FCG with the factory skeleton stock

All,

I have one of the newish 308s with a skeletonized stock. With the intention of legally adding an FBMG 20-rounder, I think the smartest way to go is by replacing the FCG with American-made parts. However, I'm worried that replacing the FCG will place the trigger too far forward. Am I right with this thinking? It would be fine for pistol grips, but not for the skeleton stock. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have some recommendations? Thanks.

Jacob

All,

I have one of the newish 308s with a skeletonized stock. With the intention of legally adding an FBMG 20-rounder, I think the smartest way to go is by replacing the FCG with American-made parts. However, I'm worried that replacing the FCG will place the trigger too far forward. Am I right with this thinking? It would be fine for pistol grips, but not for the skeleton stock. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have some recommendations? Thanks.

Jacob

I'm about 99.9% sure that the only way to replace the trigger group will move it up about 2 inches (forward). Unless there is a us made funky-ass-extendo-trigger like what comes on the sporters. To my knowledge there is not. You may be able to only replace the hammer and disconnector, but I'm not real sure. Just do a PG conversion. If you like the drag stock, you can throw the ATI synthetic one on the saiga after replacing the trigger group. Then you get one more US part, and the gun looks in proportion (Shorter).

Everyone, if I'm wrong, correct me.

That's correct shane. There are some people looking for one of those stocks to buy. You could sell it for enough to buy a regular AK skeleton stock and then just throw a real FCG in there and get rid of that crap that came in your rifle. It's not difficult at all, especially the .308.

I'm sure there's a way to do it, it's just a matter of how much grinding/jb welding you wanna do. I can't picture the stock FCG in my head, so I can't really say how easy or hard it would be. If no one has any experience in that area, you may just have to buy the FCG, open her up, and see. Or, you can ask someone who is doing a pg conversion to mix & match and "trial fit" some us made FCG parts before he tears it all the way down.

But, I have to try one more time......

Wouldn't you rather just do the whole job? I can't recall what the stock skeleton stock looks like, but I'm sure you would be just as happy with the ATI version, plus, with the regular (G2) trigger group, it pulls straight back and breaks much cleaner. I don't mean to be pushy, but I think you would be much happier in the pg config with the ATI stock. Either way, let us know what you decide, I've said my piece, I'll leave it alone.

Shane

post-2098-1168995031_thumb.jpg

Edited by shaneman153a