I blast Kenny G music 24/7. Nobody comes within 2 miles of the house.

If they did though, I'd be waiting here with the 20" Cylinder M870 loaded 7+1 with 00.

Hello, Caspian Sea Monster

Don't you worry about "alternative lifestyle warriors" waving rainbow flags attracted to that Kenny G shit? Man, that's like a faggot magnet! <LOL>

(At least here in the "city of diversity...)

Respectfully in jest,

guido2 in Houston

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to think, if anyone breaks in to your house when you are home they are there to do you harm!

If they have half a brain and wanted to rip you off they would wait until you were out.

Still I pray to never be in that situation and hope to "be ready" if I am.

Anyone else opt for the "less than lethal" first round? Like bean bag or rubber buck?

Considering my current living situation, a college dorm, no guns, just a baseball bat by my bunk, and a dive knife under the pillow, thumb opening blade on me at all times.

At home it's either my m48 mauser, or my Ruger 10/22 by the bed. Kinda at the extremes of calibre spectrum :/

Shit in the dorms when i was at IUP my pocketknife was "the largest blade" i was allowed to have

The thumb blade is an either way thing, I'm going to start looking for another one. And let's just say I hope to not have to use the dive knife.

There's a new line of personal Tasers out, they come in different colors. ^_^

I'll pass.

I'm waiting for the combo shotgun slug/taser. A slug capable of leaving a taser device inside the body as it passes through delivering a high voltage shock until the batteries are dead. Now that's one shot stopping power! :blink:

Edited by DHunter

I wouldn't rely on a taser for anything except to piss off crack heads! Use a good light to identify your target and LEAD to deactivate the threat!

I am waiting for the new CrimsonTrace grips to go on my .25 Beretta, that would be nice to keep in you'r robe pocket when answering the door, or jeans pocket when walking the dog.

Not what I would carry for a carry piece - what I would carry when I would not normally carry a piece. A weapon mounted laser is often a better deterrent than the pistol.

Keep the laser on the eyes of the threat and they are blinded as well as intimidated by the fact that they know there is a gun and it is pointed at them.

I would much rather us a weapon laser for deterrrence than a taser.

Anyone else opt for the "less than lethal" first round? Like bean bag or rubber buck?

If I use a gun on someone, I need to "fear for my life". If I use a "less-than-lethal" round I must not really fear for my life. The prosecution would have a field day w/ that one! If I pull the trigger someone is going to die.

Cops and others use that type of round for crowd control and other times where lethal force may not be necessary. The law is not so lenient w/ the civilian populace. Just my $.02 coming from Texas.

If I use a gun on someone, I need to "fear for my life". If I use a "less-than-lethal" round I must not really fear for my life. The prosecution would have a field day w/ that one! If I pull the trigger someone is going to die.

Cops and others use that type of round for crowd control and other times where lethal force may not be necessary. The law is not so lenient w/ the civilian populace. Just my $.02 coming from Texas.

Good point.

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Jan 23 2007, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't rely on a taser for anything except to piss off crack heads!

It wasn't a serious suggestion. I would only suggest them for people whom I can't convince to carry a gun.

As far as lasers go, I prefer a flashlight. For me a laser is fun, a flashlight is more useful/practical for low light conditions. I don't need a laser to hit my target and if I'm pointing a gun at somebody I'm not trying to intimidate them. I just need to identify the target. My .02 on that.

I blast Kenny G music 24/7. Nobody comes within 2 miles of the house.

If they did though, I'd be waiting here with the 20" Cylinder M870 loaded 7+1 with 00.

Hello, Caspian Sea Monster

Don't you worry about "alternative lifestyle warriors" waving rainbow flags attracted to that Kenny G shit? Man, that's like a faggot magnet! <LOL>

(At least here in the "city of diversity...)

Respectfully in jest,

guido2 in Houston

Hello

Ummm...Uhhhh....Just wanted to mention that my previous post was a <possibly lame> attempt at humor, I had/have no intention of offending anybody.

-Not that I have any problem being offensive (read: "Un-utopian") on occasion, just that in this instance, it was not my intention.

My sincere apologies if it was taken otherwise.

Respectfully (no, really!!!) posted,

Guido2 in Houston

It's cool Guido, I know it was a joke and I have no problems with being politically incorrect. Most of my friends are of Latino heritage, and if I had a Nickel for ever Mexican slam I've ever made...

It's cool Guido, I know it was a joke and I have no problems with being politically incorrect. Most of my friends are of Latino heritage, and if I had a Nickel for ever Mexican slam I've ever made...

You'd buy us all Tromix conversions of our liking?

• 2 weeks later...

Political incorrectness, a hallmark of the true American dream.

Putting an 8mm Mauser or 7.62x54r through a home-invading scumbag, priceless

(My CETME currently has an f-d up rear sight, the 10/22 ain't got shit for knock down power, and I don't have a shotgun. My AK is still a parts kit, as is my FAL.)

Both of my inservice guns are bolt actions, so if the first shot ain't enough, one the bayonets are already going to be fixed and ready, and both make for superior battle clubs. Someone's breaking into my home, I'm seriously f-ing them up.

Edited by jimmy_stikx
US, 357s are just to big to carry concealed all the time, for me anyway.

Indy, it's not a cop but a grand jury you might have to explain that to. Next is the relatives and their lawyers.

i rather be judged by 12 than carried by six with that said i have a full stocked pistol gripped 870 that holds 9 with a 20 inch barrel and i have a 45 on order that i hope to get soon

Political incorrectness, a hallmark of the true American dream.

