.45 Long Colt Beretta Stampede

Hello Everyone,

I am trouble difficulty locating information reguarding the .45 long colt. I have recently put a down payment on a Beretta Stampede and I am have so much trouble finding information on this cartradge. I would really like to find out about much much recoid it ill give but I would love to see a video of it shooting. I have also noticed that the ammo is somewhat expensive so anyone who know where to find it cheap it would be grealy appreciated. I would also like to know if the Uberti will have the same fit and finish as the beretta name.

Thank You,

Teky0101

Hello Everyone,

I am trouble difficulty locating information reguarding the .45 long colt. I have recently put a down payment on a Beretta Stampede and I am have so much trouble finding information on this cartradge. I would really like to find out about much much recoid it ill give but I would love to see a video of it shooting. I have also noticed that the ammo is somewhat expensive so anyone who know where to find it cheap it would be grealy appreciated. I would also like to know if the Uberti will have the same fit and finish as the beretta name.

Thank You,

Teky0101

I've always thought of it as a rimmed .45 ACP. Recoil feels about the same as shooting a 1911 to me but with the differences in grip style and shape you might have a slightly different experience.

The 45 Colt came out in 1873 as a new army cartridge. It was loaded with a 250 grain lead bullet under 40 grains of black powder. This gave about 1000 fps from the SAA 7 and 1/2 inch barrel. Modern day loads are with smokeless powders with a few excetions for the cowboy shooters. I have seen the Stampede and it is a fine gun. Its better looking than the Uberti but its made by the same people. The 45 Colt has a rather mild recoil with standard factory loads and very mild with the cowboy loads. Theres no real cheap ammo for bigbore handguns. If you want to shoot a lot then learn to reload as this will save a lot per box. The single actions are fun to shoot and you will enjoy it. You should be able to find lots of info by just putting in "45 Colt" on Google. If any other questions just ask.

The 45 Colt came out in 1873 as a new army cartridge. It was loaded with a 250 grain lead bullet under 40 grains of black powder. This gave about 1000 fps from the SAA 7 and 1/2 inch barrel. Modern day loads are with smokeless powders with a few excetions for the cowboy shooters. I have seen the Stampede and it is a fine gun. Its better looking than the Uberti but its made by the same people. The 45 Colt has a rather mild recoil with standard factory loads and very mild with the cowboy loads. Theres no real cheap ammo for bigbore handguns. If you want to shoot a lot then learn to reload as this will save a lot per box. The single actions are fun to shoot and you will enjoy it. You should be able to find lots of info by just putting in "45 Colt" on Google. If any other questions just ask.

Nice information.

I carry a Ruger Vaquero .45 Long Colt as my carry piece just because it fits my body well and I like the way it shoots. Recoil is not all that bad at all. My girl(who is a real girlie girl) loves to shoot it. She said it has much less recoil than my 1911.

I agree with learning to reload. That will save you a lot of time in the long run and you can be picky about bullet type and powder/etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your posts and useful information. I was able to fins a place with good ammo at low cost. The place is called outdoormarksman.com I bought two cases of the factory new miwall ammo which I have been hearing rave reviews about but I will have to shoot it to find out. But this stuff looks nice! If anyone know the difference between th estainless steel gun and the nickel guns and if lead is corrosive I would grealtly appecitate it.

Thanks,

Teky0101

Lead will foul the bore more quickly, but I don't think it should lead to corrosion. As I understand it, the composition of the chemical in the primer is what decides whether the ammo is corrosive or not. Most all modern ammo (that I know of) uses non-corrosive primers. The only 45 Colt I've shot is a Ruger Blackhawk. The recoil isn't much worse than the 45 ACP in a 1911. Reloading, with lead bullets and smokeless powders, should be pretty cheap - comparatively. Lead bullets are generally cheaper than jacketed bullets, and since they are loaded to produce lower velocities (so as to reduce fouling), you'll use a bit less smokeless powder (again, to reduce fouling). Just a thought. I don't know how much money the powder would save you, but the bullets should definately be something you save on.

Thank you everyone for you help. I want to let everyone know that I went with the Beretta Stampede Nickel finish with the 4.75in barrel. The gun feels sweet! The hammer is tight the cylinder is smooth and the gun is pure eye candy! I purchases 500 rounds of Lead Nose Flat Point of miwall from outdoormarksman.com and this ammo looks nice. I will be taking it out to the range on Monday for a test shoot and I will let everyone know how it goes. If anyone could tell me the arruracy of the .45 long colt before I go out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Teky0101

Edited by Teky0101