Pics of my newly built FN G1 rifle and carbine

hi Guys- thought I would post a pic sent to me buy a guy on the Fal Files who just finished these babies up for me. I sent him essentially 2 rifles in pieces for barrel mounting,headspacing,reparking and I had 1 barrel cut down to 17.5 threaded and recrowned to make a G1 Carbine.

I am actuallly going to make the carbine a paratrooper-have a complete lower and needed parts to do and the G1 rifle is actually getting a lower with wood furniture on it. hope you like the pic and I will also post the 'after' shots for you guys to give me opinions on.

post-2841-1168924683_thumb.jpg

Ooow! Guess I need to do somekind of treatment to my FAL's metal parts. Those look so nice.

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

ok have any of us on this forum ever said that you guys in Finland had to do anything to your guns?

all we want is to be able to do what you guys do

Ooow! Guess I need to do somekind of treatment to my FAL's metal parts. Those look so nice.

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

ok have any of us on this forum ever said that you guys in Finland had to do anything to your guns?

Having to get a permit/license for each individual firearm owned or having to keep them all securely locked up?

Unless you want suppressors, I don't understand what you mean... Are automatic rifles commonplace?

Thanks for all the comments guys, I should have them back home tomorrow! YEEEHAAAAAAAAW!!

I HAVE to ask....Jumi, WWHERE the heck do you live,a war zone? You have to give me the story on your FN rifle regarding why it is so worn,the 'tape' on the HG and PG,the top cover with the scope mount etc. I really am interested,definitely seems the rifle 'has a tale to tell'. If you need a topcover scope mount-rail on TOP we can work something out and get one shipped to you.

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Having to get a permit/license for each individual firearm owned or having to keep them all securely locked up?

Unless you want suppressors, I don't understand what you mean... Are automatic rifles commonplace?

I was commenting on how ingenious they are with the modifications to their guns. a suppressor wouldn't be bad either.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I should have them back home tomorrow! YEEEHAAAAAAAAW!!

I HAVE to ask....Jumi, WWHERE the heck do you live,a war zone? You have to give me the story on your FN rifle regarding why it is so worn,the 'tape' on the HG and PG,the top cover with the scope mount etc. I really am interested,definitely seems the rifle 'has a tale to tell'. If you need a topcover scope mount-rail on TOP we can work something out and get one shipped to you.

Not war zone but IPSC-region. :D

In Finland rifle-IPSC is mostly on relatively short distances and rest is mostly 300m shooting. So, using red dot as primary and scope as secondary would mean having scope up and dot aside when tilting rifle. But isn't it weird have most used sight tilted?! Meaning you have to lift and tilt your gun more than often. No way! And so the tale of tri-sight stripe FAL starts to get shape...

When starting IPSC with pistol one friend of mine was selling 1974 Indian FAL very cheap. Without any thougts I bought it without seeing it first by swapping it to 250 shotgun shells. OK, it was a bit dissapointment to see heavily rusty lisence made FAL with broken drill in gas port. But it wasn't that expensive so why avoid modifying it a bit... First got a HM drill to get rid of broken drill and some grind paper to smoothen sharp corners of molded front grip. And since flash hider was missing I made a three chambered brake which totally changed it's behavior. After getting some good results in recoil control using DIY buffer and stronger gas regulator I started to seek options to mount scope. Reading about difficulties to fasten most mounts tightly made me decide to do it from scratch. Even if failing it would still be on same line as most FAL mounts found. ;) When drawing first lines with CAD I tried to keep it so low that iron sights could still be used through red dot. After making plans for one railed mount I got a try with double optic AR which I did though being clumsy and impractical until tried one. Back to drawing board... Finding a dilemma: Either giving up use of irons with red dot, using scope alone or finding another place for scope. Of course I found the hardest option most inspirating. And long distance targets could be found through red dot and quickly tilt into scope. :devil: With manual mill I little by little made a billet double scope mount and surprise, surprise it was aligned with barrel close enough. :D Now it needed just a bit better friction to PG and FG since old uncheckered wood and plastic was quite slippery. I chose stripes just because it was much cheaper than plain black and "warning stripes" felt funny compaired to tactical set-ups seen enough. :lol:

