Folding stock or telescoping?

What are the benefits of one over the other? I am going to convert my Saiga 12 and don't know which kind of stock I should use. How do you guys like shooting the Saiga 12 with Ace or Lage stocks? Is the Vltor stock for AKs good?

325time I hope you get some more responses from some of the guys with both types of stocks. I am also trying to choose which to use on a Tromix S12 build. C'mon guys, give. Is the S12 easy to shoot with the Lage stock folded? Details please. B)

Agree with Jeaux, the S12 is easy to shoot with the Lage folded, (and just as easy with the Ace folded.) As already noted, the relative advantage of a telescoping stock is being able to adjust the LOP to your individual preference. I tend to favor folding stocks, FWIW. If you choose a folder I don't think you'd be disappointed with either one. They are both quite sturdy, one is metal, the other synthetic, and both fairly light weight. You can get a cheek rest for the Ace. Haven't seen one for a Lage.

Edited by tritium

Try an Ace SOCOM, add an Ace hinge mechanism and you can have the best of all three worlds...

1) Adjustable LOP;

2) Foldable and readily shootable folded;

3) Tough as nails. Even has a serrated "hammer" built into the butt, I assume this is for "interrogation" purposes.....I reckon if they encourage you to use the stock as a hammer, they feel pretty confident in it's durability.

post-3965-1168085986_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1168086065_thumb.jpg

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

For me it's one of each. My primary S-12 has an Ace folding stock with the internal block and my backup has a Tapco T-6 with recoil pad. Everyone in the family from my wife to my ten-year old boy(with light target loads) can shoot my backup. As any S-12 owner knows, when you take it out everyone there turns into a 12 year-old and you could charge good money just to let people shoot it. I don't charge them, I pull out my #2 and let them blow a 5-rounder. I love watching people heft one for the first time and take a few shots... it reminds me of when I lost my S-12 virginity. I have had someone make an unsolicited offer to buy one of my S-12s every fourth or fifth time I take it out. I always wonder if they ever pursued getting one of their own as they invariably say they are going to or if it's just mometary excitement. This is for sure, a Tapco T-6 is definitely the way to go if you want to share the love. I love to share the love. :smoke:

Cops like the tele stock, since it can be adjusted to allow for body armor.

<--On shorties I like the Ace...it's smaller and suits the look better for my taste.

On a full-sized gun the Tromix is best.

Guido, that's a killer combo you have. The SOCOM is a very stout stock.

Cops like the tele stock, since it can be adjusted to allow for body armor.

<--On shorties I like the Ace...it's smaller and suits the look better for my taste.

On a full-sized gun the Tromix is best.

Guido, that's a killer combo you have. The SOCOM is a very stout stock.

Thanks, Bob

Quite significant, coming from a TROMIX dude...It don't get no better than that, I reckon!

I'm just glad my "Valley Bitch Accessories" were not installed when I took those pic's...<LOL>

respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

Great responses guys! Thanks for all the input. Guido2, that Socom stock is sweet. I do want something that will fold on my S12, so I guess now it's a toss-up between the Lage/Ace or the Socom folder. Decisions, decisions. :unsure:

I did find the SOCOM folder to be quite heavy when messing around with them on AR-15s. The Ace and, I imagine, the Lage are significantly lighter.

"Can Tony do a conversion without the SAW grip? "

-He can use any grip you like.

How much would a conversion be on a Saiga with a welded choke? He wouldn't be cutting it to 18.25" or opening the gas port as on the website so it'd be less work. Do you send in whatever grip you want to use? What would be the total without barrel work or a saw grip?

Click the link in my sigline, there's a breakdown of prices under "saiga shotguns".

Unless you've already bought the parts, it's generally cheaper to have Tony supply them, due to his dealer pricing status. If you've already got them, that's OK too.

I don't care for the compartment on the SAW grip, but I love the grip itself. It is wide and circular, fills the hand nicely, very comfortable.

I suppose the compartment is just an added bonus to a great PG, perhaps I will find a use for it eventually. A decent pouch has enough room to throw in whatever I need to, small or big.

No PG screw needed, it comes with its' own screw. Saves 4 bucks right there.

I would buy the SAW grip for the same price, even if it came without the compartment trap-door. Did I mention how much I like it?

I'm gonna piss some people off with this one, but I've always thought the idea of putting an AR stock on an AK was pretty gay.

I don't know about pissing anyone of off but functionality is the name of the game for me and I have found the T6 stock is very functional. I only have one on one of my S-12s but my growing boys, ages 10 and 15, have them on each of their AKs. Remember how parents used to chart their kids growth on a wall in their house? We do it by which stop on a T6 they're up to. :haha:

Remember how parents used to chart their kids growth on a wall in their house? We do it by which stop on a T6 they're up to. naaaa.gif

Hahahaha, sounds like punch line of a Jeff Foxworthy joke.

"You might be a redneck if..."

Respectfully, sir.

Thanks fellas, the answer is now perfectly clear...........everybody needs 3 Saigas....

1 with a colapsing stock......

1 with a folding stock.......

1 with a wooden stock.........

Thank you all for your help in my decision making! :D

Gun control means using two hands!

Hello

I'm with DaGroaner on the "functionality" thing. Sure, I don't want some goofy looking shit, but how it functions is the first priority.

"Form over function" is for Valley Bitches.

<LOL>

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

I'm gonna piss some people off with this one, but I've always thought the idea of putting an AR stock on an AK was pretty gay.

With a comment like that you must intend to piss some people off. What a dick head.

No, my intent is to bring to light the fact that it's silly to make a "commie/terrorist" weapon look like a US battle rifle. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go paint a huge ford emblem on my chevy.

With a comment like that you must intend to piss some people off. What a dick head.

No, my intent is to bring to light the fact that it's silly to make a "commie/terrorist" weapon look like a US battle rifle. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go paint a huge ford emblem on my chevy.

People who drive Chevy's are latent homosexuals.

Not trying to piss anybody off, but yer' a bunch of homo's. <LOL>

With all DUE respect,

guido2 in Houston

Edited by guido2