Single hook or double hook?

The receiver sheetmetal is 1mm thick.The military single hook trigger AK's have a rate reducer on one side of the trigger.The Krinkov has a dummy rate reducer.The Saiga comes with a piece on the side of the trigger that goes accross the front of the trigger.Without these pieces the single hook trigger contacts the bottom of the receiver at one small point.I don't like to cut the receiver for the double hook trigger but at least the double hook trigger makes two equal contacts points(or wider contact) on the thin receiver bottom.I don't know who made it,might be FSE,but I like to take a US made single hook trigger and add the Saiga trigger side piece to it.It may not fit all.It needs to clear the disconnector where it wraps around the trigger.This may or may not work with th Generation two triggers.My US trigger has no sleeve like the G2 does.

• 1 month later...

bttt for further explanation.

I see that single is more popular, but why exactly?? I gather from the above post that there may be fit or action problems with the double hook, but I'm not entirely clear on it. I too am looking at getting a G2, but I don't know which one would be better/easier to install. Also, what is the side-piece mentioned?

Edited by FenderFreek

the single hook is easier to install, thats probably why it is more popular. If you want a double hook you will need to grind a bit inside the reciever so the other hook has clearance. I think that either one is highly unlikely to fail, however with a single hook there is no backup... with the double hook you could keep shooting even if one of the hooks break. The double hook may also be a bit smoother due to the increased even surface contact with the hammer.

I put a double hook in mine, seems to be a bit smoother in pull than a single hook ( had the chance to try one before i bought my parts )

If you look in the hole in the reciever where the trigger goes through you'll see a small notch on the front of the hole for the single hook to go through, for a double hook you have to make a cut similar to that on the other side. Not hard to do with a dremel and a cutting wheel.