Putting an 8mm Mauser or 7.62x54r through a home-invading scumbag, priceless

(My CETME currently has an f-d up rear sight, the 10/22 ain't got shit for knock down power, and I don't have a shotgun. My AK is still a parts kit, as is my FAL.)

Both of my inservice guns are bolt actions, so if the first shot ain't enough, one the bayonets are already going to be fixed and ready, and both make for superior battle clubs. Someone's breaking into my home, I'm seriously f-ing them up.

Takes too long to load the Saiga magazine and I've always been taught about 'spring fatigue' setting in if you keep a mag loaded all the time so, like you, I have two WW2 rifles -- an Italian M-41 infantry rifle and an Italian M-91 cavalry carbine (both in 6.5 Carcano) with loaded charger clips handy. Takes only a couple of seconds to ram a clip into the mag well. Then, too, the cavalry carbine has a folding spike bayonet which is great for toasting marshmallows or for spoiling a home invader's day in the event he actually gets past 6 rounds of soft-nose ammo.

Just got my M7 bayonet (sharpened, of course) attached to the 590... looks odd, but it will get the job done.

I would prefer the M9, but too much $$$. I actually got this M7 one locally.

99.jpg

98.jpg

Edited by hellgrün-K

I have my CZ PCR 9mm that I keep close at night.

I've been thinking about this and IF something was to happen like a home invasion, wouldn't the police at least take the weapon you used for a while as part of the investigation?? It makes me consider that I don't want to have my favorite gun being what I would use to defend myself. I've been thinking about getting another handgun and a cheap SKS and have that be the first rifle I'd grab (if the situation required a rifle) rather than grabbing my Saiga and then having the police potentially confiscate it. Let them take the cheap SKS.

Maybe I'm wrong on this?? Something to think about.

I have my CZ PCR 9mm that I keep close at night.

I've been thinking about this and IF something was to happen like a home invasion, wouldn't the police at least take the weapon you used for a while as part of the investigation?? It makes me consider that I don't want to have my favorite gun being what I would use to defend myself. I've been thinking about getting another handgun and a cheap SKS and have that be the first rifle I'd grab (if the situation required a rifle) rather than grabbing my Saiga and then having the police potentially confiscate it. Let them take the cheap SKS.

Maybe I'm wrong on this?? Something to think about.

Hello, Displaced...

Well, I think unless there were "extenuating circumstances", here in Texas your weapon would be safe. If you shot an intruder and unintentionally also plugged your neighbor down the street, 'cause you're shooting a round that is not the best in an urban environment, well, that might be considerd an "extenuating circumstance".

I would still stick with a shotgun-based round, or a large-bore handgun round, neither of which should be capable of injuring someone through a couple of walls.

Here in Texas, I think you get a coupon for discount ammo if you bag a trophy thug.....<LOL>

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

• 1 year later...
There's a new line of personal Tasers out, they come in different colors. ^_^

I'll pass.

I'm waiting for the combo shotgun slug/taser. A slug capable of leaving a taser device inside the body as it passes through delivering a high voltage shock until the batteries are dead. Now that's one shot stopping power! :blink:

Tazer do a shotgun shell that fires a tazer. Don't know if it is possible to gethold of it yet.

For those of you without S-12s (those lucky bastards), what do you consider your primary, fail-safe HD weapon?

Is it a large caliber handgun, pump shotgun or spiked baseball bat?

Myself, I'm particularly fond of the 12ga Mossberg 500. Reliable, tough, affordable, powerful. Nothing better than 00 buck in CQC. It's also 'tacti-cool' black. :ph34r:

Originally I was looking into AOW shorty shotguns, 12-14 inch barrels. But most places charge too much for those for my budget.

Kindof OT (even though I started the topic):

What are your opinions on putting a PG-only on a 12ga shotty? In my situation, space is a big concern, I'll save every inch from OAL that I can.

Just wondering what kind of severe pain I should be expecting in my wrist...

The pistol grip is fine if space is a concern. Not too hard on the wrist, just get a good grip on it. I had one on a Mossberg 500 for years until I started keeping it out in the garage, then the standard stock made more sense.

Now its an XD .40 in the truck, Glock 9mm by the bed, Ruger .44 mag by the back door, Walther .380 in the kitchen, Russian Nagant by the front door. By the way, no kids in the house. On order and soon to have...Robinson Arms 5,56/7.62 assault rifle, twin Saiga 12 folder conversions from CGW w'20rd drums, and a stock Saiga 12 in original sporter configuration. Oh, and there is Jake the pitbull. He's not particularly mean but he hears everthing. I highly recommend a dog to eliminate the element of surprise.

But to answer your question, its the Glock. Just because I seem to be able to put multiple 9mm rounds on target better than anything else and I have 18 rounds available without reloading. But the reality may be that it is the gun I can get to the quickest.

Edited by DogMan
Alarm system, S&W .38 Airweight, Flashlight, Telephone. All the heavy stuff is locked up. An AK or .308 overpenetrates WAY too much to use in a house.

I don't understand you guys leaving guns all over the house. Burglers usually try to break in when your Not there. Cash, guns, and drugs is what they're looking for. When the steal your gun you not only lost it but you armed a criminal.

well said.

It seems to me that it doesn't matter too much what you have so long as you can put the rounds where you need them. The best ammo and gun in the world won't matter a damm if you can't hit the bad guy anyway. I hear a lot of people saying you need this size round or that size round but even a .22 in the face is going to ruin someone's day (not as much as 00 buck of course).