I have a Romanian SAR-3 that as I'm sure most of you know, is a nightmare to find magazines for. I was curious though, if it would overly complicated to convert a AR or AK drum to work on the SAR body. The AR magazine body is roughly the same size and shape it's just how it latches. The AK is substantially larger than the SAR's. For a frame of reference, even the AK-101 magazines do not fit even though they are the same caliber.

Thoughts?

Back in 1999, I was taking SAR-3 mags (before there was a SAR-3 rifle), cutting the tops off of them, and making Beta-C feed towers to fit Valmet rifles. Then I would take the bottom half and weld it to a 30rd SAR-3 mag to make a 50rd Valmet magazine. I made about 10ea of them.

No, I won't build one for you.

Tony

Back in 1999, I was taking SAR-3 mags (before there was a SAR-3 rifle), cutting the tops off of them, and making Beta-C feed towers to fit Valmet rifles. Then I would take the bottom half and weld it to a 30rd SAR-3 mag to make a 50rd Valmet magazine. I made about 10ea of them.

No, I won't build one for you.

Tony

Brutal.

(ponders incoherently...)

Hmm... just open up the receiver with a dremel to accept double stack mags... like they do on the WASR's?!?!?!

:smoke:

I thought about using the ol' dremel, however, I already have four SAR mag's for it. I'd probably just botch it anyway. I was really just looking for some more options for mags. Two I've got are pretty much garbage and the other two are german steel mags, which are about par for the course.

Just looking for pipe dream solutions. The ability to use an AR drum would be choice.