922 compliance - american made followers, floorplate, forestock

I am trying to get my rifle into compliance so I can use the Surefire 30-rounders. I assume that the Surefire magazines count as 0 compliance parts, but with American parts, they help the total. There must be someone whoe makse followers or floorplates that would fit. Also - does anyone make (in the US) a basic, inexpensive black plastic forestock? That would also help with the parts total.

Thanks!

I am not familiar with the mags you are referring to, but www.midwestarmory.com has Saiga compatible Galil style U.S. made forends for about $50 + 3.85 shipping.

I have bought from there on several occasions and although it can take a little while for them to ship you will not find better prices anywhere. The guy who runs that site goes by "The Duke Ryan" on akforum.net and ar15.com and is a good guy.

No one has an American-made follower for a .223 magazie? Seemslike a natural and cheap way to get the import count down. Unless we are claiming the Surefires are American made.

Roscoe. I couldn't find any info on the Surefire mags you asked about, where did you get yours? I asked Havoc308 in the above post about using AR15 followers in the Galil .223 mags and they can be massaged to fit in the Galils,but don't feed well even with dinzags bullet guide. Tell us more about your Surefire mags (source, intended rifle application etc.) Robinson Arms makes a (U.S.)follower to fit 5.45x39 magazines. The 7.62x39 AK mags just won't work from what I've heard, because of case,bullet and feedlips dimensions. Good luck, bikes

I am surprised that you haven't heard of Surefires - I know they are selling like crazy at sksman. They are basically German Weigers that the company has converted to Saiga specs by adding metal. They are very pricey - $50, but require absoluteley no modifications to anything. And, when you consider that a factory Saiga mag is $35, that really aint bad. They lock up solidly and appear to be reasonably well made.

One thing I am trying to figure out whether they count towards the 922 compliance in any way. Does the fact that the modified the mag body mean it is now a US part?

But, even if not, it would be nice to have a US follower as a cheap way to up the US parts count.

the magazines are at:

http://www.sksman.com/acces/Saiga%20magazines.php

sai223_30rd.jpg

Edited by roscoe
One thing I am trying to figure out whether they count towards the 922 compliance in any way. Does the fact that the modified the mag body mean it is now a US part?

When the chips are down, I doubt they will count as US parts. My thought is that if ATF is fucking with you over a 922R violation, it is going to be an overzealous asshole. Even more so, if they are bringing up 922R, then they are mostly after you for something else and throwing 922R in as an afterthought or using 922R to get their foot in the door. Either way, if you are put in a legal situation where how many U.S. made parts make a difference, then how much are you paying your lawyer per hour to argue in your favor?

I dunno, tomorrow they (BATFE) could legally start comming to ranges and looking for shit like 922R to arrest people for. It is doubtful, but it could happen. Who knows, the next President might give them carte blanche to go around harrassing gun owners. Who knows what Saiga owners are in for in the comming dark times.

In short, if you are going to participate in the parts game, then don't leave anything to doubt. Either ignore 922R or play it to the max. Because if it matters, you can bet your ass that Uncle BATFuck is going to pronounce it "foriegn".