Video of FAL in action

Soon after that video Tasco started to turn off while shooting and got replaced with Aimpoint 5000XD because gap to scope didn't allow CompC to be used. ...Well it was measured to that Tasco so it was my fault. :ded:

sights2.jpg

Years went on and after some feeding malfunctions in matches some members of same shooting club assembled AR from pieces to make me more reliable team shooter in level III. It did made me a bit faster and left an impact of straight push mags being only way to go. Soon I figured how to make FAL straight push mag version and it ran flawlessly a while. After borrowing it to my friend who likes to hunt I got it back rulen by a guy who thought that it was meant to be used with normal mags he happened to have. Somehow he missed to notice there were 5 modified mags with the gun and IF it was loaned to him as WORKABLE gun how on earth there would be need to use file on GUN to make regular mags fit?!?! Anyway match after getting it back was quite misery and a new smoother magwell (In pic there is the old one...) had to be made. :angel: After smoothing some ramps too it has been cycling well, but it has already lost it's reputation as reliable FAL in eyes of team mates. :lol: No wonder. ;)

Malfunctions Text: Padasjoki RO-Match JamShot's FAL cycling. ...Or not :)

magwellF.jpg

Nowadays I've given up using FAL in IPSC and switched to V-Match (Cheaper ammo...). Still FAL is sometimes in active use in finnish own form of 3G known as SRA.

v-match.jpg

Someone might find familiar sight set-up on AR too... :lol:

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

EDIT: Are there regulations for suppressors too!? Too bad... :( Here is one mostly self made permanently silenced 9mm AR using drums and having barrel drilled for making standard velocity ammo subsonic. ...Cheaper you know. ;) Lack of red dot while taking photo is still jumping to eyes.

arsu.jpg

Edited by JumiKuula
  • 2 weeks later...
hi Guys- thought I would post a pic sent to me buy a guy on the Fal Files who just finished these babies up for me. I sent him essentially 2 rifles in pieces for barrel mounting,headspacing,reparking and I had 1 barrel cut down to 17.5 threaded and recrowned to make a G1 Carbine.

I am actuallly going to make the carbine a paratrooper-have a complete lower and needed parts to do and the G1 rifle is actually getting a lower with wood furniture on it. hope you like the pic and I will also post the 'after' shots for you guys to give me opinions on.

I had one of those heavy hard hittin' sob's they kill on both ends. I sold it to a buddy that rebarreled it in 243 cal. totally changed the gun and the way it shoots. He had a full inch pattern wood set at one time for sale . you need a set?

hi Guys, thanks for all the posts and info,stories,etc.!

Will36- I maybe interested in the wood set,can you email/post pics here and details,$$,etc? Actuall I find the FN not too bad on the recoil compared to other rifles I have-Shoot 10 rounds through a Steyr M95 in 8x56r -THAT BITCH HURTS!!!!!!!! more than my Mauser and M44 Nagant.

Here are some pics of my rifles now- I have installed the G1 lower with wood and the Para lower------Enjoy the pics and look forward to the replies!!!

post-2841-1170137576_thumb.jpg

post-2841-1170137610_thumb.jpg

post-2841-1170137788_thumb.jpg

Edited by ThousandSon
well, count your blessings... overhere all supressors and folding stocks are illegal (except for LE/army).

i didn't know finland had "free" supressors... i didn't think that'd be allowed by the EU.

i didn't know the french allowed belgium to have any firearms at all :haha: ...just kidding around. i don't want to start a diplomatic crisis, really. :lolol:

well, it'd be a shame if we weren't allowed to have or make any firearms at all, don't you think? hard to imagine a world without FN Herstal...

Amen to that! :wub:

...Owner and fan on many FN products. They just don't even wear out in use. Not many brand has that good products.

-JumiKuula aka JamShot