Yet another test of pic posting ability

I tried to post an assortment of pics that are smaller that the 40+ kb images that others have posted. Still no luck. What's up? Has anyone fixed that problem (Cobra????)

Well, here's what I was trying to post. ALL of them are smaller (kbs) than anything appearing on this damn forum. :cryss:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?automo...m&album=107

Edited by inparidel

Much thanks, bro!!! They represent literally years of HARD, hard work and love. But I guess you see that. Thanks again.

AKOK. . .you didn't get the one that has the whole family, but. . .THANKS an bunch anyway. HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT????? I used to be able to post as easy as anything. Check the older posts. But. . .now. . .WTF???

Edited by inparidel
Much thanks, bro!!! They represent literally years of HARD, hard work and love. But I guess you see that. Thanks again.

AKOK. . .you didn't get the one that has the whole family, but. . .THANKS an bunch anyway. HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT????? I used to be able to post as easy as anything. Check the older posts. But. . .now. . .WTF???

When replying or creating a new post, click on the "Browse" button in the lower right-hand cornet of the "Attachments" section and navigate (to the picture you wish to upload) on your system. Once the file is selected, click on the "OK" button. When you are back at the reply/post page, click the green "UPLOAD" button. Once you receive the "Upload successful and is available from the 'Manage Current Attachments' menu", click on the Manage Current Attachments drop-down menu above the "Browse" button. You will see a list of the currently uploaded files w/ a green arrow icon and a red "x" icon. Position your cursor in the message where you want the image inserted and click on the green arrow icon.

post-4394-1167882253_thumb.jpg

This inserts the image. Just remember that your cursor position determines the location of the image.

When the board software got updated I believe this process changed and added the "Manage Current Attachments" actions.

Hope this helps.

Bro. . .Thanks for the post!! But. I do all of those things. . .but, when it goes into the "sending" mode, it just keeps revolving and never sends. I mean NEVER. It just keeps trying to send and never does. I don't even get a "timed out" message. The uploading "clock" looking thing just keeps turning, and turning and nothing ever happpens. It didn't used to be this way. I have had the same problem from the home desktop, the office desktop, and even both laptops. I think it's a regional thing. I am in Florida. I don't think the Southeast US works. Thanks again!

Edited by inparidel

Yes that is a receicer block. It saved me tons of pain in doing receiver surgery. Re: folding & mags. . . You can't fold any underfolder while the mag is inserted in the gun, especially the 40 rounders I prefer. But, if you are asking if mag can be in while it's folded, the answer is yes. I love the gadget and the work it saved me for the same look and effect. The diferences are that instead of the Eastern Bloc length of pull, I have the equivalent of the NATO length when extended, which is 1 1/2" longer, and just fine with the big guy I am. There is also the added advantage of having 1 1/2 " more forend wood to grab when folded.

Edited by inparidel

It just simple html format...work on any sight.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/uploads/gallery/1167331934/med_gallery_108_107_847821.jpg[ /img ]

You must leave out the spaces that I added in [ /img ] so you can see the actual text.

To get the pic link ...right click on the pic and go to properties...cut and paste

Edited by akok
Nice group!

med_gallery_108_107_847821.jpg

Nice pistol!

Thanks much! Yeah. I love it. It's a real Aston pistol, year of mfg. 1846. The Aston is the very last, single-shot, .54 cal., muzzle loading US military issue pistol before the Army went to revolvers. From my research, it was made at two armories, one in PA and one in Conn. It was typically issued to cavalry, but had other uses. That one has seen a bit of use based on the pitting around the nipple from the corrosive black powder used. It makes you wonder how it was used, and on whom. Still, it's in excellent shape.

You can get a closer look at one at the Gunbroker page listed below.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62939008

Edited by inparidel

Dude sweet collection and nice job on the 12s! Thanks for letting out the html secret too, I was wondering how the hell everyone posts such giant fuckin pics all the time... Lookin good bro!

Re: underfolders...

I've got a Yugo underfolder and it folds over a 30 rd mag. They all do. I have one of those blocks I've been thinking of trying. It looks ok but I too was concerned some about the not folding over the mag. I'm getting ready to build up a Polish soon as I can get my press.

Dude sweet collection and nice job on the 12s! Thanks for letting out the html secret too, I was wondering how the hell everyone posts such giant fuckin pics all the time... Lookin good bro!

I've got a Yugo underfolder and it folds over a 30 rd mag. They all do. I have one of those blocks I've been thinking of trying. It looks ok but I too was concerned some about the not folding over the mag. I'm getting ready to build up a Polish soon as I can get my press.

whenever you put it together with that block (the one from cope's?) let me know how it goes will ya?

I guess I've never tried to fold or unfold over any other mag but 40s. I really prefer them. Thanks for the correction.

Edited by inparidel

whenever you put it together with that block (the one from cope's?) let me know how it goes will ya?

Scoutjoe: I think you misunderstod. I put that on three years ago. It's the exact one Cope sells, but I got it from the now defunct Guns n Stuff. I won't be swapping it out. It is a great time and labor saver.

Badman: Thanks. It's nothin but hours and hours of work. :smoke:

Edited by inparidel
Blackjack also has those adapters, I got mine there.

Inparidel did you convert that .223 yourself? That's sweet.

Thanks much, man. I am assuming you mean the all black AK-101 clone, formerly a S - .223. Yeah. I did everything but remove and replace the gas block and the FSB for the addition of the forend retainer and to add the cleaning rod holder, which was done by Chris Butler AK-103. He also threaded the muzzle for a 22 mm Romy-type threaded adapter for an exact copy of the Russian AK-74 brake, but only in 22 mm, because it was during the last years of the AWB (you could only have 22 mm REMOVABLE brakes during the ban). Aside from those things for which I don't have shop machines, I did everything else, including re-finish.

You can see closer pics of it in recent posts on the S-.223 forum. Check my albums.

Edited by inparidel