Saiga-20 Picture Thread

To quote from another thread about the lack of activity in the S-20 forum...

"Here Ye, Here Ye..." Why the bloody-hell is it so quiet here, within the Saiga-20 forums??? Like... I find myself sitting at home almost every day cruising through the new forum postings, counting down the days (okay, so THAT'S a bloody lie, it will be more like months!) until I get my TROMIX Saiga-20 from Tony "the-stud-man" Rumore... which of course the wait is excruciating torture beyond this plain of existence's comprehension.... but no one (apparently no Saiga-20 owners) have anything to say or report about concerning Saiga-20s!!!!!

Well you heard the man! Show em off guys!

And lets please try to keep this just a picture thread for Saiga 20's.

Here's an old pic of mine in an experimental stock from Jeric and an experimental sling design from vjor.

post-1293-1169177657_thumb.jpg

I put a new Russian laminated handguard on it with an upper HG I came up with from an SKS vented one...

post-1293-1169180684_thumb.jpg

...and a new matching laminated Russian buttstock and 50's era Russian PG.

post-1293-1169180982_thumb.jpg

BWAHAHAHaHA :devil:

post-1293-1178295958_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1178295984_thumb.jpg

Saiga-20 ~ 22" barrel, factory BHO, rib style sights

Bolt carrier beadblasted by pistonring8

Compliance parts used were:

Tapco G-2 FCG

Tromix gas piston

Saiga 20 still under construction...next I plan to chop the barrel and install a ported polychoke :smoke:

The pencil line behind the fsb is where I'll be cutting the barrel. The ports will need enlarging and I'm currently working on a solution to do this without removing the GB since my HG retainer is "welded" to it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just Got Married on October 23, 2010. She did let me take a couple pictures with my men, my shottys "and a old 44 cal. black powder" The Older Brother wanted to be different! BTW the best man for got

Work in progress, but it's coming along.

Posted Images

Heres mine... with a set of .308 wood on it... I like it much better than the black factory stuff... and in NY I wanted to keep this factory for hunting purposes... in a few weeks I will hope to buy a second, and convert THAT one... but this one stays!! :up:

:smoke:

30820gauge.jpg

post-1804-1169219018_thumb.jpg

Think 82rnds is enough before I have to reload?

post-1804-1169219006_thumb.jpg

Rifle sights

post-1804-1169218991_thumb.jpg

HUD Optics

16.5-17" Barrel

Polychoke

Welded FSB

Rifle Sights

Vented Handguard with Rail

Flashlight

Tactical Mag-Release

Frankenmags

Bolt Hold Open

SAW PG

CAR Stock with Mercury Recoil Reducer

Buttpad

Gas Block Modifications

Bolt Carrier/Rail Modifications

FCG Modifications

Dust Cover Modifications

Feed Ramp Modifications

A most special thanks to Cobra who did/taught me the conversion, for the awesome magazine ramps, the ventilated handguard, and for all the help!

Thanks to Dinzag for teaching me to do the Frankenmags!

Thanks to Jeric for the mag-release!

Thanks to the forum for all the ideas!

post-1804-1169219029_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jesus-Joseph-Mary friggen-mother Christ AegisDei! That damned mag is so long... I hope you don't have any wood in your pants when you pull that puppy up to your shoulder... or you're likely to litterally "beat yourself off" with it, every time you pull the trigger.

Or... was that the intent of the mag being so bloody-long?

:lolol: ----- :lolol: ----- :lolol: ----- :super:

• Like 1
Jesus-Joseph-Mary friggen-mother Christ AegisDei! That damned mag is so long... I hope you don't have any wood in your pants when you pull that puppy up to your shoulder... or you're likely to litterally "beat yourself off" with it, every time you pull the trigger.

Or... was that the intent of the mag being so bloody-long?

:lolol: ----- :lolol: ----- :lolol: ----- :super:

:angel:

Bigger is better, the more the merrier, size matters, etc.

I mainly wanted to see if it could be done, and really it's not too bad. I'll try to post a picture of a 15rnd 20ga mag vs. a 30rnd 7.62 mag. It's not any longer than a 7.62 40rnder.

Wait til I get the time to start hacking up the AGPs. A twenty rounder is within the realm of possibility, but definitely 15s. :devil:

• 3 weeks later...

S-20 Circa October 2005

post-2093-1171071099_thumb.jpg

S-20 Jan '06 - Converted

post-2093-1171071455_thumb.jpg

S-20 Feb '06 - Undergoing Surgery

post-2093-1171071522_thumb.jpg

AKS-20 Mar '06 - Field Stripped

post-2093-1171071702_thumb.jpg

AKS-20 Mar '06 - Playing in the snow

post-2093-1171071804_thumb.jpg

AKS-20 Jun '06 - New FSB/Brake

post-2093-1171071886_thumb.jpg

My buddy's RPK'd out 20

post-2093-1171071991_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's my item converted myself with lots of help from dinzag, Cobra, and many others here on the forum...This was last year's project along with my brother's s-12 that I did at the same time.

