bull-pup design

who here has actually built a s-12 bullpup? i know there were a few pics floating around, but they didn't mention how the stock/trigger group was altered to work with the s-12. anybody been succesfull? as far as i can see this is the next evolution, i would love to see what tony at tromix could do with it.

who here has actually built a s-12 bullpup? i know there were a few pics floating around, but they didn't mention how the stock/trigger group was altered to work with the s-12. anybody been succesfull? as far as i can see this is the next evolution, i would love to see what tony at tromix could do with it.

I would also be interested in a Saiga 12 pup. I own the Bushmaster M17S, and I plan on owning the new Kel-Tec RFB as soon as it's released. Anyone have links to pics of Saiga pups?

12_ga_013.jpg

Good find Azkamidaka, hadn't seen those pics in a long time. Can't find the old topic but as I recall...

1 He made it during the ban (hence the PG turned quasi thumbhole)

2 Reenforced the plastic stock with aluminum

3 Said he'd never try making one again ^_^

12_ga_013.jpg

Good find Azkamidaka, hadn't seen those pics in a long time. Can't find the old topic but as I recall...

If there were detailed instructions I'd love to try it. I'd definately have to do a thumbhole style because of the deuche bag politics in N.Y.

Damn, that thing is badass!!

Does anyone remember the OAL? I'm sure it would require a tax stamp or something. If it were long enough to make the cutoff, I guess that would defeat the purpose. Says he used this stock: http://www.mountsplus.com/products/Muzzeli...nstrustions.pdf

Looks like a lot of work to convert, but can you imagine how evil that would look w/ a 10 rounder?? :super:

Edited by shaneman153a

What about this:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=256&page=1

Is there enough difference in the receiver dimensions to prevent this from working? I have never seen an S-12 in person, so I don't have a clue. At least it is designed for the AK family of weapons. the trigger wire would have to be replaced w/ a trigger rod or the trigger pull would be horrible. . .

What about this:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=256&page=1

Is there enough difference in the receiver dimensions to prevent this from working? I have never seen an S-12 in person, so I don't have a clue. At least it is designed for the AK family of weapons. the trigger wire would have to be replaced w/ a trigger rod or the trigger pull would be horrible. . .

Back in the 90s a friend and I put that kit together, or should I say tried. Think we got it from Duck Soup, it never really worked and the quality was low. Total POS!!

But just my 2 cents

I remember a while back, there was a guy from HKPro that made a working G36C stock for an Akins 10/22 that was fantastic. The guy is a wiz with fabricating plastic, now someone like that could maybe do this. Think it was MPfiveengineer.

David

Edited by PolarBearBait

I know of one very experienced gunsmith who did a bullpup AK conversion and said it was a royal pain in the ass and he'd never do another one. The bitch is a very long and contorted connection to the trigger which tends to be too flexible due to its length.

It would seem to me that the only way to do a bullpup and get a decent trigger would be to use a power tool trigger, a battery and a solenoid. An electric trigger would not have lincage problems. (Don't use for HD, the damned batteries in everything always go dead at the worst time!)

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ Jan 18 2007, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It would seem to me that the only way to do a bullpup and get a decent trigger would be to use a power tool trigger, a battery and a solenoid.

I wouldn't recomend this - just imagine the problems if you had a short and it started sending random pulses to the firing mechanism.

I have thought through some bullpup designs before. One way to tackle the long linkeage is to have the bar/rod rotate torsionally. This way the length of this connection does not matter all that much. There are a few other design issues introduced by this but that is the nature of design.

Another way - the way KelTek did their new 7.62 bullpup - is to make the likeage transfer motion of the "hammer" (which is controlled directly by the trigger) to the second or actual hammer which strikes the firing pin.

In other words, there would be a small, light lever where the hammer would usually be in the firing mechanism up front where the grip and trigger are. When the trigger is pulled this lever is released. As the lever rotates forward it pulls the actual hammer through a connecting rod. In the case of the KelTek they have used a set of dual rods (more like a set of linkeages) between this forward lever and the hammer in the rear.

Complex, yes, and I expect the lock time would be not so great. But given that the Saiga is not a sniper weapon the lock time should not be such a big deal.

Edited by MadMax

My Valmet M82 has a pretty good trigger feel, and I've thought about adapting an S12 to this setup, but finding an M82 stock for a transplant is nearly impossible. And theres no way I would butcher a complete Valmet for this conversion. But I think it would be a nice setup if anyone could come up with a stock and trigger assy.

That looks cool...

Very COARSE.. but functional...

It makes me kinda leery, though... :lol: I feel as though I am watching some jihad video... "Death to the infidels", "heres the guns we use"...sort of thing... as I cant understand a word of what they are saying... ROFL!!! :lol:

:smoke:

I love Bullpups but that thing is a POS, And I'm sure the guy is touting how he is the PREMIER gunsmith in the area and the desgn is a one off original of his desgn. I might try the Muzzlelite but the quality of the plastic sucks and the other is to much cash.

Edited by blkbd

I'm a fan of the long barreled bullpup. I don't really like bullpups that are butt-heavy, but fitting a long barrel inside something a foot or so shorter is my cup of tea.

I'm greatly looking forward to seeing the new Kel-Tec 308 bullpup in person with a 32" barrel. Ballistics approach 300 win mag levels, and the muzzle blast should be pretty tame, not to mention the recoil.

12_ga_013.jpg

If there were detailed instructions I'd love to try it. I'd definately have to do a thumbhole style because of the deuche bag politics in N.Y.

I haven't had to address this since the AWB, but. . .ANY state that forbids PGs on any firearm, views thumbhole stocks AS the SAME as PG. Be advised.

I'm a fan of the long barreled bullpup. I don't really like bullpups that are butt-heavy, but fitting a long barrel inside something a foot or so shorter is my cup of tea.

I'm greatly looking forward to seeing the new Kel-Tec 308 bullpup in person with a 32" barrel. Ballistics approach 300 win mag levels, and the muzzle blast should be pretty tame, not to mention the recoil.

The KEL-TEC RFB Rifle is very nice!! I don't want to wait a year to get one!!

Kel-Tek RFB Rifle Link

David