Ok after two failed attempts to try and post a poll about forum donations, who has donated, who hasn't, how much, and why or why not, I'm tired of trying so lets just skip the BS and get right down to it.

1. Have any of you ever benefitted from knowledge obtained here on saiga-12.com?

2. Have any of you ever benefitted monetarily (made a profit) from buying or selling items, services, or weapons on or thru this site?

3. Do you think it's fair for someone who runs an awesome forum like this out of his own pocket to ask for occasional donations, even if they are strictly voluntary?

4. Do you think it's worth sending the forum a little cash once in awhile for the good info, advertising, or money that you receive as a direct result of using this forum?

5. Do you like the way Makc and the Mods run this place and keep it updated to the latest software upgrades and memory to allow all these cool pics everyone loves to see? That stuff costs big bucks and it hit Makc right before Christmas this time.

6. Would you like to continue to be able to buy and sell guns and parts thru the forum without having to pay a monthly fee to use the for sale forum?

7. Would you dealers and people who do a lot of extra business because of this forum agree to donate some portion of those profits back to the forum every time you profit from business gotten from here?

8. Am I starting to sound like a broken record yet?...

My answers to all these questions are YES. I was one of the first to donate any money to this site and have donated more since, along with the huge amount of time I donate here almost every day.

Now bear with me a minute while I relate something else I deal with every day...

I run a private disc golf course here on my land and I am personally responsible for all the upkeep and work that goes into keeping it hospitable and functional for the guests, as well as private members who frequently enjoy it. We have tournaments often to help raise money to offset the costs of the upkeep. I know exactly how it feels to offer something beautiful to the public for their own recreation and to be used by many of them because they think they are too good or too poor to throw a few dollars in the donation box every now and then. Even at the tournaments we hold, most of the money from entries goes right back to prizes given out afterwards. A lot of people think that since they are paying to play the tourneys, they shouldn't have to donate anything to the course. So what ends up happening is the costs to play the tournaments gets pushed up to cover "donations" that should have been made voluntarily. I have even recently started charging "greens fees" for people to play come out and play casually so that it's not an issue any more. If they want to play on a nice private course with no crowds, idiots, litter, oppressive police presence, or other undesirables, they don't mind shelling out a few beans for the privledge.

My point is this...If we don't find a way to get folks to get off their asses and donate some cash once in a while we are ALL going to end up paying somehow in the long run any way. Just like I don't like to stand up and beg for course donations, Makc doesn't like to come on here and ask for them so when he starts feeling the pressure, what's to keep him from imposing new charges for privledges on this site? I'm sure a lot of you have been on the other popular gun forums where You HAVE to donate REGULARLY if you want to enjoy certain privledges. Those sites even have huge sponsorships from the major dealers and MFGs who benefit from their sites.

If EVERYONE who makes any profit AT ALL from using this forum as well as those who simply enjoy coming here to read and post valuable information would just donate a few dollars here and there it would make a HUGE difference.

ANY time you make some money off something you sell on here, it's only fair to share a little with the man who made it possible, that's the bottom line. If you have to add a few bucks to the price of your item to cover for it or even take a small loss of your profit isn't it worth that to keep generating money to this valuable forum?

I think so.

I have looked over the list of members here who use this site a lot and I am surprised at the number of people who I know have benefitted greatly from it and have still never donated ANY money at all.

OK off my soapbox...carry on! Holy shit that's long! Sorry GOB...lol!

Lets help our buddy Makc out ok? :up:

Start the new year out with a donation to Saiga-12.com, it's a worthy cause!!

http://forum.saiga-12.com/donations/

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=Me...50&filter=7

How about donating because it's the most awesome forum going???? How about because the Mods don't constantly jack the members around, and allow the free-flow of interaction without forcing their own agenda on it?? How about because the forum members are a bunch of informative, helpful, twisted, entertaining folks you'd just like to hang out with ???

That alone is a primary reason to donate to this forum.............those were MY reasons to donate. If you enjoy it here as much as I do, drop a little coin into the plate !!! Help out........it's well worth it.

Imma send a bit but I also have a suggestion.

I frequent a traditional hot rodding board as well. On there we have auctions to help out the board. Folks put parts, even entire vehicles sometimes, up for auction on the board. The auctions are made sticky until they end(the seller posts a date) and the proceeds go to the board. It has worked very well and it's fun. Anything can be sold and sometimes it gets quite silly and competitive because folks know it is going to board.

How about donating because it's the most awesome forum going???? How about because the Mods don't constantly jack the members around, and allow the free-flow of interaction without forcing their own agenda on it?? How about because the forum members are a bunch of informative, helpful, twisted, entertaining folks you'd just like to hang out with ???

That alone is a primary reason to donate to this forum.............those were MY reasons to donate. If you enjoy it here as much as I do, drop a little coin into the plate !!! Help out........it's well worth it.

Well said Joe! That's exactly why I donate. You can't find a "club" anywhere this cool, even if you pay dues to join.

Thanks everyone so far for chiming in. That's the kind of reaction I had hoped for. Max will notice too.

Pointer I'll check into that and see wtf is up.

Tony that's the right addess. If you or anyone else have any problems please contact me and I'll straighten it out. Max will take any form of payment, even credit cards. Some of our members overseas have gone to special pains to get money donated in their names by me because of overseas mail and paypal BS.

Crow that's a good idea about auctions. If anyone wants to help get something like that rolling let me know and I'll see what we have to do to make it happen.

Battlerifle that's a good systematic plan you have. Thanks. Anything consistant lke that is just what I'm talking about.

Keep em comin guys!

Happy New beer! :super:

i agree totally I send a few bucks after the first of the new year

I can donate as long as someone reassures me that I'm not going to be banned... the last forum I donated to banned me within 3 weeks of when I donated.

I feel like I should have gotten a refund...

Well don't act like McUzi...isn't he one of the few banned members?

Ah, crap, I've been a member here for 2 years; I would hope that if they were going to ban me, they would have already done so.

McUzi begged for it for a long time before he got it. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I don't do a lot of buying or selling on here, but I enjoy the hell out of this forum, have learned a lot, and want to help. Unfortunately when I click on "My controls" like it says, I don't find the donations link as pictured. I've tried several times. Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right. Can someone just give me a phone number so I can call and give my CC number? :rolleyes:

Here's the phone # 678-206-7070 between 10AM to 7PM EST. Look under "subscriptions" under "My Controls" not "donations". The donation info is on the main page of this board.

Thanks USP. Donation sent. Thanks to all of you guys who make this forum possible. I appreciate you! :super:

• 2 weeks later...