Edited by nyclu3
  • 4 weeks later...

And here are more photos...

If you're wondering (or noticed the gray band material where my tactical light mounts to the barrel), I cut-to-fit a piece of high temperature gasket material and placed it around the barrel to prevent any scratching of the barrel's paint... to keep her pretty for when I desire to take off all the do-dads and and tactical forend, and replace it with the standard OEM S-20 forend handguard (for bird hunting purposes).

post-4853-1176660092_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1176660108_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1176660119_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1176660138_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary
  • 3 weeks later...
Here's my item converted myself with lots of help from dinzag, Cobra, and many others here on the forum...This was last year's project along with my brother's s-12 that I did at the same time.

Just came in here to update my pics and...

Hey bro I think you forgot something :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Agh, I had tabs open and responded to the wrong topic. Why can't I delete my post?!

I guess since I can't I'll just say that that Galil style bolt handle is amazing. My state decided that it can't trust its citizens, so I can't own a Galil. This has something to do with democrat politicians being breed from a better gene pool or something, I forget their exact reasoning because I haven't read Mein Kampf since highschool. Until I leave this state, I'll do what I can to make my .410 look like a Galil.

Edited by Twinsen

Just came in here to update my pics and...

Hey bro I think you forgot something :unsure:

Sorry I had deleted ALL of my attachments. I already restored this thread's pics.

nyclu3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had this finished for a couple of months now. I've had a boatload of trouble getting this shotgun to work properly, mag problems, some ejection problems (it would seem the ejector is not far enough forward on the rail) but mostly issues with the gas system and shot loads. anyways I digress, here is my Saiga 20. All my mags are Franken-mags, the brake was homemade on my mill and lathe as was the vertical grip and I also modified the Halo rail by milling off and/or drilling out the excess material. The Halo Rail is great but it is ridiculously heavy.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/gar...pg?t=1198882303

PS I edited this post about 3 times to try and get the pic to show up but it won't, what am I doing wrong?

Edited by Gilgamesh
  • 1 month later...

I finished this up this week.

Simple S20 conversion and a Frankenmag.

The S20 is complete but I'll likely mod the stock on this one to be shorter with a Bulgarian style grenade launcher pad.

The magazine also needs a "wedge" so that I can feed 2 3/4" shells so I'll need to get that sorted out.

post-8015-1203898118_thumb.jpg

I finished this up this week.

Simple S20 conversion and a Frankenmag.

The S20 is complete but I'll likely mod the stock on this one to be shorter with a Bulgarian style grenade launcher pad.

The magazine also needs a "wedge" so that I can feed 2 3/4" shells so I'll need to get that sorted out.

post-8015-1203898118_thumb.jpg

Looks great man! Good job on the mag too. I make those wedges for $5 ea so let me know if you need some.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my S-20 with the folding stock and pistol grip from jmac's group buy as well as the AK front sight that I had to fix because the russians were asleep at the design table. They make some great military hardware, but their consumer products need some help....

Next up I need to add a new foreguard, a choke and/or brake and a flashlight and/or laser.

dscn4340chc7.jpg

dscn4339cvm9.jpg

dscn4321bmk5.jpg

• 1 month later...
Holy smokes, Violiv... :eek:

What ya got on that thing there... a 1 meter barrel!??!?!?! WOW thats long!

:smoke:

Is a 27" barrel - the longest made - +2" the compensator. I use this gun at bird hunting and trap. The russian AK front sight on top of the barrel work better then the original placed on gase tube. The choke is "0". At 70 yards, with proper "long-range" shels the only problem is the shuter :unsure:

The scope is for "fun" and for wild pig hunting. I use "Sauvestre Magnum" at maximum 100 y's - the better "slug" here (6$ one!!!) and work properly from longer barrels.

http://www.sauvestre.com/index_us.htm

Edited by violiv

The results on wild pig (and rabit hunting :unsure: ) at 40 to 70 y's.

sauvestreyk2.th.jpg

triplumistretxb1.th.jpg

iepuresauvbd8.th.jpg

In 20, 16 and 20 gauge they work fine, with a regular 2-3" group at 50 y's and ~6" at 100 but only with a better sight than usual for a double-barrel shotgun and in guns with 1 barrel (semi or bolt). The energy, balistic and results ar like a .444 Marlin.

If you don't have a semi-auto rifle, buy Sauvestre for your semi-auto shotgun :rolleyes: