is big enough I just had to file the corners square they were rounded off, but otherwise the hole under that thing that is the same as the normal AK trigger Top. I have no idea what it is called on an original Saiga. Otherwise I think tapco has the spring for sale seperatly under small parts. If you are going to order anything also buy a new retaining spring for the pins. You can make the original work with the screw posts like on sheiks (I think I am refering to the same how to) , but I had to grind the pistol grip nut to allow the screw post to pass by. If I were doing this again, I would just purchase the retaing spring and use rivits to cover the holes. I know its a little more, but consider the saw grip esp if you have large hands. It is much better then the standard grip You will love the conversion esp if you bump fire--Keep working on it

Don't touch any "machining" equipment!!!!! an good hand drill, and a Dremel will do it. I went down to my local hock shop (for another poject) and picked up a dremel set for $20 for a GOOD one with lot's of bits. A couple other man.'s make rotary tools, black'n decker is good also. It's a handy tool when you need one, too.

-It's so easy, the complication's all in your mind!!!!!!!

Get us - we're promoting a saiga army!